Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the ESPN article:

"He [Leach] wrote [in his affidavit] "absolutely" no evidence had been given to him that showed he had violated any university rules or standards."

I'm going to assume that Texas Tech believes that this statement was untrue, and thus added to the "cause" for which they fired Leach. Its pretty likely that the school presented Leach with "some" evidence (even if Leach considered it weak) to justify the suspension in the first place. Otherwise, firing him on the courthouse steps just prior to his hearing seems pretty ballsy, if not foolish.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 01:55 PM)
Leech will have a job rather quickly though I would assume.

Really? You don't think the "did you lock a kid up in a closet as punishment for getting a concussion" question is going to be a drag on recruiting?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 01:09 PM)
Really? You don't think the "did you lock a kid up in a closet as punishment for getting a concussion" question is going to be a drag on recruiting?

Many other coaches seem to do just fine, look at how long Bobby Knight kept winning.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 01:09 PM)

If he didn't have all of this support then maybe.

Well Im glad Wisconsin was able to beat Miami. It was definitely not what I expected as it seemed not only was Wisconsin more physical but more athletic as well. Hopefully Clay doesnt go to the NFL, because I think Wisconsin has a chance to be ranked next year. Supposedly the weather played a factor and Miami was not used to the frigid 44 degree weather.

If it wasnt for a few self inflicted wounds, Wisconsin could have really blown that game wide open. Over 400 yards of offense, and Clay was just unstoppable as usual. Although according to Miami fans he wouldnt even start on their team (that statement after last nights game is strange, but some Miami fans swear Cooper is significantly better).

No matter what Ill have some fun with my cousins who went to Miami, they all believed that Wisconsin had no chance and that if Miami could stop GT's running game, then theyd dominate Wisconsin. I tried to explain the triple option is different, but they emphatically informed me that the U was more talented, the ACC was significantly better and who did Wisconsin beat.

I guess the answer to the question is, Miami.

Hopefully the rest of the Big 10 can show up and make people rethink their SEC love.

IIRC Leach and T Tech had a pretty contentious relationship as it was, and they were probably looking for any reason to get out from under that contract.

He had some sort of clause that would of paid him like 800 grand for being the coach on Jan 1, 2010. So it is little suspect that they fired him two days before that date for a reason like this.

And now that I have seen this electrical "closet", I am a lot more skeptical of James and much less skeptical of Leach.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
And now that I have seen this electrical "closet", I am a lot more skeptical of James and much less skeptical of Leach.

The size of the locations doesnt excuse the action of locking someone in there and saying if you come out we are kicking you off the team.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 01:53 PM)
The size of the locations doesnt excuse the action of locking someone in there and saying if you come out we are kicking you off the team.

From what I have read, it was the kids total lack of respect that brought on the threat of being kicked off the team

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 03:16 PM)
From what I have read, it was the kids total lack of respect that brought on the threat of being kicked off the team

Then to me, he should have been kicked off the team (or suspended) for that lack of respect, and that would have been the end of it. Even if "the shed" or "the closet" weren't exactly "the hole," it seems apparent that Leach sent him there because he reported a concussion. Post-Rashidi Wheeler, etc. that's just absolutely, flat-out stupid behavior from a coach.

Nevertheless, I still think there's more at issue here than has come out so far. This seems pretty hypocritical coming from the school that hired Bob Knight.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 09:08 PM)
I'm so embarrassed at this damn good ol boy administration at Texas Tech right now. Leach didn't fit in with this crowd, and never had a chance. Just absurd.

I understand why you didn't want him fired, but it's hard to blame Tech for firing him. This is pretty inexcusable.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 01:53 PM)

http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc...270202/19238949

Call me crazy, but I think this was one final effort by Leach to maybe wake this douchebag James up. However, instead James runs to daddy and cries like a little girl.

Ive never been a fan of Leach, but he wins games and did absolutely nothing wrong.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 10:30 PM)
How is Freddie Barnes not atleast in the 2nd or 3rd rounds of the walterfootball.com mock draft? He is a stud.

Maybe I'm biased so Detroit (with the 2nd pick) doesn't take Suh, but if I'm St Louis, I take Suh #1 overall and take a QB with my second pick in the 2nd round.

Maybe because he will run a 4.65 at the combine...

However, I hate 40 times and think they are extremely overrated.