Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 02:14 PM)
They split, but I still thought the team that gets into the bowl gets a larger chunk of the revenue? Am I mistaken?

From what I understand all the bowl payouts are put into basically a common pot that is split equally but I do believe that the teams that go to the better bowl get a bigger budget for travel and other expenses so I guess a team could make slightly more if they stay under budget.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 26, 2009 -> 07:13 PM)
Aggies up 7-0, wasting no time. Longhorns already marching, though.

Could be a fun, high scoring game.

You called that one.

This A&M team, with all the freshmen, will be scary good the next three seasons or so.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 05:05 PM)
Horrible clock management by Auburn at the end.

It absolutely was. I don't understand how that type of stuff happens in DI football. What the hell were they doing??

Well, looks like the SEC will have a representative in the National Championship, which is great for the conference. But, I still hate Saban/Bama so I was rooting for the upset.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
You called that one.

This A&M team, with all the freshmen, will be scary good the next three seasons or so.

A&M gets top 20 classes every single year, and it still led up to a 6-6 season. Their defense is one of the worst in college football, but their offense finally caught up to the rest of the Big 12 South. The problem is that Texas, OU, Tech, and Okie State all have defenses now. Baylor is still the whipping boy, especially if Robert Griffin chooses track over football after that injury.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 09:47 AM)
SIU with their first playoff game today vs Eastern Illinois, free webcast on CBS as well as the SIU website.

We are so overdue to win it all. I just feel its our year.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
It wasn't a sucker punch apparently. ND is trying to spin the story.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20...979/1001/Sports

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 03:41 PM)
i actually went to that CJ's Pub after the USC game last month, that place has some awesome burgers & wings

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 06:19 PM)
Either way, its a good thing he didnt end up like Tyler Moeller where his season and possibly career was ruined. I understand Clausen has a rep for talkin alot of s***, but NOBODY should attack a player because they are a player.

According to the Blue Gold Hour on a local radio station this morning (which was taped on Monday), Clausen and family were yukkin' it up in the tunnels following the loss to UConn; saying things like, "This is the last time that we'll have to come back to this place!" Apparently some other players overheard this and caught up to him at CJs. Rumor has it that it was RB Armando Allen.

Exhibit B - http://www.etruth.com/staffBlogs/BenFord/a...likely-out.aspx

Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen, who was reportedly punched in the face outside CJ's Pub in South Bend hours after the Irish lost to Connecticut last week, will be available for the regular-season finale at Stanford.

"Jimmy will practice today and he'll be starting against Stanford," coach Charlie Weis said Tuesday afternoon.

Weis refused to answer any other questions about the incident, saying, "It's Stanford week."

Halfback Armando Allen, meanwhile, is likely out for Saturday's game.

"Armando cracked a bone in his right hand and he's going to get it fixed today, which would leave him probably out for this game," Weis said.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 02:12 PM)
This officiating in the Illinois-Cincy game has been pretty bad.

And go Auburn! I'd love to see Bama go down!

I think Illinois could have made it much closer and had a chance to win if they werent completely buried by the refs.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 01:25 PM)
I think Illinois could have made it much closer and had a chance to win if they werent completely buried by the refs.

Agreed. And if I'm the Irish, I stay the hell away from Brian Kelly. I haven't watched Cincy at all this year before yesterday, but I know ND needs to significantly improve on Defense, and based on what the Illini did, that ain't his thing. I respect the turnarounds Kelly has accomplished in his career and with that program specifically, but he reminds me of this year's Rich Rodriguez (who's team a bad Illinois squad also lit up this year)-- a guy who puts up gaudy offensive numbers with a high-powered, spread offense in a weak-ass Big East.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 01:54 PM)
Agreed. And if I'm the Irish, I stay the hell away from Brian Kelly. I haven't watched Cincy at all this year before yesterday, but I know ND needs to significantly improve on Defense, and based on what the Illini did, that ain't his thing. I respect the turnarounds Kelly has accomplished in his career and with that program specifically, but he reminds me of this year's Rich Rodriguez (who's team a bad Illinois squad also lit up this year)-- a guy who puts up gaudy offensive numbers with a high-powered, spread offense in a weak-ass Big East.

Cincy literally doesnt play defense.

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
I could have sworn I heard that if one non BCS school made a BCS bowl another one couldnt.. I think they were saying how Boise would be screwed if TCU got in..

That only applies to the automatic spot. A non BCS school can automatically get in if they are ranked high enough, but 2 can't automatically qualify that way.