Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many people have you killed? :lolhitting

Vince Young II.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4451405

"Not everybody is the perfect person in the world," Pryor said of Vick. "Everyone does -- kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me. I just feel that people need to give him a chance."

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 09:42 PM)

Vince Young II.

"Not everybody is the perfect person in the world," Pryor said of Vick. "Everyone does -- kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me. I just feel that people need to give him a chance."

wow, what a f***ing nutjob.

hahaha

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
That's my point.

Most teams that have conference schedules play relative lower talent teams too.

Penn State has Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota...

USC has Washington, Washington St., Stanford, Arizona, Oregon St...

Florida has Vanderbilt, Mississippi St, South Carolina, Auburn, Kentucky...

Texas has Kansas St, Texas A&M, Iowa St, Baylor, Colorado...

Plus in their non-conference games, they play teams like St Mary's School For Girls, and Broken Pelvis State.

Just to opint out Knight, but Iowa opened the season in the top 25 in one poll. They did lose there stud RB, but they also were the only big ten team last year to win a bowl game and finished last season very strong and ranked.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 09:23 PM)
Just to opint out Knight, but Iowa opened the season in the top 25 in one poll. They did lose there stud RB, but they also were the only big ten team last year to win a bowl game and finished last season very strong and ranked.

They almost lost at home UNI. Thats like Illinois finding a way to lose next week to the ISU redbirds.

For that Iowa is worthless to me until they prove otherwise.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 09:59 AM)
I've got nothing to say. Absolutely pathetic performance against a s***ty Missouri team (and when I say s***ty I mean this obviously isn't the same caliber team of the past couple years). Blaine Gabbert? Give me a f***ing break.

I mean, I don't think we are going to be great, but to be fair, Blaine Gabbert was a five-star recruit and a major pull for Missouri. Even though he's a true sophomore, there's some expectations for him.

The shocking thing is how you didn't destroy our awful defense.

Bradford out indefinitely, probably 1-2 weeks before they know how long he'll be out. Either a grade 2 or grade 3 shoulder sprain, he's hoping to avoid surgery if possible.

Wonder if he's thought at all about how much money passing on the NFL draft last year cost him. Even if it would have been Detroit's money, that's still a lot of money.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 12:56 PM)
Wonder if he's thought at all about how much money passing on the NFL draft last year cost him. Even if it would have been Detroit's money, that's still a lot of money.

Why would Detroit pick Bradford over Stafford for QB?

QUOTE (kev211 @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 11:07 PM)
They almost lost at home UNI. Thats like Illinois finding a way to lose next week to the ISU redbirds.

For that Iowa is worthless to me until they prove otherwise.

Even though Iowa won, most people are nearly considering it a loss since they only beat UNI by 1. They clearly have a lot of work to do.

Got a question for you guys...

I just found I won the student lottery for Florida tickets, but I have to pay $70 and I only get 1 ticket (which pisses me off). Apparently, you have to request 2 tickets if you want two before they do the lottery, which isn't how it used to be in years past.

Anyway, I wanted to sell the ticket b/c I need money and there's no point in likely watching us lose in Gainesville, so should I buy the single ticket and hope it sells? What are the odds someone will want a single ticket (cause I know most people will want 2 so they have someone to sit with)?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 02:21 PM)
Half of Washington's campus already has swine flu I think, that ought to hurt them.

Perhaps. Swine flu is still an overhyped joke, but with as contagious as it seems to be, I'd imagine that will make it's way to the football team, and half of a football team having any sort of flu is still a problem.

I can't wait to watch Miami/Florida State tonight. Should be a good game, I'm very interested to see how Miami's defense looks against Florida State's offense after what I heard earlier today.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 04:02 PM)
Perhaps. Swine flu is still an overhyped joke, but with as contagious as it seems to be, I'd imagine that will make it's way to the football team, and half of a football team having any sort of flu is still a problem.

I can't wait to watch Miami/Florida State tonight. Should be a good game, I'm very interested to see how Miami's defense looks against Florida State's offense after what I heard earlier today.

What did you hear earlier?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 04:45 PM)
Sean Spence's playbook "went missing" at the team hotel for a few hours. They found it, but who knows what happened in those few hours.

oh yeah, read that. Thought there might have been more "injuries" to some players.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 12:53 PM)
Got a question for you guys...

I just found I won the student lottery for Florida tickets, but I have to pay $70 and I only get 1 ticket (which pisses me off). Apparently, you have to request 2 tickets if you want two before they do the lottery, which isn't how it used to be in years past.

Anyway, I wanted to sell the ticket b/c I need money and there's no point in likely watching us lose in Gainesville, so should I buy the single ticket and hope it sells? What are the odds someone will want a single ticket (cause I know most people will want 2 so they have someone to sit with)?

If you want to "sing Rocky Top all night long" after the game with Lane, go.

If you need the money, sell it.

In all seriousness, have you been to the Swamp? If not, I'd go. It would be cool to see your team playing there regardless of outcome. If you have been there done that and really need the money, consider selling it. Someone should be a single somewhere, maybe a group of 2 now wants a group of 3, etc.

Personally I think if you can swing the money aspect somehow, I'd go. That should be a great atmosphere and it's fun to see your team in enemy territory.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 04:15 PM)
If you want to "sing Rocky Top all night long" after the game with Lane, go.

If you need the money, sell it.

In all seriousness, have you been to the Swamp? If not, I'd go. It would be cool to see your team playing there regardless of outcome. If you have been there done that and really need the money, consider selling it. Someone should be a single somewhere, maybe a group of 2 now wants a group of 3, etc.

Personally I think if you can swing the money aspect somehow, I'd go. That should be a great atmosphere and it's fun to see your team in enemy territory.

You make good points. I have not been to the Swamp, and I'd really love to. A few of my friends have said they might go, but if they don't, I don't want to go by myself. If I had friends for sure going, I'd definitely go. So I guess I was just thinking if I buy the ticket for myself and then people decide not to go, would I still be able to sell it?

I have the ticket reserved until tomorrow, so I guess I'll be deciding soon.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 6, 2009 -> 08:42 PM)

Vince Young II.

HAHAH, god forbid a kid say people make mistakes and deserve second chances. The kid isnt a f***ing linguist but I'm sure 99 percent of people who read that article understood what he was trying to say. If he wasnt the #1 recruit and the QB of OSU, you probably wouldnt give a s***.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 05:34 PM)
You make good points. I have not been to the Swamp, and I'd really love to. A few of my friends have said they might go, but if they don't, I don't want to go by myself. If I had friends for sure going, I'd definitely go. So I guess I was just thinking if I buy the ticket for myself and then people decide not to go, would I still be able to sell it?

I have the ticket reserved until tomorrow, so I guess I'll be deciding soon.

Dude, you have GOT to go. The money is a good thing and all, but that will be a game and a half.