Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
Michigan had a kickoff return TD but Notre Dame is now in the red zone. 14-3 for now. This looks to be a high scoring game.

ND really looking like the better team. Now 17-14 ND and moving the ball up and down the field with ease.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 03:18 PM)
And UNC gets lucky in Connecticut, 12-10.

The Americas Cupcake Conference may be the worst "major" football conference this year that we've seen in a LONG LONG time.

I don't even think the ACC is the worst BCS conference this year, I still think the Big East is worse. The Big 10 might be even worse this year than it has been in it's recent down years, btw (although it's better than those two leagues). And wow, Iowa State is bad.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 05:18 PM)
I hate how afraid U of I is to play ISU. They wouldn't have played us in football 3-4 years ago when we would have beat them and they won't play us in basketball the last 2-3 years because we would beat them.

Can't you just enjoy your own school rather than be massively jealous of Illinois and have a complex akin to that of a scorned sorority girl? And Illinois State's basketball program still isn't very good, beating up on cupcakes and losing to real teams last year didn't change that.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
Big 12 is currently being absolutely owned btw. Houston beating Ok St. 24-7 and Wyoming is beating Texas 10-6 both almost at halftime. Both probably come back to win but wow is that pathetic.

The Pac 10 might have a shot at 2nd best league in the country this year.

We just give up too many big plays. I like Forcier as a frosh. By the time is an upperclassmen, he should be VERY good.

It's close at half and we get ball first, so we'll see what adjustments we can make.

Don't mean to say "we", but live with it. =P

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
We just give up too many big plays. I like Forcier as a frosh. By the time is an upperclassmen, he should be VERY good.

It's close at half and we get ball first, so we'll see what adjustments we can make.

Did you go to Michigan? It's ok to say "we" if it's actually your school.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 04:09 PM)
The WWL and other media outlets claim the SEC is 10 times better than every other league in college football on a yearly basis, but in 2009, they might actually have a case.

It isn't like the SEC has looked great so far. Georgia lost pretty big to Ok St. and LSU struggled with a Washington team that didn't win a game last year.

Cut the lead in half to end it. I didn't think that field goal was good at first.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
Did you go to Michigan? It's ok to say "we" if it's actually your school.

I don't mind the whole "we" thing if it's your own state either. The whole "we" thing annoys me, even though I seem to do it with the Sox when talking on there.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 04:14 PM)
It isn't like the SEC has looked great so far. Georgia lost pretty big to Ok St. and LSU struggled with a Washington team that didn't win a game last year.

Yeah but that's really stretching it IMO, and even in Georgia's case, they held what should be a high powered offense down pretty well. They just struggled on offense, and everybody knew they would with what they lost. LSU still won a road game, and it was a road game that didn't end until after 1 AM on their body clocks against a team fired up with a new coach.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

They need to find a way to get some pressure on Clausen. He is sitting back there with all day to throw and just throwing jump balls to Floyd who will go up and get it every time. That guy is unreal, might be the best WR in the country.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 12:44 PM)
I'm not seeing this superior offense Iowa State has compared to Northern Iowa yet. I hope Heads is right and it changes in the 2nd half.

That is one of the most painful games I've been to.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 11:18 PM)
Michigan looking leaps and bounds better here in the 2nd half. ND on the ropes big time.

It's pretty obvious how to stop ND. Take away the deep throw, and you have a great chance at stopping their offense. It's been that way since the day Weis showed up on campus.