Trade Winds Catch All

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
I'd be down for some Jarrod Washburn.

Too expensive and he really does benefit from pitching in Safeco. I'd rather keep our ammo and go as is than give up a lot for Jarod Wasbhurn.

I expect the Sox to make a serious run at Sherrill. If all it costs is Fields and Poreda I think the Sox ultimately make that deal.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 06:34 PM)
At this point, why would we want him? Seattle would probably ask for Alexei, Gordon, or a combo of Flowers and someone else. Fly ball pitchers in our park = not good, and it's not like we need another lefty. I bet Washburn goes to Milwaukee, which would also be a mistake as that team has no prayer of catching the Cubs/Cards.

Not saying I'd like the deal for him, just that I have always liked him.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 10:44 PM)
Looks like Freddy Sanchez is close to going to San Fran. Again, Lexi should have been shopped, as I have talked about over the last two days, Lexi with the Giants would have made a ton of sense.

I wonder if we could have gotten one of their top 2 pitching prospects.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 12:46 AM)
I would highly doubt it. However, something like Angel Villalona and maybe a lower level prospect is more realistic.

Nah, Villanova is really their only corner guy. They have a couple of mid-tier pitchers behind Alderson and Baumgarner who i could see going. They also have toolsy middle infielders in bulk.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 11:41 AM)
Let's specify here...by "Most", you mean "61%" based on the most recent data. 39% of murders in 2007 went without convictions. And probably a fair number of those were wrongful convictions, based on the overturn rate we see these days. He's got a legit shot.

i think if you have no motive, and gil grissom isnt on your case, you could get away with it quite easily

Jeff Clement likely to be dealt soon;

The Seattle Times' Geoff Baker has "little doubt" that Jeff Clement will be traded after he was pulled from Triple-A Tacoma'a game on Tuesday.

Baker also thinks that Brandon Morrow could be a part of it. If the Mariners were to move those two in the same deal, it'd suggest that they're going for broke. Clement alone could be traded for another youngster capable of helping in 2010 and beyond. The Mariners have obviously soured on the 25-year-old Clement, who has yet to hit in the majors and still isn't much of a catcher.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 04:44 AM)
Looks like Freddy Sanchez is close to going to San Fran. Again, Lexi should have been shopped, as I have talked about over the last two days, Lexi with the Giants would have made a ton of sense.

Lexi should be shopped in the offseason--depending on if the sox can get Figgins for 3b. A Lexi trade should net the sox a young SP, who the sox can plug into the rotation for 2010.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:22 AM)
Would anyone be down with Alexei, Fields and Richard for Halladay and Rios straight up?

Ricciardi laughs at your pitiful offer and counters with Alexei, Fields, Richard and the rest of the team for Halladay and Rios straight up

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)
Ricciardi laughs at your pitiful offer and counters with Alexei, Fields, Richard and the rest of the team for Halladay and Rios straight up

Negotiations break down when KW is told that Roberto Alomar is no longer in Toronto.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:26 AM)

Does adding Poreda to the deal make it somewhat more likely?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:30 AM)
Does adding Poreda to the deal make it somewhat more likely?

I think the Jays would ask for Alexei, Flowers, Richard and Poreda.

Probably more.

They're nuts. The guy isn't moving.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
Oh absolutely. If they were really intelligent, they would move him NOW. He is in the midst of his best season since 2006, and I have a very hard time believing they will be able to keep him in Tampa after next season.

Unfortunately, the price would be prohibitive for most contending teams. Tampa is going to want back a big bat and a front end arm, and the only way that happens is from a non-contending team such as the Indians. However, I suppose it would be possible to trade Tampa the prospects the Indians want, and then they move them to the Indians for VMart and Lee. All seems a bit too complicated to me...

I would offer Poreda, Richard and a PTBNL (Viciedo) for Crawford.

Tampa could take those guys and ship them off in their own mega package to Cleveland for Lee and VMart.

We could use Alexie as bait to acquire a young starting pitcher.

I'm definitley hoping KW gets creative in the next day and a half. . But i would be ecstatic if we aqcuired Crawford and a young starting pitcher.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
I would offer Poreda, Richard and a PTBNL (Viciedo) for Crawford.

Tampa could take those guys and ship them off in their own mega package to Cleveland for Lee and VMart.

We could use Alexie as bait to acquire a young starting pitcher.

I'm definitley hoping KW gets creative in the next day and a half. . But i would be ecstatic if we aqcuired Crawford and a young starting pitcher.

A young SP, someone who can throw in the 2010 rotation, would likely only be available in the offseason. And then for a major league player, not a prospect. The sox aren't going to trade a starting position player this year. I do like the idea of trading Alexei, say to the Red Sox for one/ two of their young arms.