Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 07:02 AM)
I take it that you've never heard of Dayne Crist?

Yep, just like I've heard of the highly regarded recruits all over the field for Notre Dame. Hasn't helped Charlie Weis all that much for five years, and I can't imagine that is going to change overnight.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 01:38 PM)

You can't imagine what the atmosphere is like being over here. I live ten minutes away from the SU (where Howard was killed), i was at the Union not two hours before, my roomate was at that party. We're in shock, it's really hard to grasp that a kid was murdered here. The Kid was a great player, and in my estimation, here at a school, there's nothing that a man can do, a man can say, that warrants having a knife put into him. RIP. Jasper Howard.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 11:45 AM)
Here is your most completely random, this means nothing post of the day:

I coached Joey Elliott in fall baseball when he was 10 or 11.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.....

Thats crazy. Congrats on your weight loss BTW, I am super impressed. I dont think I ever saw that stat below.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 09:39 AM)
ND still has to play BC, Pittsburgh, UConn, and Stanford. I expect them to lose 1, maybe 2, of those games. If they lose 2 of them, Charlie is going to be sent packing. HE GONE

Well I expect them to win all of those games and even if they lose 1 its kind of hard to fire their coach after a 9-3 season, and if anyone needs to go its John Tenuta I'm sick of him, he has the players and the defense still sucks. But if Notre Dame is so lucky and the joke program you make it out to be then why did your powerhouse football program only beat us by 7 on the last play of the game?

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 04:58 PM)
Have you ever wanted to send an article to a head coach hoping that he finally figures out what his problem is?

Well if anyone has Tressel's email address:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog...rn=ncaaf,189322

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/ViewArtic...925292#football

Email someone in the department.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 19, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)

Annnnnd sent to the OC and QB coach. They prob wont read my email, but its worth a try. I just dont understand how so many people can see their errors and yet they make no changes.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 10:09 PM)
Refs from the Arkansas/Florida game suspended by the SEC. Too bad they were allowed to gift Florida a win before being suspended.

As they should be. They have now been a part of 2 poorly called games (LSU-Georgia as well the other week with the 2 unsportsmanlike penalties that shouldn't have been called). I was very glad to hear this b/c the rumor around Tennessee was that we were getting that crew for the Alabama game this weekend, and we all thought we were f***ed.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 03:21 PM)
Our conference refs are an absolute joke. Need more evidence? Don't forget this wonderful 'neutral officiating' bit.

lol, that never gets old.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
I'm worried about this weekend's game, Iowa hasn't won at Michigan State in 14 years (dating back to 1995).

I honestly think this might be the game you guys slip up. My step brother goes to Iowa, so I've been following them semi closely this year.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 03:21 PM)
Our conference refs are an absolute joke. Need more evidence? Don't forget this wonderful 'neutral officiating' bit.

I had never seen that. That looks exactly like that old Bud Lite commercial.

Heading out the door to Lincoln. Chances are we'll have our backup QB going, who, if anyone cares, is our fastest QB since Seneca Wallace. Not as good of a passer, but he's a better runner. Hopefully he gives the Huskers fits.