Trade Winds Catch All

Chisoxfn

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 05:57 PM)
Some guy in Jim Callis' chat said the Sox and Boston discussed a Beckham for Buchholz trade, but didn't have a source and I can't find it anywhere so take it for what it's worth. I wouldn't trade Beckham for Buchholz, but I would certainly be willing to trade Ramirez for him if Boston was interested.

I think Buchholz is a bit overrated, and I wouldn't trade Gordon for him... but I'd definitely be tempted to trade Alexei for him (if the BoSox would agree to the deal).

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 09:11 PM)
I think Buchholz is a bit overrated, and I wouldn't trade Gordon for him... but I'd definitely be tempted to trade Alexei for him (if the BoSox would agree to the deal).

I'm with you. There's a reason he has been in the minors for the past year. It's cuz of the organization as to why he is so touted.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 09:11 PM)

What is with you wanting to trading Alexei? He's a huge piece of our future. Also, his defense has been a lot better lately. He might just be the complete package at SS. KW should only trade him in a huge package.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 10:27 PM)
What is with you wanting to trading Alexei? He's a huge piece of our future. Also, his defense has been a lot better lately. He might just be the complete package at SS. KW should only trade him in a huge package.

I'd trade Alexei in a heartbeat for Halladay and it's very tempting for a potential ace or no. 2 in Buchholz.

I think Alexei's value is the highest it'll ever be, and while he is a very solid player, he's prone to a lot of mistakes (both offensively and defensively), and I find it tough to pass up on the chance of getting a stud pitcher.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 09:41 PM)
I'm with you. There's a reason he has been in the minors for the past year. It's cuz of the organization as to why he is so touted.

Buchholz has fantastic stuff, and he's got pitbull attitude on the mound from what I've heard/read. His problems have been control and consistency at the MLB level though, and his frame leaves question marks about him being able to hold up over a long season.

He'd be a top prospect anywhere, but since he is with Boston, he's the second coming of Nolan Ryan or some hyped up crap like that.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 11:07 PM)
Buchholz has fantastic stuff, and he's got pitbull attitude on the mound from what I've heard/read. His problems have been control and consistency at the MLB level though, and his frame leaves question marks about him being able to hold up over a long season.

He'd be a top prospect anywhere, but since he is with Boston, he's the second coming of Nolan Ryan or some hyped up crap like that.

I'm still not buying the overhyped stuff. There is always tons of hype over prospects like him. The hype awards IMO go to Michael Bowden, Justin Masterson, and the lesser Chris Carter. Bowden especially for constantly being mentioned in the same sentence as the other guy who I will not put in this sentence.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
I'd trade Alexei in a heartbeat for Halladay and it's very tempting for a potential ace or no. 2 in Buchholz.

I think Alexei's value is the highest it'll ever be, and while he is a very solid player, he's prone to a lot of mistakes (both offensively and defensively), and I find it tough to pass up on the chance of getting a stud pitcher.

I'd think very hard about dealing Alexei for Clay, but no way on Halladay because of short contract length and amount of money owed. I have no idea why you're always so down on Alexei either. Are there players who hit like he does and do not make mistakes in the field? Are there even players at all who don't make mistakes in the field? Let the kid continue to learn. I'd be much happier with Alexei-Beckham up the middle over Beckham-Getz. Personally I love Alexei.

I really really like Alexi and it'd hurt to lose him.

I really would like him to be a Sox for a long time and if we need a starter just find another way.

What did the Cubbies give up for Harden last year? Top top prospects? I forget.

Please keep Lexi.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 12:59 AM)
According to tomorrow's Tribune, the Diamondbacks had scouts at our game today. The clubs obviously know a lot about each other. Not sure who KW would be interested in on Arizona (Haren's going nowhere).

They have this 1b in AAA that i really like. Honestly, i could see us looking into one of their middle relievers, with KW looking to send either Dotel or Linebrink to another team. There's always Garland too.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 06:00 AM)
They have this 1b in AAA that i really like. Honestly, i could see us looking into one of their middle relievers, with KW looking to send either Dotel or Linebrink to another team. There's always Garland too.

Forgot about Garland. He's throwing the ball pretty well now, but I want nothing to do with him. If KW trades for a starter, it needs to be someone we know is an upgrade over our 5 main guys.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 01:03 AM)
Forgot about Garland. He's throwing the ball pretty well now, but I want nothing to do with him. If KW trades for a starter, it needs to be someone we know is an upgrade over our 5 main guys.

I completely agree with you. Garland doesn’t have it anymore, he pitches to contact, and his peripherals are on a disturbing decline.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 10:03 PM)

Yeah I can't see us bringing Garland back. I don't feel that he'd be any upgrade over Richard/Colon or Torres who pitched well today.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 09:59 PM)
According to tomorrow's Tribune, the Diamondbacks had scouts at our game today. The clubs obviously know a lot about each other. Not sure who KW would be interested in on Arizona (Haren's going nowhere).

You guys think they were there to scout Torres? Qualls is probably who KW is interested in. Maybe Doug Davis or Chad Tracy? Max Scherzer would be nice but pricey. Justin Upton? I think I should keep dreaming on that one.

QUOTE (GO CHI SOX! @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 06:20 AM)
You guys think they were there to scout Torres? Qualls is probably who KW is interested in. Maybe Doug Davis or Chad Tracy? Max Scherzer would be nice but pricey. Justin Upton? I think I should keep dreaming on that one.

Chris Young as 4th outfielder? I don't even know if I'm kidding.