Trade Winds Catch All

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 09:51 AM)
A young SP, someone who can throw in the 2010 rotation, would likely only be available in the offseason. And then for a major league player, not a prospect. The sox aren't going to trade a starting position player this year. I do like the idea of trading Alexei, say to the Red Sox for one/ two of their young arms.

If the Red Sox are desperate for a SS, I wonder how much more than Alexie it would take to aqcuire Clay Bucholz?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to clean up this defense mess. No one will hear me but I actually have no problem selling high on Pods if there's anything to be had.

Put Alexei at CF and work on that infield to upgrade defensively. Becks to 2b, prospects for Rolen or someone that can provide a 370 OBP at third.

Just my dreams is all. This team is so bad defensively, i'll just cringe if we get Halladay and then show we're unable to support him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 11:41 AM)
Not a bad move. They seem to have problems getting pitchers to work out, but they crank out the hitters.

possibly part of a three way deal including tampa, and vmart and washburn, or philly.

I heard Clement to Pittsburgh;

According to Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Pirates have traded Jack Wilson and Ian Snell to the Mariners for Jeff Clement and others.

The Pirates are also expected to receive Ronny Cedeno, Aaron Pribanic, Brett Lorin and Nathan Adcock.

Ahhh The Wheeling and Dealing begins. . .

*Looks like SF will pick up Freddy Sanchez.

*I'm suprised Seattle made this move being 7.5 games back.

*The Phillies did the right thing by going for the 'next option' in Cliff Lee.

*Looks like the Blue Jays aren't getting the true package they wanted after all. In fact Ricardi better sell now before the other teams in the bidding look elsewere as well.

*I still don't know what the hell KW is going to do if anything? :huh:

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 02:33 PM)
Pirates have offered Sanchez a 3 year deal to stay in Pittsburgh. If he doesn't accept, the trade to the Giants will go through.

Sanchez was actually the one who proposed the deal, but the Pirates declined it.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 11:37 AM)
I want to clean up this defense mess. No one will hear me but I actually have no problem selling high on Pods if there's anything to be had.

Put Alexei at CF and work on that infield to upgrade defensively. Becks to 2b, prospects for Rolen or someone that can provide a 370 OBP at third.

Just my dreams is all. This team is so bad defensively, i'll just cringe if we get Halladay and then show we're unable to support him.

PD, I will 100% agree with you. I can't see the current team going anywhere without good defense.

If that means trading the Cuban Missile for defensive help, so be it.

I would hold on also to key prospects such as Poreda and Hudson unless we were buying high for a multi-talented OF.

We have enough pitchers. IMHO Carlos Torres can fill a need in the rotation.

The leadoff hitter is a weird thing, because the dearth of them makes teams desperate enough to do complementary bad moves in order to make room for one.

If leaving Pods out helps the defense greatly, I would give a look to a Alexei/Beckham 1-2 punch.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 11:49 AM)
I heard Clement to Pittsburgh;

What a god awful trade by the Mariners. Snell could be alright IF he figures things out and Jack Wilson is a god awful hitter who plays good defense. Why oh why would you trade someone with Clement's offensive potential, among others, for those 2????

Makes absolutely no sense, but whatever. Make that 2 good moves by the Pirates today.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 07:22 PM)
Luke Scott's not playing tonight for Baltimore against a RHP. I wonder if something is going on there.

He's been dealing with some nagging injuries recently, so it could just be to let him rest.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 06:19 AM)
Lexi should be shopped in the offseason--depending on if the sox can get Figgins for 3b. A Lexi trade should net the sox a young SP, who the sox can plug into the rotation for 2010.

If the Sox sign Figgins, it's to play CF. Signing him to play 3B would be one of the most monumentally bad free agent signings of the free agency period, even if he was good. I don't believe in getting power players at power positions, which is why I have no problem with a guy like Carl Crawford in LF (though he would play CF for the Sox), but you don't get a guy who hits for absolutely no power at all and doesn't bring elite defense at 3B to put an .800 OPS for you when you can just as easily put him in CF, which is a much more important position while putting even a .725 OPS at 3B.

Royals Acquire Josh Anderson

By Tim Dierkes [July 30 at 11:36am CST]

According to a press release, the Royals acquired outfielder Josh Anderson from the Tigers for cash considerations. The speedster hit .242/.282/.315 with 13 steals in 15 tries for Detroit.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 11:39 AM)
Royals Acquire Josh Anderson

By Tim Dierkes [July 30 at 11:36am CST]

According to a press release, the Royals acquired outfielder Josh Anderson from the Tigers for cash considerations. The speedster hit .242/.282/.315 with 13 steals in 15 tries for Detroit.

Wow...the Tigers gave up on him REAL fast. And basically for a bag o' balls. I wonder what they saw?