Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another reason why I hated all those arrogant do-gooders in the student orgs like MSA and the like, they made 300 "beat furman" tshirts for MU students this weekend in tigers lair or whatever. WHo the F*** wants that. Yay!!! We beat FURMAN!!! My tshirt totally helped motivate!!!

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 09:32 AM)
Another reason why I hated all those arrogant do-gooders in the student orgs like MSA and the like, they made 300 "beat furman" tshirts for MU students this weekend in tigers lair or whatever. WHo the F*** wants that. Yay!!! We beat FURMAN!!! My tshirt totally helped motivate!!!

I saw that and it pissed me off too. I don't see the point and it's great material for anyone else to rip us for. All those True Tiger, etc. groups are bulls*** anyway. It's mostly fans who just started their allegiance when they enrolled. I wasn't a Missouri fan until I showed up on campus and even then it wasn't an overnight transition, but I wasn't parading my school pride around campus with a Beat Furman shirt. What a f***ing joke. It would be bad enough to make this shirt for Iowa State or Baylor, but Furman? That's completely embarrassing. This is a program that is tied for 2nd behind USC for most wins in college football since 2007 and they are printing "Beat Furman" shirts.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 09:32 AM)

Lol. I agree strongly though.

Man I am the village idiot today, had a shot to go to NIU vs. Purdue for very little money and decided not to because I've had a long week and didn't want to wake up at 6 in the morning and drive all the way down. What a win for us though, I was a little worried about this one with how Purdue looked their first two games, but we'll take the 335 thousand dollars Purdue gave us to beat them on their field and be happy with the biggest win the program has had in probably 4 years.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)
Man I am the village idiot today, had a shot to go to NIU vs. Purdue for very little money and decided not to because I've had a long week and didn't want to wake up at 6 in the morning and drive all the way down. What a win for us though, I was a little worried about this one with how Purdue looked their first two games, but we'll take the 335 thousand dollars Purdue gave us to beat them on their field and be happy with the biggest win the program has had in probably 4 years.

Man, that fake punt took some balls. Huge win though, this team has a chance to be pretty good if the running game can keep it up. I would like to see Harnish play better though.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)

I've been seeing Marcus Lewis in the box scrores this year. That's cool.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 05:57 PM)
And there's the traditional single loss that winds up with SC beating the crap out of the big 10 team in the Rose Bowl. (The Rose Bowl isn't national championship this year is it?)

It is, but they have a separate bowl for the title game.

Also, LOL @ Nebraska. Really didn't deserve to lose, but their QB Zac Lee was absolutely atrocious. One heck of a finish.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 05:57 PM)
And there's the traditional single loss that winds up with SC beating the crap out of the big 10 team in the Rose Bowl. (The Rose Bowl isn't national championship this year is it?)

LOL. Well the odds are it would be either PSU or OSU, both of which can beat SC. So not sure if you thought maybe Indiana would make the Rose Bowl?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 06:12 PM)
MSU's QB gives ND the game with two unbelievably bad plays late. Misses a wide receiver with no one within 20 yards of him in the endzone and then throws a pick on the next play when they were well within field go range and only down 3.

ND's defense is like swiss cheese.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)
LOL. Well the odds are it would be either PSU or OSU, both of which can beat SC. So not sure if you thought maybe Indiana would make the Rose Bowl?

Frankly...I keep thinking the big 10 team has a shot coming in to the game, and then SC just slaughters them. It's happened waht, 3 years in a row now?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 06:27 PM)
Frankly...I keep thinking the big 10 team has a shot coming in to the game, and then SC just slaughters them. It's happened waht, 3 years in a row now?

I would say they slaughtered Illinois 2 years ago, and beat both PSU and Mich the other two years, but yup. They also crushed Oklahoma in 04 before that.