Trade Winds Catch All

Chisoxfn

2:56pm: Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the Cubs and Pirates are discussing a deal that would send Grabow and Tom Gorzelanny to Chicago. No deal is in place and other teams remain interested in Grabow.

Gorzelanny is a Oak Lawn native and graduate of Marist High School, that would be cool for him

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 02:58 PM)
2:56pm: Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the Cubs and Pirates are discussing a deal that would send Grabow and Tom Gorzelanny to Chicago. No deal is in place and other teams remain interested in Grabow.

Gorzelanny is a Oak Lawn native and graduate of Marist High School, that would be cool for him

Didn't he grow up a Sox fan tho?

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
Didn't he grow up a Sox fan tho?

My wife grew up with Randy Wells in Belleville. His facebook is a stream of Cardinals fans saying they are now rooting for the Cubs for the first time in their lives. Weird.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 02:17 PM)
Gage, what do you think about a thread on SoxNet that we continuously update through tonight and tomorrow regarding Sox rumors?

I think that is a great idea. But if stuff gets bigger it might need to get split into it's own story, so to speak.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 02:19 PM)
Of course. I'll be back in a bit so you can start it if you want, otherwise I will.

Ya, lets wait till we get a nice tidbit and than we'll get it up. Worse case if you don't beat me to it, I'll get it up tonight but not until late cause I won't be around after 7 my time until about 10:30 (date night).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 04:21 PM)
Ya, lets wait till we get a nice tidbit and than we'll get it up. Worse case if you don't beat me to it, I'll get it up tonight but not until late cause I won't be around after 7 my time until about 10:30 (date night).

i suggest you play just the tip.

leave 5 dollars on a $25 meal and then run out.

Not anything real - just a thought.

I know we shouldn't be or probably are not looking to deal right now but rumblings of Dotel have been going on for sometime now.

Do you think we could net a Brandon Wood from the Angels. I wouldnt even mind kicking Fields in.

Idk if they'd offer arbitration to Dotel or not - odds could be slim but they can afford him if he accepts.

Idk just a thought as I saw something on tv about the Angels desperately seeking bullpen.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 06:53 PM)
Brandon Wood hasn't shown anything at the Major League level yet. I'm not a fan.

Wood could give you 35-40 homers from 3b-SS, that's insane. He's yet to have the chance to start at the major league level, indeed, he's hardly had the chance to consistently play for more then a week with the Angels. That kind of potential can't be ignored.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 05:53 PM)
Brandon Wood hasn't shown anything at the Major League level yet. I'm not a fan.

Very true but he has the tools and the potential and we've wasted starting spots on worse/less.

Im not saying he is - but he reminds me of Nelson Cruz in that he just may take a little while longer to put it together in the majors but he is an example of just giving the kid a shot.

I think he'd be a smart move if we can get him. Showed less so far but has always had more upside then Fields or Anderson or what we've put out there.

Idk I was just throwing it out there. I've seen both names available or linked to stuff.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 06:01 PM)
Wood could give you 35-40 homers from 3b-SS, that's insane. He's yet to have the chance to start at the major league level, indeed, he's hardly had the chance to consistently play for more then a week with the Angels. That kind of potential can't be ignored.

He did get some playing time last year when Aybar and Izturis were out for the Angels. He wasn't very good. He did show off some power, but I just don't think he can get on base consistently. In the past three years of small sample size playing times, he's never hit above .200. It is a small sample size, but I just don't see him hitting major league pitching consistently.

Edited by chw42

Red Sox looking to be busy if all these are true

Adrian Gonzalez Rumors: Friday

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 31 at 6:45am CST]

6:45am: Mark Feinsand and Bill Madden of the New York Daily News say the Red Sox are in "full pursuit" of Gonzalez, and believe Boston could get Heath Bell too if they're willing to include pitcher Daniel Bard.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 08:30 AM)
His home park is the worst in the majors for hitting, I am sure Fenway wont be a problem

He loves to drive the ball the other way. Most of his home runs are left of centerfield.

And if pulls the ball, well, Fenway park is probably the worst place to be for a left handed home run hitter.