Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 12:51 AM)
Never thought I'd see the day when FSU's offense kicks ass and the defense blows chunks. Greg Reid needs to be on the field every single snap. Screw this not starting freshmen crap.

Reid was the best defensive player on the field tonight. That guy is a stud.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 7, 2009 -> 05:15 PM)
In all seriousness, have you been to the Swamp? If not, I'd go. It would be cool to see your team playing there regardless of outcome.

That's so true. I went to a game at OU where Mizzou lost and it's still one of my top memories.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 11:55 AM)
I know you were sweatin bullets when he went down holding his arm. That didnt look good at first.

Sweatin bullets is an understatement. Our season was almost over 50 minutes into the first game of the year. No way is our freshman backup ready to take on GT,VT and OU plus a game at UNC this year.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 02:26 PM)
Sweatin bullets is an understatement. Our season was almost over 50 minutes into the first game of the year. No way is our freshman backup ready to take on GT,VT and OU plus a game at UNC this year.

Too bad you guys lost Cannon Smith. He would have been a legit backup...

Just kidding. That kid sucks. He couldn't even start at my high school. We always got along well, but I don't feel bad saying he sucks as a football player.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 02:26 PM)

You could tell Hightower was nervous warming up, the expression of relief on his face when they showed him the next series was priceless.

My ND fan friends are talking crap to me already. They can't understand that I am cautious based on our Week 1 opponent and they believe the Irish are meant for the national title game already.

I will continue to keep my mouth shut and if Michigan wins, Monday will be fun.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 05:20 PM)
My ND fan friends are talking crap to me already. They can't understand that I am cautious based on our Week 1 opponent and they believe the Irish are meant for the national title game already.

To the winner of that game goes the spoils of massive overreaction and overhype.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 06:37 PM)
To the winner of that game goes the spoils of massive overreaction and overhype.

Probably. Even if Michigan wins, we won't be going to the Rose Bowl. Too young and inexperienced.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 04:20 PM)

I like that strategy. I do think this week's game will tell a lot about both teams.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 05:37 PM)

I only agree to a point. If Michigan wins, then UM fans (realistic ones anyway) will be hoping for 9-3 or 8-4, instead of 6-6 or 7-5. It simply will tell you whether there are automatic losses on Michigan's schedule or games they may win that were not expected. They won't win all of those either way, but kick a couple of games from the "will probably or definitely lose" to "we've got a chance" column and the season becomes much more fun.

For ND, it is a must win if they have any hopes of having a great season. In my mind, 9-3 would still be a solid season for them, 10-2 and they should be dancing a jig. Lose to Michigan, those hopes are likely dashed.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 01:04 AM)
Iowa's stud tackle Brian Bulaga out for this Saturday against ISU with a heart condition.

And KF makes it official. Vegas lines are starting to shift from -7.5 for Iowa to where I thought it should be before, -6.