Rays (51-42) @ White Sox (48-44) 7:11pm CSN-HD

WSoxMatt

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 09:49 PM)
I'm incredibly frusrated with Jenks, but the post above noting the 0'fer from our big bats was right. Wasted offensive opportunities are just as bad. Pods bunts fly to pitcher!? Bases left loaded with horrible AB's? Unacceptable.

So it would of made it eaiser to sleep tonight if we lost 6-5 after leading 5-4 entering the 9th?

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 02:50 AM)
Mariano Rivera makes about as much as Jenks, Linebrink, and Dotel combined.

I deleted it as soon as I typed it, as I was referring to the set-up men but figured there's guys on the DL I forget.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 07:50 PM)
And that was all too consistently happending too and now we are back to it. Our bottom of the order guys are doing better than our big boppers as far as as gettig the job done consistently

Consistently? They're all hitting well, they had one bad night. It happens. Solid pitcher against us got them. Dye and Konerko are hitting right around .300, Thome's been Thome, good power from all 3. Sometimes they get beat.

The good news right now is...the bottom of our order is giving us some balance. Last couple years, it's been either those 3 or nothing.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 08:51 PM)
So it would of made it eaiser to sleep tonight if we lost 6-5 after leading 5-4 entering the 9th?

Please. Don't interpret it that way. You know better. It's not the total runs, though more Sox runs would've been nice, it's that there equally wasted offensive opportunities as there was the wasted save opportunity.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 07:54 PM)
The good news right now is...the bottom of our order is giving us some balance. Last couple years, it's been either those 3 or nothing.

Except for 2007, when it was just "nothing" through the entire lineup.

Agreed that the balance (stemming from the better-than-expected hitting from Beckham and Pods) is a break from the recent past. I'm still pretty excited about this squad. And I'm even more encouraged when I watch Richard go out and dominate a very good team.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 07:57 PM)
Sorry, don't mean to bring any positive vibes to the board but Clayton pitched really well. That gives me a whole mess of hope for his future, both this season and beyond..

Back to your pessimistic comments about the bullpen/team.

:lolhitting

C'mon, man! Don't you know how things are done here? Get with the program! :P

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)
To put the whole pen in perspective, tonight was our 10th blown save on the season. 20 teams already have more blown saves than that.

I'm thinking most of those 20 teams aren't playoff contenders which we're aspiring to be.