Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 06:35 AM)
Wow, what a MAJOR letdown last night. Those games sucked.

Congrats to Boise for securing their BCS bid which is a joke. That schedule of theirs is pure garbage.

IF they go undefeated I think they started ranked high enough to maybe sneak into the National Title game with a few bounces their way..

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I created a College Football Pick'em Group on Yahoo if anyone is interested in joining. It's kind of a late notice so if anyone sees this after the games have already started tomorrow you can still join. I set it up so it drops your lowest week score.

Group ID#: 24670

Group Password: beckham

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
Blount suspended for the whole season. I'm glad this is the result, I thought he'd get off easy. Also, thanks to the kid for not coming to FSU. If that was us, it'd be breaking news on ABC, CBS, and every other station out there.

Ridiculous. I could see 3 or 4 games. But the whole year? GMAB.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 09:05 AM)
Boring game by us last night? Absolutely. But I'll take ANY W when you go on the road and play a real team (Hi2U Charleston Southern/McNeese St/etc) to open the college football season, and have 15 freshman on your 2 deep. The offense was indeed offensive, Garcia has MUCH improvement to do still. But if Russell Wilson was the best the ACC had to offer as a QB, then that conference sucks even more than I thought.

I'd blame the O-line more so than Wilson having a bad game. Carolina's d-line dominated that game. I dont know why both teams just didnt blitz every play, neither line could pick up a player if more than 4 guys were rushing.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 04:55 PM)
I agree. I bet if he didnt go after the fans then he wouldnt have seen more than 3-4 games.

That's what I think did it too. Just for punching that BSU player, he would have gotten a few games. But, you can't go after a fan like that no matter what might have been said to him.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 07:01 PM)
That's what I think did it too. Just for punching that BSU player, he would have gotten a few games. But, you can't go after a fan like that no matter what might have been said to him.

What are you expecting tomorrow against W. Kentucky dasox? I'll be interested to see that one, and Okla St vs Georgia of course. But ABC screwed the pooch on that one. We are in a tiny sliver of South Carolina that will instead, get Baylor vs. Wake Forest.

WTF?

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 06:54 PM)
I'd blame the O-line more so than Wilson having a bad game. Carolina's d-line dominated that game. I dont know why both teams just didnt blitz every play, neither line could pick up a player if more than 4 guys were rushing.

Wilson was, by my accounts, at LEAST a step slower than at the end of last year. I'm not sure what was up, but he was run down from behind by not only our DEs, but the LBs as well.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 05:55 PM)
I agree. I bet if he didnt go after the fans then he wouldnt have seen more than 3-4 games.

Thats why I thought he should have gotten the season long ban. I also think Oregon is a little sick of him too with the whole being suspended all of spring. He seems like a guy that would quit the team now that he has nothing to play for. However, he'll probably stick around trying to work his way into the NFL if he has any takers.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 08:47 PM)
Wilson was, by my accounts, at LEAST a step slower than at the end of last year. I'm not sure what was up, but he was run down from behind by not only our DEs, but the LBs as well.

Yeah he was. He had a knee brace on so maybe something was up with that.

Did you check ESPN or ESPN2 for the UGA/OSU game? I know they put alternate regional games on those channels.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 10:08 PM)
Yeah he was. He had a knee brace on so maybe something was up with that.

Did you check ESPN or ESPN2 for the UGA/OSU game? I know they put alternate regional games on those channels.

ABC has Baylor vs. Wake Forest

ESPN2 has W, Michigan vs. Michigan

So silly that we don't get to see a game for a team that is 45 minutes away max from us in Athens...

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 07:36 PM)
He seems like a guy that would quit the team now that he has nothing to play for.

I also thought that until I saw he was being kept on scholarship. Why would he quit and have to PAY for school? Plus this way, he can still practice and what not so he can possibly salvage a shot at the NFL. Either way, how much work could he possibly get in practice now that he is worthless to them?

As a ducks fan im glad he got the suspension, im also excited they let him keep his scholarship to get an education. As far has how much of a look he will get during practice i bet plenty for the practice squad.

QUOTE (T R U @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 07:16 PM)
I also thought that until I saw he was being kept on scholarship. Why would he quit and have to PAY for school? Plus this way, he can still practice and what not so he can possibly salvage a shot at the NFL. Either way, how much work could he possibly get in practice now that he is worthless to them?

QUOTE (T R U @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
IF they go undefeated I think they started ranked high enough to maybe sneak into the National Title game with a few bounces their way..

You're right, but that really shouldn't be the case. As much fun as it can be to root for these "mid-majors" Boise doesn't deserve to be anywhere in that conversation.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
Blount suspended for the whole season. I'm glad this is the result, I thought he'd get off easy. Also, thanks to the kid for not coming to FSU. If that was us, it'd be breaking news on ABC, CBS, and every other station out there.

It's a little harsh IMO. My thing is that the fans can say whatever and the player is supposed to take it. Granted, he should take it and not listen, but still the fans don't get in any trouble for being complete a-holes.

Punishment aside, that was a damn good punch. Athletes usually look awful in fights.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 02:14 AM)
You're right, but that really shouldn't be the case. As much fun as it can be to root for these "mid-majors" Boise doesn't deserve to be anywhere in that conversation.

It's a little harsh IMO. My thing is that the fans can say whatever and the player is supposed to take it. Granted, he should take it and not listen, but still the fans don't get in any trouble for being complete a-holes.

Punishment aside, that was a damn good punch. Athletes usually look awful in fights.

Oh believe me, I don't wanna see Boise State get demolished by Oklahoma or Florida but starting at #14 and beating #16 this early, they go undefeated and they might be right there at the end.

I thought it was a pretty sweet punch too and at first it looked like he knocked that dude out cold. When they showed more of it, he pretty much got right back up and didn't look glass eyed. Either way, he deserved it. There is nothing more angering than someone taunting/talking s*** after you just lost. Especially when you touch him, THEN run your mouth you are asking to get knocked out.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 06:42 PM)
What are you expecting tomorrow against W. Kentucky dasox? I'll be interested to see that one, and Okla St vs Georgia of course. But ABC screwed the pooch on that one. We are in a tiny sliver of South Carolina that will instead, get Baylor vs. Wake Forest.

WTF?

Honestly, I expect to put up at least 35+ on WKU while holding them to no more than a fluke TD or something. I could see a final of, like, 38-10. But more importantly, I'm just excited to see how a lot of our freshman play since we have so many in the 2-deep.

Oh, and it's Game Day! :headbang

If Illinois doesn't beat Missouri today, they never will. In order to be successful, I think Illinois needs to run the ball more and from what I've heard that's the plan this year. I know they have arguably the best receiving corps in the nation but they still need to establish the run to open things up for the pass.

And for anyone who missed it before here's the Soxtalk College Football Pick'em info. We're dropping each person's lowest week score so if you see this after the games have started today you can still join.

Group ID#: 24670

Group Password: beckham

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college

We need more players!

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 5, 2009 -> 07:52 AM)
Honestly, I expect to put up at least 35+ on WKU while holding them to no more than a fluke TD or something. I could see a final of, like, 38-10. But more importantly, I'm just excited to see how a lot of our freshman play since we have so many in the 2-deep.

Oh, and it's Game Day! :headbang

I'm thinking 31-7.

A lot of opinions have been tossed about regarding Blount suspension, but I don't think anyone knows the whole story. When an athlete is suspended in this kind of situation, rarely is just the incident at hand considered. I'm sure Chip Kelly factored in past behaviors as well. He' d be stupid not to. I've heard Blount has been in trouble before and also had a habit of skipping classes. No clue if all that is true. If it is, then the length of the suspension is certainly merited.

My best guess. He stays on the team until he skips a few classes and then goes away quietly. One piece of advice: Don't punch somebody when there is a camera right there in your face. Not smart!