Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 09:26 PM)
12-0 Mizzou going to the 4th, Nebraska outscores them 27-0 in the 4th. It's been a while since i've seen a game take such an incredibly drastic turn in the final stanza.

I was flipping between the Angel game and the Nebraska game and I flipp back and I'm like, what the f*** happened. At that point it was 20-12.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over slept this morning so had to skip the gym. Watching Big ten Network pregame shows for the first time. Wow, they are compiling a nice roster of sideline hotties. Didn't catch the name of the brunette at the Illinois game, but dayum!

Her name is Rebecca Haarlow.

Edited by Brian

Zook is the perfect 3 year coach.

He'll take an average team to a good team in 2 years because he can recruit. Then when those Soph/JRs need more coaching to turned into really good players they will revert back to average because Zook can coach at all.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 08:08 AM)
and sweet. Sounds like a sundae

So angry about that game. The weather made it a totally different game. It was so harsh to be in that, but when Mizzou was owning Nebraska's offense it was great. Such a horrible way to play football. Hard to evaluate either team from that.

Tennessee game was fantastic today. I haven't seen Neyland rocking like that since '07. The defense was fantastic. Georgia's offense scored 3 points. The rest of their points came from a blocked punt safety, a kick return for a TD, and an INT return for a TD. Big props to Crompton today for finally playing like a real SEC QB. Over 300 yards and 4 TDs? Yes!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 12:39 PM)
I expect a nice ass whippin' by Indiana next week. That should be the final nail in Zook's coffin. This has become a despicable program.

They're going to have their work cut out for them if they want to lose to the IU team that got spanked today.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 10:28 PM)
Denard Robinson can't lead this team downfield in a 1:30. Gotta put Tate back out there.

Damnit! We had two guys open and Robinson throws it to a black jersey. Totally winnable game and Michigan beat themselves.

No offense Gage, but Iowa is not that good. This was the only time I have seen them so maybe they are better than how they played today.

I have to agree with you Brian, you can't take away a 6-0 record from Iowa or the fact they have won all their games, but I think it's more a statement as to how absolutely horrible the Big 10 is than anything else. They played well at Iowa State (who has been better than I though they'd be, even if they are still mediocre), they did beat a Arizona team that will be in a decent to good bowl game by 10, and they took advantage of Penn State as they always do, but a miracle to beat a 1-AA team, winning by 3 over Arkansas State, and needing 5 turnovers to narrowly clip Michigan in Iowa City isn't exactly impressive. Even watching the Wisconsin at Ohio State game (I don't want to seem like I'm just picking on Iowa here), those are two of the upper echelon Big 10 teams right now and neither of them were exactly overwhelming today either (Wisconsin basically handed Ohio State and their crappy offense a win with horrific interceptions and special teams). There isn't a single Big 10 team I would consider impressive or dangerous right now, the league is a complete crapshoot. Ohio State will probably win the league though since they always seem to, get to play Iowa at home, and own Michigan, although the road game in Penn State will be tough. Then they'll lose their BCS Bowl and the league will be right back to square 1.

Also, LSU was exposed tonight. Florida went into Death Valley at night, just played a field position and defense game, and still dominated and won easily. It's pretty clear that the Alabama/Florida winner in Atlanta will be in the title game again (although I think that team will be Alabama this time).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

That sucks Michigan had 5 turnovers, but only lost by 2. It's a young team that should be better next year, and the year after. Seeing every game Iowa has played so far, they are a very solid team, but I'm not overly impressed with them. They seem to play at the level of their opponent. This shouldn't have been a 2 point game after forcing 5 turnovers (granted the last turnover was to end the game.) They were awesome against Penn State but they barely beat Northern Iowa and Arkansas State. That being said, they still win games while not playing their best football. They need to improve their consistancy.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 10:49 PM)
That sucks Michigan had 5 turnovers, but only lost by 2. It's a young team that should be better next year, and the year after. Seeing every game Iowa has played so far, they are a very solid team, but I'm not overly impressed with them. They seem to play at the level of their opponent. This shouldn't have been a 2 point game after forcing 5 turnovers (granted the last turnover was to end the game.) They were awesome against Penn State but they barely beat Northern Iowa and Arkansas State. That being said, they still win games while not playing their best football. They need to improve their consistancy.

Iowa was helped by the elements in each of their last two wins over Penn State. That doesn't make the wins any less relevant since both teams were playing in it and because Iowa has owned Penn State for years now, but in both cases, crappy weather really turned the game to Iowa's style as they are built to win in the crappy conditions. The question I have is why the hell was Denard Robinson in the game on that last drive?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 10:55 PM)
Iowa was helped by the elements in each of their last two wins over Penn State. That doesn't make the wins any less relevant since both teams were playing in it and because Iowa has owned Penn State for years now, but in both cases, crappy weather really turned the game to Iowa's style as they are built to win in the crappy conditions. The question I have is why the hell was Denard Robinson in the game on that last drive?

Exactly. He is a QB you can put in if you need a long drawn out drive, but not when you need to go 80 yards in 90 secs. I knew how it would end.

Forcier had a bad game, but he is also the QB that has continously led your team down field to win or tie games. They didn't even need to get in the end zone, just FG range.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 10:43 PM)
I have to agree with you Brian, you can't take away a 6-0 record from Iowa or the fact they have won all their games, but I think it's more a statement as to how absolutely horrible the Big 10 is than anything else. They played well at Iowa State (who has been better than I though they'd be, even if they are still mediocre), and they took advantage of Penn State as they always do, but a miracle to beat a 1-AA team, winning by 3 over Arkansas State, and needing 5 turnovers to narrowly clip Michigan in Iowa City isn't exactly impressive. Even watching the Wisconsin at Ohio State game (I don't want to seem like I'm just picking on Iowa here), those are two of the upper echelon Big 10 teams right now and neither of them were exactly overwhelming today either (Wisconsin basically handed Ohio State and their crappy offense a win with horrific defense and special teams). There isn't a single Big 10 team I would consider impressive or dangerous right now, the league is a complete crapshoot. Ohio State will probably win the league though since they always seem to, get to play Iowa at home, and own Michigan, although the road game in Penn State will be tough. Then they'll lose their BCS Bowl and the league will be right back to square 1.

Also, LSU was exposed tonight. Florida went into Death Valley at night, just played a field position and defense game, and still dominated and won easily. It's pretty clear that the Alabama/Florida winner in Atlanta will be in the title game again (although I think that team will be Alabama this time).

You say you saw the OSU v Wisco game, but you made a very innaccurate statement. Wisconsin's special teams and defense were pretty good for the short time they were on the field. The kickoff team did give up a td, but their punt team was outstanding. What was the difference was the OSU defense, I still think Tolzien is looking for the license plate number of the truck that hit him. He was sacked 6 times which could have easily been double digits. As for the BCS talk, OSU has shwon they can beats USC as it took them an entire game to move the ball once, so if they had them, there's a chance they don't lose that bowl. There is a ton of great YOUNG talent in the B10 and I think its on the way back up. Look at the underclassmen QBs that are leading these teams, Tate Forcier looks like Troy Smith, but as a junior.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 11:17 PM)
You say you saw the OSU v Wisco game, but you made a very innaccurate statement. Wisconsin's special teams and defense were pretty good for the short time they were on the field. The kickoff team did give up a td, but their punt team was outstanding. What was the difference was the OSU defense, I still think Tolzien is looking for the license plate number of the truck that hit him. He was sacked 6 times which could have easily been double digits. As for the BCS talk, OSU has shwon they can beats USC as it took them an entire game to move the ball once, so if they had them, there's a chance they don't lose that bowl. There is a ton of great YOUNG talent in the B10 and I think its on the way back up. Look at the underclassmen QBs that are leading these teams, Tate Forcier looks like Troy Smith, but as a junior.

Ahh I see, I put horrific defense on accident when I meant interceptions. My bad, because they actually were very good, and Wisconsin had the ball for like 42 minutes (never seen a team have the ball that long and not only lose, but lose by 18). I refuse to say a unit that missed two field goals (although one was like a 57 yarder, so really one field goal) and allowed a 96 yard kickoff touchdown played well though. And we'll see about the young talent in the Big 10 and being on it's way up. I suppose that's possible, but as for 2009, it's as bad as it's ever been.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 10:36 AM)
Over slept this morning so had to skip the gym. Watching Big ten Network pregame shows for the first time. Wow, they are compiling a nice roster of sideline hotties. Didn't catch the name of the brunette at the Illinois game, but dayum!

Her name is Rebecca Haarlow.

Melanie Collins is the queen bee of that group. In fact, she's the hottest woman working in sports I have ever seen.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 02:20 AM)
lol@ Iowa fans for rushing the field after they beat Michigan. Come on fans, your team is ranked in the top 15 and you were 8 point favorites. Plus Michigan isnt even ranked! What a joke.

they are iowa fans, you expected better???