Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 01:21 PM)
How do they overrule that call? It was called a td on the field, the side judge was standing right there, and the one angle clearly showed the receiver getting a foot down. You could even see dust in the field turf being kicked up from the receiver dragging his foot. Again, how do you overrule that?

His foot was not down. That was clear when it was in slow motion. Just because the guy was right there doesn't make the call right. See 2009 MLB playoffs, umpires.

Stansi needs to sit down.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 02:24 PM)
His foot was not down. That was clear when it was in slow motion. Just because the guy was right there doesn't make the call right. See 2009 MLB playoffs, umpires.

I thought I saw a line in the field/rubber from where the WR's toe was dragging.

Indiana has been f***ed over a lot this year by the refs. I'm sure the Big Ten will do everything possible to protect Iowa today.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 01:31 PM)
I thought I saw a line in the field/rubber from where the WR's toe was dragging.

Indiana has been f***ed over a lot this year by the refs. I'm sure the Big Ten will do everything possible to protect Iowa today.

If you have a dvr you should go back and see it. As a Iowa alum I was afraid that was going to be the case, but his foot was in the air, he eventually dragged it, but he had already landed out of bounds.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 01:24 PM)

You didn't see his foot dragging? You didn't see the dust/dirt kicked up from the field turf? It was clear from the side angle that his toe dragged. Mark Jones saw it, Bob Davie saw it, the side judge saw it...I guess they raised a question of whether or not the toe was down before the knee, but his toe definitely dragged.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 01:35 PM)
You didn't see his foot dragging? You didn't see the dust/dirt kicked up from the field turf? It was clear from the side angle that his toe dragged. Mark Jones saw it, Bob Davie saw it, the side judge saw it...I guess they raised a question of whether or not the toe was down before the knee, but his toe definitely dragged.

As I wrote, it dragged but he had already landed out of bounds. If he had his toe on the ground when his body landed, it would have been a TD, but it was in the air, and they can stop it frame by frame which is a little better look than the side judge at full speed no matter what Bob Davie says. I'm sure when he coached he complained about calls made by officials in far better position to see the play then him, but they do make mistakes.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 01:37 PM)
Just because helmets hit each other does not make it a penalty. If it was there would be personal fouls on a ton of tackles.

Here's the rule. It was a penalty

NCAA- College

2008 & Still Current

Initiating Contact/Targeting an Oppenent

1. No player shall initiate contact and target an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. When in question, it is a foul.

2. No player shall initiate contact and target a defenseless opponent above the shoulders. When in question, it is a foul.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 01:44 PM)
I'm from the other part of the student body, the Chicago suburbs.

That's cool. Glad you have Iowa Pride! I just don't get into Iowa football for whatever reason. Probably because I have too many annoying Iowa rooting friends.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 01:41 PM)
Here's the rule. It was a penalty

NCAA- College

2008 & Still Current

Initiating Contact/Targeting an Oppenent

1. No player shall initiate contact and target an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. When in question, it is a foul.

2. No player shall initiate contact and target a defenseless opponent above the shoulders. When in question, it is a foul.

Really because he didn't target the opponent with the crown of his helmet or initiate contact and target a defenseless opponent above the shoulder.