Anderson would've had it

Milkman delivers

And with Fields, why don't you watch and see how many league average fastballs down the middle he'll swing through. And again, look at the pitch tracking and you'll see he can't hit the FB. You won't have major league success if you can't hit a FB but you can make a career if you can only hit a FB (and are good enough to lay off of the breaking stuff).

Your well thought out insight can be negated by a simple fact of life: things can change.

BA has had every opportunity

I stopped right there because that's simply not true.

Edited by TheBigHurt

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/style_images...es/rte-list.gif

My ass, his numbers back up my argument. At some point you have to realize a guy can't hit, no matter what the talent. Look at Jeff Francouer. He was just a version of BA who got hot for a season but had significant swing flaws and those came out with the advanced scouting and now he can't hit either. BA was a guy that relied heavily on his athletism and pure ability to hit, not a guy that had a good text-book swing and in the end it caught up to him.

His numbers back up a statement simply claiming as FACT that he will "never" be a good hitter? Some people are so hung up on statistics that they forget common sense.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:47 PM)
Your right there is a conspiracy against a former 1st round draft pick because it makes Kenny look really good that BA hasnt panned out.

Does "Ozzie really doesn't like his attitude" equal a conspiracy?

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:44 PM)

Are you serious? Look, if he was good enough he'd have made an opportunity sometime in the various shots he has gotten. The reality is he didn't. He got a very extended look this season and lost his job to Wise. I know all of us hate Wise and its true the guy isn't a good baseball player but it says a lot when a team keeps Wise over Anderson. I'd understnad a team keeping the less talented guy if it was because the other guy was young and needed everyday ab's but that wasn't the case this time.

He's had years to bust out and earn a job and never did. THe reality is the Sox are trying to win and compete every year so you can't sit around and put crap out on the field. Wise and Anderson sucked, Pods got a shot and earned the gig. BA has had opportunties to win starting jobs at least 3 times to enter the season (and that includes this season). The Sox even traded Rowand partly because of Anderson so it isn't as if the organization didn't like him. I realize the stereo-type about Ozzie but bottom line is Brian's gotten shot after shot.

I love BA, funny guy, great defender, but he isn't a starter and if people don't realize it by now they never will. And even if people say he needs a change of scenery that would point out to the fact that he'd never be a starter here.

No just some people are implying that Anderson hasnt been given a "fair chance" etc.

If he hit .300 ever year Ozzie doesnt care about his attitude. Hes hitting .200 and my guess is that Kenny doesnt want to admit that a lot of his first round picks have been massive busts.

We can spin it however people want, but there have been very few if any rumors about people wanting to trade for Anderson. If he was such a talent teams would notice that he was getting screwed and try and pick him up.

Some of these comments are just off the wall.

Its just Brian Anderson.

Are you serious? Look, if he was good enough he'd have made an opportunity sometime in the various shots he has gotten. The reality is he didn't. He got a very extended look this season and lost his job to Wise. I know all of us hate Wise and its true the guy isn't a good baseball player but it says a lot when a team keeps Wise over Anderson. I'd understnad a team keeping the less talented guy if it was because the other guy was young and needed everyday ab's but that wasn't the case this time.

He's had years to bust out and earn a job and never did. THe reality is the Sox are trying to win and compete every year so you can't sit around and put crap out on the field. Wise and Anderson sucked, Pods got a shot and earned the gig. BA has had opportunties to win starting jobs at least 3 times to enter the season (and that includes this season). The Sox even traded Rowand partly because of Anderson so it isn't as if the organization didn't like him. I realize the stereo-type about Ozzie but bottom line is Brian's gotten shot after shot.

I love BA, funny guy, great defender, but he isn't a starter and if people don't realize it by now they never will. And even if people say he needs a change of scenery that would point out to the fact that he'd never be a starter here.

Yeah, I'm serious.

It's amazing that in a long, thought out paragraph there really was nothing to argue to actual point, just a wall of text disguised as insight. BA has been mismanaged like hell. Not to say he's been solid or he would have been, but BA was NOT "given every opportunity," and Wise is an even WORSE player, so PLEASE stop with the "he lost his job to Wise" BS because I laughed so hard at that statement. He "lost his job" to a worse player and THAT'S grounds for making a childish assumption that BA will never be a good hitter?

Where did you learn logic from?

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:44 PM)
Your well thought out insight can be negated by a simple fact of life: things can change.

And they can. I didn't use these terms with Gavin Floyd. So don't act as if I live in this make believe world. But some guys can't do things. Buehrle is never going to throw 95 and BA is never going to turn into an all star hitter. Same with Josh Fields. If I was going to rate the odds I'd give Fields a better shot simply because he has produced at the big league level.

And if you want to look back at my scouting analysis I've said Anderson was going to have trouble hitting big league pitching dating back to my scouting write-ups at FutureSox when he was one of the SOx top prospects.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:56 PM)
And if you want to look back at my scouting analysis I've said Anderson was going to have trouble hitting big league pitching dating back to my scouting write-ups at FutureSox when he was one of the SOx top prospects.

The thing that has bothered me the most about this whole mess is that we've actually seen him make adjustments, and then a few weeks later when he comes back from the bench or the next season after he's back from injury, he's right back to his old habits. I always felt like that was my biggest issue with how he was coached; every time I saw improvement from him, he went back to the bench, and came back worse than he left.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:52 PM)
Yeah, I'm serious.

It's amazing that in a long, thought out paragraph there really was nothing to argue to actual point, just a wall of text disguised as insight. BA has been mismanaged like hell. Not to say he's been solid or he would have been, but BA was NOT "given every opportunity," and Wise is an even WORSE player, so PLEASE stop with the "he lost his job to Wise" BS because I laughed so hard at that statement. He "lost his job" to a worse player and THAT'S grounds for making a childish assumption that BA will never be a good hitter?

His major league numbers and poor swing are good enough for me. And my track record on this things is also good enough for me. So why don't you tell me why you think BA can do something? I'm curious, what is your logic? I'd really like to see it. BA got relatively all of the starts in June (25 games played) and hit .203 and than in July got in 10 games and hit .200. In 2008 he hit .232 with 45k's in 181 ab's. Assuming 600 ab's that would have been 149K's. 2007 was .118 in limited ab's (spend the year in the minors). 2006, .225.

And in 334 games, albeit broken up, he's hit .225 with 203K's and just 176Hits and 20 HR's. And there has been very little progress throughout his major league career which would indicate that he's consistently getting better.

And they can. I didn't use these terms with Gavin Floyd. So don't act as if I live in this make believe world. But some guys can't do things. Buehrle is never going to throw 95 and BA is never going to turn into an all star hitter. Same with Josh Fields. If I was going to rate the odds I'd give Fields a better shot simply because he has produced at the big league level.

Whoa, whoa! Where did I ever use the term "All-Star hitter?"

And man, if everyone here was always correct with their "analysis," BMac would be pitching for us (well, I might add), Floyd would have been released on waivers by the Sox a WHILE ago, Danks wouldn't have pitched last year (well, anyway), and OH so many more examples.

So forgive me for not thinking your analysis is ultimately worth a damn.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 06:52 PM)
Yeah, I'm serious.

I've written about the Sox and put my opinions out there for years and you won't find anyone in the public eye whose been more accurate than I have been in regards to Sox prospects. The top prospects I've bashed have tended to fail, most of the ones I've hyped have produced to an extent (although Chris young, who was one of my boys clearly hasn't lived up to his hype either). So there is this thing called scouting and evaluating and well quite frankly it is a large reason why you don't see teams banging on the Sox door for Anderson. Someone will take him, but they aren't going to give up much for him thats for sure.

His major league numbers and poor swing are good enough for me. And my track record on this things is also good enough for me. So why don't you tell me why you think BA can do something? I'm curious, what is your logic? I'd really like to see it. BA got relatively all of the starts in June (25 games played) and hit .203 and than in July got in 10 games and hit .200. In 2008 he hit .232 with 45k's in 181 ab's. Assuming 600 ab's that would have been 149K's. 2007 was .118 in limited ab's (spend the year in the minors). 2006, .225.

And in 334 games, albeit broken up, he's hit .225 with 203K's and just 176Hits and 20 HR's. And there has been very little progress throughout his major league career which would indicate that he's consistently getting better.

I don't think I even need to explain MY logic to a guy who brings up "losing his job" to Wise as an argument as to why Anderson will never be a good hitter.

And I could be wrong here (not that it matters), but wasn't Crede basically the same before he broke out?

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 07:02 PM)
Whoa, whoa! Where did I ever use the term "All-Star hitter?"

And man, if everyone here was always correct with their "analysis," BMac would be pitching for us (well, I might add), Floyd would have been released on waivers by the Sox a WHILE ago, Danks wouldn't have pitched last year (well, anyway), and OH so many more examples.

So forgive me for not thinking your analysis is ultimately worth a damn.

Your talking to the wrong guy on that. I've backed Floyd from the get-go, including his struggles early this season. No idea who was saying Danks shouldn't have pitched and well Bmac would have been pitching here had the Sox not gottne offered Danks (which was a great idea).

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 07:04 PM)
I don't think I even need to explain MY logic to a guy who brings up "losing his job" to Wise as an argument as to why Anderson will never be a good hitter.

And I could be wrong here (not that it matters), but wasn't Crede basically the same before he broke out?

Why? Anderson lost his job to Wise. You can tell me all you want that Ozzie hates him but the reality is he couldn't beat out Dwayne Wise and is now in Charlotte. Thats a pretty valid argument. And Wise is bad at baseball.

Your talking to the wrong guy on that. I've backed Floyd from the get-go, including his struggles early this season. No idea who was saying Danks shouldn't have pitched and well Bmac would have been pitching here had the Sox not gottne offered Danks (which was a great idea).

What I was saying is that many people were adamant about Danks not being ready. The point is, if "analysis" was always correct, we'd always know who would win and who would be good/bad, wouldn't we? It's just common sense. Ultimatey, analysis, predictions, assumptions, etc. aren't worth a damn.

Why? Anderson lost his job to Wise. You can tell me all you want that Ozzie hates him but the reality is he couldn't beat out Dwayne Wise and is now in Charlotte. Thats a pretty valid argument. And Wise is bad at baseball.

Couldn't beat out DeWayne Wise? WTF are you talking about? He's a FAR superior fielder and Wise can't get on base either. How is that a valid argument???

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 07:11 PM)
What I was saying is that many people were adamant about Danks not being ready. The point is, if "analysis" was always correct, we'd always know who would win and who would be good/bad, wouldn't we? It's just common sense.

Couldn't beat out DeWayne Wise? WTF are you talking about? He's a FAR superior fielder and Wise can't get on base either. How is that a valid argument???

Than why is Brian in AAA and Wise in the majors? Brian is the superior athlete, that doesn't make him the better baseball player. Note, I actually think Anderson is better because of his defense but regardless neither has any business being on an American league roster.

The fact is Anderson couldn't beat out Wise. Tell me how that isn't a fact? One's in AAA ones in the bigs.

Than why is Brian in AAA and Wise in the majors? Brian is the superior athlete, that doesn't make him the better baseball player. Note, I actually think Anderson is better because of his defense but regardless neither has any business being on an American league roster.

The fact is Anderson couldn't beat out Wise. Tell me how that isn't a fact? One's in AAA ones in the bigs.

So by Ozzie going with a worse player, that means the worse player "beat out" Anderson? Meaning earned it?

So the manager's decision is always the correct one and always signifies a player's worth?

Again, I wonder where in the world your logic comes from.

I'm sick to death of the topic that is Brian Anderson and the 327835065320643207344 excuses on why he's sucked from the moment he's put on a White Sox uniform. Does it really matter that Wise is on the team instead of him? Yeah, defense. I know, I know. But this division will not be won or lost because we don't have Brian to potentially make a good defensive play every now and then. The dude is awful with the bat. Easily negating any impact he could possibly make with the glove as a late-inning defensive replacement.