Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 01:45 PM)
That's cool. Glad you have Iowa Pride! I just don't get into Iowa football for whatever reason. Probably because I have too many annoying Iowa rooting friends.

We must be like Cubs fans in Iowa. I'm just hoping the Hawks can ride this a long time. I am very nervous about today and next week. I think they will play well at Ohio State.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 01:34 PM)
If you have a dvr you should go back and see it. As a Iowa alum I was afraid that was going to be the case, but his foot was in the air, he eventually dragged it, but he had already landed out of bounds.

DA, go back to about 1:16 pm on your dvr and watch the view from behind the end zone. Certainly looked like his foot was down. I do see what you're saying about him being out of bounds from the one angle, but I think it's an illusion that you don't see his foot drag. As one other poster said, from the side view, you can see the line in the turf where his foot dragged and you can see the dust/dirt fly up as well.

Considering it was called a td on the field, and there has to be indisputable video evidence that it was NOT a td to overturn it, I don't understand how you can overturn that call.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
We must be like Cubs fans in Iowa. I'm just hoping the Hawks can ride this a long time. I am very nervous about today and next week. I think they will play well at Ohio State.

haha Cubs fans might be going a little too far but Iowa has no pro sports teams so the Hawkeyes are our pro team in a way.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 01:51 PM)
DA, go back to about 1:16 pm on your dvr and watch the view from behind the end zone. Certainly looked like his foot was down. I do see what you're saying about him being out of bounds from the one angle, but I think it's an illusion that you don't see his foot drag. As one other poster said, from the side view, you can see the line in the turf where his foot dragged and you can see the dust/dirt fly up as well.

Considering it was called a td on the field, and there has to be indisputable video evidence that it was NOT a td to overturn it, I don't understand how you can overturn that call.

They can go frame by frame in the replay booth. They obviously saw something.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 12:53 PM)
They can go frame by frame in the replay booth. They obviously saw something.

I just went frame by frame on my freaking tivo. Doesn't make them right. Just as on field officials make errors, so do replay officials.

You're clearly biased, being a gay Iowa fan. ;)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 01:56 PM)
Stanzi has thrown for 150 yards and 2 TDs the last 2 plays, good thing they didn't take my or Davies' advise and go to the back up. The wind must be howling.

Two good throws but of course the receivers did basically everything on those plays. And I'm not sure what the hell IU has been doing on D.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 01:57 PM)
I just went frame by frame on my freaking tivo. Doesn't make them right. Just as on field officials make errors, so do replay officials.

You're clearly biased, being a gay Iowa fan. ;)

I'm biased, but not gay. I went frame by frame when they were revewing it because I didn't want to hear the result, and I honestly thought he was out of bounds. I really am pretty good about being objective about calls.

So Ole Miss was down 31-14 with 6 minutes left in the 3rd. Mississippi scores a TD and for whatever reason goes for 2. Of course Auburn causes a turnover on the attempt and takes it back for 2 points to make it 33-20. Amazing how stupid some of the coaches are when it comes to going for 2 points.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 02:01 PM)
I'm biased, but not gay. I went frame by frame when they were revewing it because I didn't want to hear the result, and I honestly thought he was out of bounds. I really am pretty good about being objective about calls.

I know you're not really gay.

Doesn't matter, Indiana is folding again.

I'm honestly happy for the Big Ten, but this Iowa team will get annihilated in a BCS bowl if it were to get there.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)
but this Iowa team will get annihilated in a BCS bowl if it were to get there.

Yeah they will. I just hope its in a meaningless Rose Bowl game instead of the national title game. Would hate to see a Florida/Alabama/Texas team just handed a national title.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 02:04 PM)
I know you're not really gay.

Doesn't matter, Indiana is folding again.

I'm honestly happy for the Big Ten, but this Iowa team will get annihilated in a BCS bowl if it were to get there.

I don't think so. Ohio State lost pretty bad to Purdue and you probably wouldn't say the same thing about them. Talent-wise, or I should say hype-wise, Iowa can't compete with the top 20 probably, but they get the job done. They do pretty well in bowl games.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 02:04 PM)
If doesn't matter if the TD went Indiana's way. Iowa would've somehow gotten a 15 point TD, haha.

That call was big but the biggest play of this entire game was the Iowa interception returned for a TD where it hit like 5 people then landed right in the Iowa's players hands. Instead of possibly putting the game away Iowa gets right back in it.

Um...anyone else feel like the announcers are giving Stanzi too much credit for this 4th quarter? He made a couple of good albeit simple throws where Iowa's receivers were wide open and then the receivers ran wild. Granted I'm used to seeing Illinois QBs miss those throws but still.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 02:17 PM)
Um...anyone else feel like the announcers are giving Stanzi too much credit for this 4th quarter? He made a couple of good albeit simple throws where Iowa's receivers were wide open and then the receivers ran wild. Granted I'm used to seeing Illinois QBs miss those throws but still.

Yeah, they weren't bombs.