Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If ND beats USC today, is Jimmy Clausen the front runner for the Heisman? I know the nation and sports media has a massive boner for Tebow, but the stats arent even close. ND would be much higher ranked if it werent for their bad defense.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 02:25 PM)
Its all on the coaching staff and the QB coach who has ZERO experience developing QB's when the #1 recruit in the country was better as a freshman.

I agree. Pryor might not be the greatest passer but he should be progressing given his athletic abilities. He's really at a standstill development wise.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 01:39 PM)
I agree. Pryor might not be the greatest passer but he should be progressing given his athletic abilities. He's really at a standstill development wise.

The same can be said about Juice Williams, although not as talented as Pryor he has regressed big time this season.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 02:41 PM)
The same can be said about Juice Williams, although not as talented as Pryor he has regressed big time this season.

I was going to make that comparision. 2 years ago when Juice beat Ohio St, everyone was raving about him. Then because of bad coaching he doesnt progress and starts to regress.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 01:41 PM)

And really if you want to know why the Big 10 sucks so bad just look at the QB play across the conference, it is freaking pathetic. Not a single guy with an NFL future. I don't understand how that happens.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 01:25 PM)
Its all on the coaching staff and the QB coach who has ZERO experience developing QB's when the #1 recruit in the country was better as a freshman.

What do you think about the FG there? I was thinking a for sure go for it situation.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 01:43 PM)
And really if you want to know why the Big 10 sucks so bad just look at the QB play across the conference, it is freaking pathetic. Not a single guy with an NFL future. I don't understand how that happens.

LOL, how can you even say that? There are so many underclassmen playing QB in the conference it would be moronic to say that at this point. Do you know how many NFL QB's dont develop until even their senior year?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 01:44 PM)
What do you think about the FG there? I was thinking a for sure go for it situation.

Terrible, just like the play calling in the red zone. 5 TO's and 2 scores called back are going to kill you every time, mix in the terrible play calling, the horrendous play by the QB and WR positions and I would take OSU out of the top 20.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 01:51 PM)
LOL, how can you even say that? There are so many underclassmen playing QB in the conference it would be moronic to say that at this point. Do you know how many NFL QB's dont develop until even their senior year?

Because I watch them play. The QBs in this conference suck. I should make clear that I meant that no one will be worth a damn in the NFL but I'm sure a couple of guys will stick in the league as 2nd or 3rd string QBs considering how awful 3rd string QBs in the NFL can be.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 01:55 PM)
Because I watch them play. The QBs in this conference suck. I should make clear that I meant that no one will be worth a damn in the NFL but I'm sure a couple of guys will stick in the league as 2nd or 3rd string QBs considering how awful 3rd string QBs in the NFL can be.

Do you realize how ridiculous of a statement that is? How many NFL starting QB's did you accurately predict would be starters when they were underclassmen? I am sure you took a look at Jay Cutler and said, wow THAT guy is going to be worth a damn, that Joe Flacco is THE man. Come on, its extremely hard to predict NFL success at the QB position, especially based on college performance.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 02:01 PM)
Do you realize how ridiculous of a statement that is? How many NFL starting QB's did you accurately predict would be starters when they were underclassmen? I am sure you took a look at Jay Cutler and said, wow THAT guy is going to be worth a damn, that Joe Flacco is THE man. Come on, its extremely hard to predict NFL success at the QB position, especially based on college performance.

There are 3 underclassmen in the Big 10 playing QB - Tate Forcier, Pryor and Kirk Cousins. Forcier is going to be a really good maybe even great college QB but he doesn't have the size to play QB in the NFL (unless he becomes Doug Flutie II). Pryor almost certainly will never have the accuracy to be successful in the NFL (see Vince Young). Cousins just isn't any good and doesn't have a great arm. Out of the upperclassmen in the Big 10 - Elliott, Clark, Juice, Kafka, and Chappell just clearly don't have what it takes. Tolzien and Weber are mediocre at best and don't show great accuracy or great arm strength. Stanzi is a pretty good college QB and will play in the NFL but a success in the NFL, not going to happen.

Cutler started all 4 years at Vanderbilt and outside of his freshman year put up good numbers and he also could make throws that very very few QBs can make. There is no one in the Big 10 like that (that is currently starting anyways).

How fitting for the game to end on a flag. The called back fumble and the phantom hold loom large as Pryor decided to get his head out of his ass in the last 7 min. Terrible embarrassing loss for you Tressel. Maybe you'll finally give up play calling.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)
Stanzi is a pretty good college QB and will play in the NFL but a success in the NFL, not going to happen.

Stanzi? Really? Iowa's success is almost entirely because they have a ridiculous defense. Stanzi as a pro? Yeesh.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 02:27 PM)
Stanzi? Really? Iowa's success is almost entirely because they have a ridiculous defense. Stanzi as a pro? Yeesh.

As a backup probably. That is why I am so certain that no Big 10 QB will have success in the NFL. They basically suck across the board.