Rays vs Sox 7:11CST Start Shields vs Torres - Passion of the Carlos II

jasonxctf

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 08:28 PM)
Might be time to get the pen up. Torres has been up in the zone with a lot the last 2 innings, and it would be nice to get him out with a good start under his belt.

We have nothing to lose with the way the bullpen has been going. Let him stretch it out as much as he can. Have them ready, but no reason to pull him yet.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 08:30 PM)
We have nothing to lose with the way the bullpen has been going. Let him stretch it out as much as he can. Have them ready, but no reason to pull him yet.

Well then...

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 01:30 AM)

Got to get him out now. Everything continues to be up in the zone. Good effort by him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 08:35 PM)
Agreed...did he give up both homers on the same cutter?

No. Burrell's homer was just an inside fastball that wasn't inside enough. Gross' HR was on a cutter that didn't cut enough.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 08:35 PM)
I don't know how anyone could possibly complain about this outing from Torres in his debut. When's the last time we got a Q.S. from a guy making his ML Debut?

Exactly. I wish we had him in 2003 and 2004...

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 01:36 AM)
No. Burrell's homer was just an inside fastball that wasn't inside enough. Gross' HR was on a cutter that didn't cut enough.

I really liked his curve, and think he should use it a little more.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 08:35 PM)
I don't know how anyone could possibly complain about this outing from Torres in his debut. When's the last time we got a Q.S. from a guy making his ML Debut?

Ed Walsh?