Fantasy Trade: Roy Halladay

Dam8610

Okay, don't flame me for this, this is not a rumor, this is not something I think will happen (so please spare me the "get off the XBox" comments), this is something I'm looking for advice on. If offered this deal, would you take it (assuming financial constraints were not a concern)?

Toronto gets:

LHSP Aaron Poreda

LHSP Clayton Richard

3B Dayan Viciedo

RHSP Dexter Carter

1B Lars Anderson (from Boston)

Chicago gets:

SP Roy Halladay

3B Mike Lowell (would move to 1B)

RF Alex Rios

3B Scott Rolen

Boston gets:

1B Paul Konerko

OF Tyler Kuhn

Edited by Dam8610

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 10:41 AM)
Okay, don't flame me for this, this is not a rumor, this is not something I think will happen (so please spare me the "get off the XBox" comments), this is something I'm looking for advice on. If offered this deal, would you take it (assuming financial constraints were not a concern)?

Toronto gets:

LHSP Aaron Poreda

LHSP Clayton Richard

3B Dayan Viciedo

RHSP Dexter Carter

Chicago gets:

SP Roy Halladay

RF Alex Rios

3B Scott Rolen

Boston gets:

1B Paul Konerko

OF Tyler Kuhn

Boston just traded for LaRoche and Lowell might be out for the season. The Sox are also taking on an insane amount of payroll so I'd hope they'd be getting 40M in cash or so.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 11:43 AM)
Boston just traded for LaRoche and Lowell might be out for the season. The Sox are also taking on an insane amount of payroll so I'd hope they'd be getting 40M in cash or so.

See, I knew Lowell was on the DL, but I also did a little bit of research before posting this and found an article dated just a week ago that said he could return to Boston's lineup soon. Should I take that to be false then?

EDIT: Also, in this scenario, Boston does not have LaRoche, and financial constraints are not a concern, so the insane amount of payroll doesn't really matter.

Edited by Dam8610

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 12:41 PM)

Toronto gets:

LHSP Aaron Poreda

LHSP Clayton Richard

3B Dayan Viciedo

RHSP Dexter Carter

Chicago gets:

SP Roy Halladay

RF Alex Rios

3B Scott Rolen

Boston gets:

1B Paul Konerko

OF Tyler Kuhn

so wed get an ace, a starting 3b, starting 1b and cf, (all have been all stars) and wed only be giving up that? lol

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 12:41 PM)

Toronto gets:

LHSP Aaron Poreda

LHSP Clayton Richard

3B Dayan Viciedo

RHSP Dexter Carter

Chicago gets:

SP Roy Halladay

RF Alex Rios

3B Scott Rolen

Boston gets:

1B Paul Konerko

OF Tyler Kuhn

Outside of us in Chicago - Konerko has minimal respect.

Boston gets totally hosed in the deal and somehow we end up with a ridiculous amount.

First - I know the Jays are desperate to move salary but they don't need to move all of it.

Secondly - we couldnt afford all of that.

Thirdly - they wouldn't even take that package for Halladay. Including the random Lars Anderson addition. So to add rios and rolen. Doubt it - dumping salary or not.

Fourth - We couldnt get Anderson from them for Konerko + something.

Fifth - Lowell would be a silly addition to the Sox to play first because there is no reason to remove Pods from the lineup. He has played very well for us. Which would mean you would be moving Dye to first I'd presume and Quentin or Rios to RF.

Lots of wholes in the idea. I'm not flaming you. Just way too lopsided for us. Toronto gives up waaay too much without getting enough in return - even if they are dumping money. Boston gets next to nothing. Although - Kong in their park would be fun but no one thinks he is worth what we do. If they did - we would've had Ervin + Kendrick + Figgins or whatever rumors always swirled with him.

Edited by Pumpkin Escobar

If money isn't a factor than the Sox are basically getting all stars for each prospect dealt. Boston gets totally screwed giving up Lars and Lowell for PK.

If money was a factor than Toronto would be doing incredibly well as they'd get Halladay and Rios contract off there books and get a lot of talent and I mean a lot. Chicago would be doing the worse because they'd be taking on a lot of contracts.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 12:05 PM)
If money isn't a factor than the Sox are basically getting all stars for each prospect dealt. Boston gets totally screwed giving up Lars and Lowell for PK.

If money was a factor than Toronto would be doing incredibly well as they'd get Halladay and Rios contract off there books and get a lot of talent and I mean a lot. Chicago would be doing the worse because they'd be taking on a lot of contracts.

So basically this deal is great and I should jump at it if I get the chance? I have the lead offer for Halladay before the addition of Anderson, they're looking for power hitting corner IFs, and they want to dump Rolen. Boston came to me with the offer of Anderson and Lowell for Konerko and Kuhn.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)
I didn't know Ricciardi was a Soxtalk member.

What's that mean? In case you haven't figured it out, this is in a game where each person controls a team and can trade players as they see fit.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 12:16 PM)
In case you haven't figured it out, this is a thread about actual baseball trade discussion not personal X-Box leagues.

It's not an XBox league, but if you don't like it, ignore it. I happen to respect the opinions of quite a few people here, and I wanted an outside opinion on it.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 01:20 PM)
It's not an XBox league, but if you don't like it, ignore it. I happen to respect the opinions of quite a few people here, and I wanted an outside opinion on it.

Fair enough. No harm, no foul.

Okay, I've split out the thread. I called it fantasy because this is much more like a Fantasy Sports Trade than a real trade and I want real trade discussion in our thread. Once you see this Dam, let me know, and I'll move it over to the Fantasy Forums where people can continue to discuss it there :)

QUOTE (Pumpkin Escobar @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 12:57 PM)
Outside of us in Chicago - all White Sox players have minimal respect.

Boston gets totally hosed in the deal and somehow we end up with a ridiculous amount.

First - I know the Jays are desperate to move salary but they don't need to move all of it.

Secondly - we couldnt afford all of that.

Thirdly - they wouldn't even take that package for Halladay. Including the random Lars Anderson addition. So to add rios and rolen. Doubt it - dumping salary or not.

Fourth - We couldnt get Anderson from them for Konerko + something.

Fifth - Lowell would be a silly addition to the Sox to play first because there is no reason to remove Pods from the lineup. He has played very well for us. Which would mean you would be moving Dye to first I'd presume and Quentin or Rios to RF.

Lots of wholes in the idea. I'm not flaming you. Just way too lopsided for us. Toronto gives up waaay too much without getting enough in return - even if they are dumping money. Boston gets next to nothing. Although - Kong in their park would be fun but no one thinks he is worth what we do. If they did - we would've had Ervin + Kendrick + Figgins or whatever rumors always swirled with him.

Fixed.

Edited by CanOfCorn

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 12:31 PM)
Okay, I've split out the thread. I called it fantasy because this is much more like a Fantasy Sports Trade than a real trade and I want real trade discussion in our thread. Once you see this Dam, let me know, and I'll move it over to the Fantasy Forums where people can continue to discuss it there :)

Okay, I was just trying to create less clutter by going to an existing thread for my purpose.