Trade Winds Catch All

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 10:37 PM)
Chris Young as 4th outfielder? I don't even know if I'm kidding.

Chris Young was one of the nicer guys that I have met. Unfortunately, he is just not performing and getting overpaid. I think at this point, Wise is a better option. I think I would like to trade for Doug Davis. He's not too bad, but he's a flyball pitcher and I'm just not sure how he would do at the Cell.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 11:42 PM)
I'd think very hard about dealing Alexei for Clay, but no way on Halladay because of short contract length and amount of money owed. I have no idea why you're always so down on Alexei either. Are there players who hit like he does and do not make mistakes in the field? Are there even players at all who don't make mistakes in the field? Let the kid continue to learn. I'd be much happier with Alexei-Beckham up the middle over Beckham-Getz. Personally I love Alexei.

I think Alexei's mental aspect of his game is going to led him to being a solid player instead of a great player. And personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see a dip in production in upcomming years. He just hasn't shown much baseball smarts out there, thinks he's the cuban babe ruth, and a couple other things about his game that have annoyed me (he likes to act very flashy, and he seems afraid of contact).

Also, it's not that I don't like Alexei, I really like him, and have been his biggest fan in the past (I'm pretty sure I was the only one calling for him to start at 2B last year on opening day).

Plus, I'm not sure he's the type of player you shell out big money to in 2 years (he'll be asking for a lot).

I wouldn't trade him for the sake of a trading him, but if I could get an ace pitcher from him, I'd do it.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 09:11 PM)
I think Buchholz is a bit overrated, and I wouldn't trade Gordon for him... but I'd definitely be tempted to trade Alexei for him (if the BoSox would agree to the deal).

Yeah Buchholz is defiantly a very interesting piece to consider, i know hes had some well documented off the field issues in his past but still, he is the definition of a live arm and potential ace.

I would want something coming back from Bostons end in addition to Buchholz for alexei; something along the lines of the braves giving us gilmore and also we would need to go get someone like teahen immediately to cover 3B.

I think Alexei could easily finish the season at his career OPS and possibly push .800 if he can begin to showcase his power.

for july hes put up this line .333/.373/.451 .824

out of the #2 .305/.363/.463 .826

over his last seven days .250/.292/.400 .692

hmm

09 10

Mark Mark

John John

Gavin Gavin

Jose Clay

Clay Clayton/Hudson

:drink

it sure would make things interesting going forward.

Edited by beautox

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 09:11 AM)
MLB Quick Pitch is reporting that while the Rays are in the mix for Halladay, and also for Cliff Lee, they supposedly are in discussions about something else they called major.

If Halladay and Lee aren't considered major, I wonder what the hell they are talking about then.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 05:10 PM)
Betancourt to Colorado. No more human rain delays.

Thank god, he's out of the division. There are a lot of horrible things i've considered doing to myself in between watching him pitch

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 03:21 AM)
Yeah Buchholz is defiantly a very interesting piece to consider, i know hes had some well documented off the field issues in his past but still, he is the definition of a live arm and potential ace.

I would want something coming back from Bostons end in addition to Buchholz for alexei; something along the lines of the braves giving us gilmore and also we would need to go get someone like teahen immediately to cover 3B.

I think Alexei could easily finish the season at his career OPS and possibly push .800 if he can begin to showcase his power.

for july hes put up this line .333/.373/.451 .824

out of the #2 .305/.363/.463 .826

over his last seven days .250/.292/.400 .692

hmm

09 10

Mark Mark

John John

Gavin Gavin

Jose Clay

Clay Clayton/Hudson

:drink

it sure would make things interesting going forward.

yeah, and then the Sox would fall out of the race pretty quickly. Who's going to play 3B for the rest of the season, Josh Fields? Wilson Betemit?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 03:24 PM)
Key point there is: he won't be pitching until well after the trade deadline.

Yea. I doubt he is but I wonder if he is kicking himself over not approving it when he had the chance. He could be in a very nice world series hunt right now - injured or not - and improve his value by pitching well. Instead he is stuck on his couch, not pitching, not winning and minimal hope it turns around.

The Tigers have a scout at tonight's Phillies game, and the Phillies had a scout at the Tigers game yesterday. The Phillies could be taking a look at Ryan Raburn. Raburn is a right-handed hitter who can play everywhere but shortstop and catcher. The Tigers are looking for starting pitching, although I'm not sure if there is a match ... unless the Phillies end up dealing Rodrigo Lopez to make room for Pedro Martinez's inevitable arrival.

Cowley was on 670 The Score and said that Dotel told him he could be included in a 3 way deal that would land the Sox Cliff Lee. He also talked about a possible deal for Dan Haren that could involve Floyd. I'd give up Poreda and a couple of other prospects for Lee. I just don't think he's worth Gavin Floyd.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:37 PM)
Cowley was on 670 The Score and said that Dotel told him he could be included in a 3 way deal that would land the Sox Cliff Lee. He also talked about a possible deal for Dan Haren that could involve Floyd. I'd give up Poreda and a couple of other prospects for Lee. I just don't think he's worth Gavin Floyd.

Cowley has no credibility when it comes to rumors.