Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
Iowa has been very good in bowl-games. I wouldn't throw a ton of money down on the Hawks if they were playing Florida, USC, LSU, Alabama, etc, but I'd give them a fighting chance. They aren't as bad as some of you say.

And I realiez Ferentz said that about the computer and the big reason is because the computer doesn't tell how the Hawkeyes win. At the same time, it factors in heavily the teams Iowa's played, etc, and at some point you can't argue that Iowa has beaten some pretty good teams in some pretty tough places.

If Iowa goes undefeated (and I still don't necessarily believe they will), they'd have a resume which includes wins vs Arizona (top 25), @ Penn State (top 15), @ Ohio State (top 15-top 20), @ Wisconsin (Top 30), vs Michigan (Top 30-40).

And right now the Iowa State win isn't looking like a bad win either (although the Clones are losing today).

Arizona is not a top 25 team despite their ranking IMO. There is a good chance they lose 3 or 4 more games this year. They still need to play at Arizona St., at USC, at Cal and home against Oregon.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
That figures. That goal line play calling for Michigan was Ron Turner like.

That was bad, not even one attempt at play action. And Terry Hawthorne might have saved Zook's job by running down the Michigan WR on that play. Not sure how to feel about that.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 04:40 PM)
That was bad, not even one attempt at play action. And Terry Hawthorne might have saved Zook's job by running down the Michigan WR on that play. Not sure how to feel about that.

This game is the prime example of how Michigan has regressed the past few weeks. Michigan State game was the turning point.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 04:50 PM)
Where the f*** has this team been all year?

This is what we shouldve been like all year.

since 1957, only one win at home vs. Michigan, that was 1983. Figures that this horrible year will be the year to do it, although its definitely not over yet

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 03:52 PM)
IU should have won that game, just like they should have beaten Michigan and Northwestern. So Iowa benefited just like those other 3 teams did, but had IU been able to execute they'd be 7-2 and in the top 20. So lets not start calling IU some awful POS team.

They aren't the Illini.

I wish.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 06:13 PM)
People are definitely going to be pissed at them. And they still have games against Penn State and Ohio State right?

Id imagine he would have atleast 1 more season to turn things around there, I think next season with Tate Forcier having a year under his belt they can be a pretty good team.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 05:31 PM)
So does Rodriguez keep his job after this season?

No question. It shouldn't even be brought up. The improvement from last year is huge and they bring a lot of guys back next year.

Wow, USC really s*** the bed. Now I get to watch them play in a game like the Capital One Bowl. Joy.

People love to hate Taylor Mays, but he stayed while his whole defense went pro, and now he suffers because of the lack of talent. He looks bad but it's the result of his teammates, similar to Forte/Cutler because of their OL.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 26, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)
Fantastic assessment. I would agree with everything you wrote. Are we going to get Good Jon or Bad Jon? That will be the big factor. SC's secondary is very tough and you have some damn good pass rushers, so I think we'll have to run on you guys to do well. Still, Crompton has to take what the D gives him and not force stuff (like the last 2 games), or else we'll be out of this one.

And yeah, that upper deck (I'm assuming the south corner endzone) in the worst spot in the stadium, which I guess is why we stick the opposing fans up there.

4 Turnovers leading to 4 short fields and 24 points. We're just not good enough to overcome that. Grats on the win, I hate to think 'what if' concerning maybe if we knew how to hold on to the football.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 09:57 PM)
Wow, USC really s*** the bed. Now I get to watch them play in a game like the Capital One Bowl. Joy.

People love to hate Taylor Mays, but he stayed while his whole defense went pro, and now he suffers because of the lack of talent. He looks bad but it's the result of his teammates, similar to Forte/Cutler because of their OL.

If his stock drops and is there when the Bears pick, they better take him. He's the type of safety I want in the NFL.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 08:57 PM)

Holiday Bowl for USC. San Diego can't be too bad a place to visit in December, can it?