Oakland beats Minnesota again.

prochisox

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 06:03 PM)
looks like Matt Holliday is doing Beane a favor and getting hot leading up to the deadline

Read numerous things about Oakland is fine with getting the draft picks for Holliday and are not urgent to trade him.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 06:23 PM)
For next year we should sign Holliday for RF, stick Dye at DH. Then we have Getz, AJ and Pods still as lefties

I would be down for that.

If Dye is brought back as DH I would like the Sox to work him out at 1b in ST, it would be good for rests and nagging injuries to have a DH that could play OF and 1b. I love Thome, but sometimes it hurts that he can only DH

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 05:23 PM)
For next year we should sign Holliday for RF, stick Dye at DH. Then we have Getz, AJ and Pods still as lefties

Would you sign Holliday for the same contract we gave Konerko going into 2006?

For Torii Hunter's contract? Fukudome's?

You're going to be willing to pay your full-time DH $11-13 million again next year, like we are doing with Thome this season?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 06:23 PM)

That's maybe 20 homers from your left handed hitters, and it's possibly not even that. That's not a left-handed presence in the lineup at all.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 11:08 PM)
That's maybe 20 homers from your left handed hitters, and it's possibly not even that. That's not a left-handed presence in the lineup at all.

I'm also not down with just handing anything to Pods going into ST next year. He's been awesome so far this year, but nothing in his career says the White Sox should count on this from him next year

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 06:04 PM)
id love to get him, but one problem no?: scott boras

Boras's guys will follow the money. Make him a fair offer and see if someone beats us. We have a potential opening for a corner OF and we have a lot more money to spend next offseason than most teams not named the Yankees.

If the Yankees outbid us, fine, I promise I won't be mad.