Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 12:21 AM)
Jesus, why don't they just put the points on the board for the Irish already...

Seriously, this was a joke of a game with regards to personal fouls. I'll say this, Golden Tate and Michael Floyd is the best WR tandem in a long time.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 06:24 PM)
The refs tried so hard to get ND to win. This is why people hate them. I'm so glad Weis is their coach. He is going to continue to be mediocre and Notre Dame will remain irrelevant.

Yeah the Pac-10 refs tried really hard to give the game to the not pac10 Irish. Makes complete sense. USC played dumb they shouldn't even have forced the refs to decide to make those calls, and should have buried ND when they had the chance.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 12:27 PM)
Stanzi? Really? Iowa's success is almost entirely because they have a ridiculous defense. Stanzi as a pro? Yeesh.

Staniz is actually a pretty damn accurate passer. This season he's been all over the map, but the 2nd half of today's game he was brilliant and that is more like the Stanzi I've seen. He's just lost a ton of confidence. I don't know if I'd call him an NFL QB, but he's a better QB than people think and I think that will show down the stretch.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 04:24 PM)
The refs tried so hard to get ND to win. This is why people hate them. I'm so glad Weis is their coach. He is going to continue to be mediocre and Notre Dame will remain irrelevant.

The time-management is horrible and Weiss will be fired. I really wanted ND to win, but I think its a blessing in disguise that they lost. Weiss needs to get the f*** out. He's awful and I don't want to hear that he doens't have talent. He needs to go back to the pro's and run a pro offense as an OC. The man is not a head coach and his speil doesn't work in college.

ND hasn't ran at all under him, we do have great QB play (Claussen is very good)...problem is the lack of a run and the mediocre o-line kill us, and well our defense...ugly...ugly.

By the way, Iowa might lose @ Michigan State tomorrow, but if anyone watched the 2nd half of today's game you can see why Iowa is a legitimate top 15 team, borderline top 10 team. They have a great defense, above average receivers, an above average oline, solid freshman backs, and a solid QB. If Stanzi continues to improve and get his confidence back and Robinson/Wegner hold up and the team stays healthy they got a shot to get into a BCS game, which would be huge for recruiting and the program ($$$).

One game at a time though and Iowa has had some problems against the Spartans. Huge f***ing road win for the Hawkeyes though. Curious to see where they'll be in the initial BCS standings.

Also, I'm curious to see if this win @ Wiscy helps them with Fiedor. Moeaki had a few huge catches as did our back-up TE. We use TE's better than any-team in the country (Wiscy also using them well).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 06:40 PM)
By the way, Iowa might lose @ Michigan State tomorrow, but if anyone watched the 2nd half of today's game you can see why Iowa is a legitimate top 15 team, borderline top 10 team. They have a great defense, above average receivers, an above average oline, solid freshman backs, and a solid QB. If Stanzi continues to improve and get his confidence back and Robinson/Wegner hold up and the team stays healthy they got a shot to get into a BCS game, which would be huge for recruiting and the program ($$$).

One game at a time though and Iowa has had some problems against the Spartans. Huge f***ing road win for the Hawkeyes though. Curious to see where they'll be in the initial BCS standings.

Also, I'm curious to see if this win @ Wiscy helps them with Fiedor. Moeaki had a few huge catches as did our back-up TE. We use TE's better than any-team in the country (Wiscy also using them well).

You watch McCoy play for USC today? But you guys use your TEs a hell of a lot better than Illinois and that is what matters.

Also, I don't know what I would call the Illinois-Indiana game but it sure as hell doesn't look like a D1 football game.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 04:59 PM)
You watch McCoy play for USC today? But you guys use your TEs a hell of a lot better than Illinois and that is what matters.

Also, I don't know what I would call the Illinois-Indiana game but it sure as hell doesn't look like a D1 football game.

USC has great talent, but I'd say Iowa features there TE more than almost any team in the country and they put them in positions to excel quite a bit. You look over the Ken O'Keefe era as OC and every TE we've had in is typically much more htan just the safety valve, often times they've been the go-to guy in our offense.

USC has at times featured there offense much more around there RB's (passing wise) as well as there receivers. This year they've done a great job using there TE's and obviously USC has a hell of a lot more talent than Iowa.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 04:59 PM)

Lets be honest, Illini's offense is a complete joke right now. However, even when it was rolling, they didn't utilize there TE's period.

Not that I really think Illinois had a chance to win the game at that point but down 13 with the ball and you aren't hurrying it up and snapping and then when you have the ball at the IU 30 with like 45 seconds left you don't use any timeout? Put the ball in the end zone and then kick the onside kick and see what happens. But no take your sweet f***ing time, don't throw to the endzone and eat your timeouts. Seriously, WTF? That really pisses me off when the coaches quit in a game. That is more inexcusable then the terrible discipline and decision making of the team. To flat out quit when you still have a chance to win the game? f***ing horrible. GTFO Zook.

SEC really protected Florida today. Arkansas shouldve won but Florida escapes. Florida's offense is bad and I wouldnt be surprised if Mississippi St keeps it close next week since the MSU HC is the former Florida OC.

Florida loses at South Carolina and to Alabama this year.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 09:53 PM)
SEC really protected Florida today. Arkansas shouldve won but Florida escapes. Florida's offense is bad and I wouldnt be surprised if Mississippi St keeps it close next week since the MSU HC is the former Florida OC.

Florida loses at South Carolina and to Alabama this year.

The SEC is going to do EVERYTHING it can to help Alabama and Florida, they want to make sure the winner of that SEC Title game plays for the National Title, that's just how it works unfortunately. Also, I am going to be nicer to Iowa. Yes, I still am not very impressed by them and baffled by their record, but they are much more impressive than say, the Texas Longhorns. I couldn't possibly be less impressed with those characters, and I'd vote Iowa AND Cincinnati ahead of them if I had a rankings vote (which I don't). And thank you USC, I won't have to hear about Notre Dame anymore now. Regardless of how you feel about ND, they have been outright lucky all season, and the luck finally ran out today. Clausen is very good though when he has time to throw, Weis is going to be pretty pissed when he leaves for the NFL after this season. Lastly, Ohio State/Purdue is another example of how bad the Big 10 is and I have no idea how the heck that pile of crap beat the Buckeyes.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 11:38 PM)
Oh man Mizzou misses Chase Daniel. Gabbert has a cannon for an arm, but no idea where it's going.

That was true tonight and last week, but in the rain no one could move the ball and tonight he was completely immobile. Watch the Illinois or Nevada and his accuracy is certainly there. It's not Chase Daniel, but let's be honest very few are as accurate as he is with passes of 20 or less. Gabbert has the pro tools and it was really painful to watch this game. Regardless of Gabbert's struggles, they had their chances. Outgain Ok State by almost 100 yards in the 1st half and trail by 7. It was a rough game, but these types were expected in the preseason. It's a young team that has the talent to be a top 20 team, but not the experience across the board yet.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 01:40 AM)
And thank you USC, I won't have to hear about Notre Dame anymore now. Regardless of how you feel about ND, they have been outright lucky all season, and the luck finally ran out today. Clausen is very good though when he has time to throw, Weis is going to be pretty pissed when he leaves for the NFL after this season.

I take it that you've never heard of Dayne Crist?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 02:19 AM)
That was true tonight and last week, but in the rain no one could move the ball and tonight he was completely immobile. Watch the Illinois or Nevada and his accuracy is certainly there. It's not Chase Daniel, but let's be honest very few are as accurate as he is with passes of 20 or less. Gabbert has the pro tools and it was really painful to watch this game. Regardless of Gabbert's struggles, they had their chances. Outgain Ok State by almost 100 yards in the 1st half and trail by 7. It was a rough game, but these types were expected in the preseason. It's a young team that has the talent to be a top 20 team, but not the experience across the board yet.

Yep, his lack of accuracy was frustrating to watch(I can't stand Okie State). He clearly has the size, arm strength, and mobility to be a superstar, he just needs to rein in his accuracy.

Anyways, the Big 12 North is wide open for just about anyone now. Texas already has the South title clenched.

Went to the Alabama - South Carolina game last night. what a boring assed game! Damn cold too. It's not supposed to be in the 40's in Alabama during football season! This game was ugly.

-- Mark Ingram carried Bama on his back last night.

-- Bama had over 100 yards in penalties, mostly on kick returns and offense.

-- Greg McElroy was terrible last night. He forced passed into coverage, failed to throw to open receivers and looked like he had no clue.

-- South Carolina, known for having a solid defense, knew Bama was going to run, yet couldn't stop it. After McElroy's 2nd turnover, Bama completely took the ball out of his hands for the 2nd quarter. It was run right, run left, yet SC still couldn't stop Ingram.

-- South Carolina was terrible offensively until middle to late in the 3rd quarter. Then they started to get some rhythm but Bama came up with some big plays.

-- As good as Bama's defense is, and they are very good, Carolina missed a few open receivers that could have given them big plays.

-- If Alabama wants to compete for a NC, they better figure out how to be better than that offensively. McElroy has had better games, but performances like last night will not win big games, no disrespect meant to SCar.