Worthless stat of the day...

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 11:14 AM)
The Sox are 4 games over .500, but have no run differential. They have scored 429 and given up 429.

Last I saw that stat, I thought they were close to -30. They've made up a LOT of ground there.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)
So we have scored as many as we have given and are 4 games over .500 ... Yes, Ozzie's an idiot. Think green on that last sentence.

I actually agree that people who think Ozzie is an idiot (outside of his DeWayne Wise mancrush, which is pretty impossible to explain) are wrong because I think that overall he's a good manager, but you aren't a good manager just because your record is better than your run differential. There is a lot more to it than that.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 11:27 AM)
I actually agree that people who think Ozzie is an idiot (outside of his DeWayne Wise mancrush, which is pretty impossible to explain) are wrong because I think that overall he's a good manager, but you aren't a good manager just because your record is better than your run differential. There is a lot more to it than that.

I can't argue against that. But during Ozzie's time as Sox manager, and KW as GM for that matter, I have enjoyed being a Sox fan more than in any other era. I've been a Sox Fan a long time. These past few years have been the best. So really, it's overall body of work that makes me shake my head at the Ozzie is an idiot idiots.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 12:51 PM)
I can't argue against that. But during Ozzie's time as Sox manager, and KW as GM for that matter, I have enjoyed being a Sox fan more than in any other era. I've been a Sox Fan a long time. These past few years have been the best. So really, it's overall body of work that makes me shake my head at the Ozzie is an idiot idiots.

I like Ozzie a lot personally. He just does dumb things from time to time that piss me off and I can't explain, and need to vent about.

People who really, legitimately don't like Ozzie as a manager most likely just don't fully grasp how stupid most major league managers are. It shocks me on a daily basis seeing how many stupid decisions managers make, and although Ozzie has his fare share of mistakes, overall over the course of your typical 162 game season he's as good as his job as just about anybody in the league.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 11:58 AM)
People who really, legitimately don't like Ozzie as a manager most likely just don't fully grasp how stupid most major league managers are. It shocks me on a daily basis seeing how many stupid decisions managers make, and although Ozzie has his fare share of mistakes, overall over the course of your typical 162 game season he's as good as his job as just about anybody in the league.

That's the key. All managers make mistakes...but they are hindsight mistakes. Rarely is there a situation where you know the outcome before it plays out. Ozzie, for the most part, makes good decisions based on solid baseball knowledge.