Rays (51-42) @ White Sox (48-44) 7:11pm CSN-HD

WSoxMatt

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 10:44 PM)
You haven't seen a lot of Mets games this year have you? LOL.

Just go get them tomorrow, if you were to tell me we'd be 2 games out July 21st in May, I'd take it in a heart beat.

Don't give me this optimist garbage. We had this win, we f***ing had it, and Bobby screwed us over again. This is become a trend, and we can't ignore it in favor of feeling proud about being mediocre.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 09:43 PM)
f*** Bobby Jenks. And screw this team for not being able to comeback ever. Still waiting for an opponent to blow a save against us...

Wow...ya probably need to score more than 2 runs most of the time to win a game anyway. But Bobby was horrible out there. Not sure I'd throw an F bomb at him though.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 03:44 AM)
Do what? He barely escaped three blown saves in the last 10 games. At least my man love for J. Werth can continue to make tonight not just horrible.

Iwant to know what Jenk's problem is and not hear a tirade from Ozzie about how he is the manager and it was just a lucky hit blah blah. We can't afford to give up leads and wins in the 9th. That's what our closer is for to shut down the opposition/ Other teams seem to be able to beat us in the 9th

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 09:47 PM)
We officially have the best "on paper only" bullpen in the league. These guys constantly put the team in danger of losing late.

Even Hawk is backing off a bit on the bullpen praise.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 03:47 AM)
We officially have the best "on paper only" bullpen in the league. These guys constantly put the team in danger of losing late.

One can't argue the fact either

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 02:47 AM)
Iwant to know what Jenk's problem is and not hear a tirade from Ozzie about how he is the manager and it was just a lucky hit blah blah. We can't afford to give up leads and wins in the 9th. That's what our closer is for to shut down the opposition/ Other teams seem to be able to beat us in the 9th

The ironic thing is that Jenks K rate is way up from last year. He also had amazing control really until last night. As jphat keeps pointing out, he's throwing that sinker and it's tailing too much towards his right. He obviously has no confidence in his 4 seamer.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 07:47 PM)

It also doesn't help that our pitching staff has gotten crap for run support in this series.

As for Jenks, it'll be interesting to see if he's still in a Sox uni at this time next year. He's going to start costing a lot of money soon.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
Relax. Take a deep breath, step away from the keyboard, and relax.

Tony, I'm sorry but the last thing I want to hear after we blow a game we should have won, is a post that effectively says, “"yeah, we sucked, but we didn't suck enough to permanently screw us over."” I just don't have the patience for that. The problem is that this is now the expected outcome with Bobby, he can't have an easy save.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 03:49 AM)
I'm incredibly frusrated with Jenks, but the post above noting the 0'fer from our big bats was right. Wasted offensive opportunities are just as bad. Pods bunts fly to pitcher!? Bases left loaded with horrible AB's? Unacceptable.

And that was all too consistently happending too and now we are back to it. Our bottom of the order guys are doing better than our big boppers as far as as gettig the job done consistently

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 02:47 AM)
Relax. Take a deep breath, step away from the keyboard, and relax.

I'm disappointed we couldn't keep the momentum from last night and win tonight, but I'm just happy to finally get to watch our top 9 batters play in the same lineup.