Rays vs Sox 7:11CST Start Shields vs Torres - Passion of the Carlos II

jasonxctf

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)
I really liked his curve, and think he should use it a little more.

He didn't quite have it tonight though. It was very inconsistent. Threw some good ones, but also left a ton high or out of the zone. The one thing he didn't do is throw any cookies.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 02:38 AM)
It really was an impressive outing by Torres. Hopefully they keep the kid in mind if Colon can't throw anything but a mediocre fastball.

Yep, I'd rather watch Torres try and develop into a 5th starter/swing man instead of watching Colon throw fastball after fastball with a rather mediocre attitude.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)
Torres is a guy to watch. Could have a nice little career with us.

I still thought he coulda been brought up instead of trading Brandon Allen for Tony Pena, but hopefully Pena can harnish his stuff.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 02:38 AM)
Torres is a guy to watch. Could have a nice little career with us.

Just like with Ben Francisco going to a Pac-10 school, I would have never guessed that Torres went to Kansas St

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 08:40 PM)
Does Alexei ever go the other way?

The first time I saw him go the other way as a plan was Monday night. Hence another reason an all fields gap machine who makes contact like crazy might be a nice change for the 2 hole.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 08:40 PM)
When Freddie's ready we have 4 #5's + CR, Torres, Bartolo . Might have a different looking bullpen by the trade dealine. Nice HR Pods.

its freddy :angry: ....lol :)

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 08:41 PM)
The first time I saw him go the other way as a plan was Monday night. Hence another reason an all fields gap machine who makes contact like crazy might be a nice change for the 2 hole.

I do remembering him hitting and running one with Pods through the hole a while ago.