Anderson would've had it

Milkman delivers

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (onedude @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 08:24 PM)
this is a four game series.....so you mean all four games right...LOL

Sure... 4 games then... hell make it the whole week.

BA is not a good everyday player... sorry.

Scotty Pods isn't BA in the field, but I will take the bad out there to go with his lead off ability.

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 08:26 PM)

Scotty Pods isn't BA in the field, but I will take the bad out there to go with his lead off ability.

I agree with you, I like the lineup and setup as is right now, unless you can improve it via trade.

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:26 PM)

BA will be traded to a NL team in the off-season. Probably not this year. He'll than go on to be a career 4th to 5th outfielder. Offensively he doesn't have the ability to start.

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 08:18 PM)
Pods has 2 runs scored and been on base twice.

It would have taken BA all 3 games of this series to reach base twice.

LOL Yes, this is true. And I have to say, TCQ SHOULD have been chasing Pods HARD on that play, just like they teach you in Little League. A lot of people will disagree, but to me this is a really poor play by TCQ to not even be in position as well.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:29 PM)
BA will be traded to a NL team in the off-season. Probably not this year. He'll than go on to be a career 4th to 5th outfielder. Offensively he doesn't have the ability to start.

I think if he gets a legit hitting coach who can find a way to get through to him, he'll have a solid career, but he's just not a match with this staff at all. The stories we're going to hear whenever they do move him...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:35 PM)
I think if he gets a legit hitting coach who can find a way to get through to him, he'll have a solid career, but he's just not a match with this staff at all. The stories we're going to hear whenever they do move him...

Thats the biggest bunch of garbage I've ever seen. The guy has one of the worse swings in baseball and will never be able to hit enough to start. Same with Fields (who doesn't have the bat speed to make it).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:37 PM)
Thats the biggest bunch of garbage I've ever seen. The guy has one of the worse swings in baseball and will never be able to hit enough to start. Same with Fields (who doesn't have the bat speed to make it).

To my eyes, there have been times where it has looked like he has had a very solid swing. Coming in to 2007, for example, before he was hurt. Coming in to camp in 2008 as well. I could be wrong, but both of those times he seemed to be a lot more under control and balanced and was putting together a much shorter swing. In 07, he was benched and by the time Erstad was hurt he was back standing up straight and grounding out again, then he hurt his wrist. In 08, ditto, benched, and all those bad habits came back.

Amazing how so many people love to make assumptions. That all this post is.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:39 PM)
To my eyes, there have been times where it has looked like he has had a very solid swing. Coming in to 2007, for example, before he was hurt. Coming in to camp in 2008 as well. I could be wrong, but both of those times he seemed to be a lot more under control and balanced and was putting together a much shorter swing. In 07, he was benched and by the time Erstad was hurt he was back standing up straight and grounding out again, then he hurt his wrist. In 08, ditto, benched, and all those bad habits came back.

BA has had every opportunity but he has a major hitch in his swing that prevents him from ever making consistent hard contact on a breaking pitch. It hinders him from having a good swing plane and thus he'll always have trouble, despite his pitch recognition improving in each of his professional seasons.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:39 PM)

My ass, his numbers back up my argument. At some point you have to realize a guy can't hit, no matter what the talent. Look at Jeff Francouer. He was just a version of BA who got hot for a season but had significant swing flaws and those came out with the advanced scouting and now he can't hit either. BA was a guy that relied heavily on his athletism and pure ability to hit, not a guy that had a good text-book swing and in the end it caught up to him.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 01:40 AM)
BA has had every opportunity but he has a major hitch in his swing that prevents him from ever making consistent hard contact on a breaking pitch. It hinders him from having a good swing plane and thus he'll always have trouble, despite his pitch recognition improving in each of his professional seasons.

But who's to say a fresh point of view with a new hitting coach won't help him with that hitch?

I really doubt any other organization would be as patient with Anderson as the Sox were.

If he was such a hot commodity why arent teams beating down the door to trade for him?

He was a first rounder and had promise, but nothing suggests that hell ever be more than a defensive replacement (if he can hit lefties more consistently which is a real problem for a rh bat off the bench.)

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:39 PM)

And with Fields, why don't you watch and see how many league average fastballs down the middle he'll swing through. And again, look at the pitch tracking and you'll see he can't hit the FB. You won't have major league success if you can't hit a FB but you can make a career if you can only hit a FB (and are good enough to lay off of the breaking stuff).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:41 PM)
But who's to say a fresh point of view with a new hitting coach won't help him with that hitch?

He's had numerous hitting coaches in the Sox system. It isn't just Walker. In fact, his swing is a lot better now than it was 3 years ago. That should say enough. He clearly has the athletic ability but people act as if the Sox weren't patient. The guy got every chance in the world.