Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Arkansas-Florida game has been great. ARK should be up 14-3 right now, but Mallet overthrew an open WR in the endzone, so they settled on a FG. I would feel much better with that than 10-3, but I guess I'll take what I can get. Woo Pig Suey!

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 11:09 PM)
So just so I'm clear, get a sack flex your muscles -15 yard penalty. Make a great catch flex your muscles, no penalty.

Yep, it's amazing that Tate doesn't get 10 personal fouls every game. However, #93 on USC is an idiot for getting that penalty, as USC had all the momentum in the world.

BTW, the non-call on a late hit to McKnight in the first half is one of the worst calls you'll see. He was out of bounds for a good 10 yards and then got hit late.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 05:12 PM)
Yep, it's amazing that Tate doesn't get 10 personal fouls every game. However, #93 on USC is an idiot for getting that penalty, as USC had all the momentum in the world.

BTW, the non-call on a late hit to McKnight in the first half is one of the worst calls you'll see. He was out of bounds for a good 10 yards and then got hit late.

Honestly I'm all for just getting rid of excessive celebration as a penalty. How about we just use common sense, you use props, do an extended dance, etc. penalty. It really isn't that difficult to determine what is excessive and what isn't.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 05:12 PM)

Just like Tebow is allowed to celebrate as much as he wants and do whatever he wants after making a good play and never get penalized for it.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 05:18 PM)
I can't keep up with all the games right now. I'm enjoying Nebraska's 300 straight sell out fans boo their team mercilessly. There is no place for booing your own team. That's awful.

They should be cheering now, they just got a gift from the refs.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 05:37 PM)
Another gift on the personal foul.

That was terrible officiating on back-to-back plays that led to a TD.

Bad pass interference call and then easily one of the worst personal foul calls ever. They basically rewarded the Florida player for trying to get a cheap shot and then getting blown up. Pathetic.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
Bad pass interference call and then easily one of the worst personal foul calls ever. They basically rewarded the Florida player for trying to get a cheap shot and then getting blown up. Pathetic.

Exactly! It was such bulls***. The Florida o-lineman tries to hit the arkansas guy 20 yards away and gets leveled himself instead, and the Arkansas guy gets the penalty???? What else was he supposed to do? Let himself get lit up by the Florida offensive lineman?

But of course, Florida gets those calls cause they're Florida. Btw, I do love how Gary Danielson called out the refs for never calling Tebow on a celebration penalty even though he does it every time he gains 2 f***ing yards. Starts flexing his muscles and yelling like a b****. Y'all can love Tebow as much as you want, but he's a douche.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 05:47 PM)
Arkansas kicker blows. Way to probably lose your team the game.

Yeah, he's gotta make those. But, it wouldn't have mattered if Mallet hadn't already missed 2 open WR's in the endzone today. Oh, and if the refs treated Florida the same as any other team. Not saying they wouldn't have gotten the TD last drive, but it would have made it a lot harder for them to.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 05:50 PM)
Yeah, he's gotta make those. But, it wouldn't have mattered if Mallet hadn't already missed 2 open WR's in the endzone today. Oh, and if the refs treated Florida the same as any other team. Not saying they wouldn't have gotten the TD last drive, but it would have made it a lot harder for them to.

I would go as far as to say the refs basically cheated for Florida.