Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 8, 2009 -> 11:03 AM)
Really set themselves up nicely for their 5th straight Big Ten title, hope they can pull it off. Of course if I could choose I would rather have them beat Michigan.

I'd prefer to beat both :headbang

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 11:47 AM)
Why did the UT-Ole Miss game have to be scheduled for an 11am (CST) start??? I'm going to have to wake up at like 6am to drive the hour to Oxford to make it in time to get some decent tailgaiting in. This sucks.

:violin

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 02:10 PM)
Pft, we got up at 3 AM to tailgate for ISU-Iowa at 11:30 AM. And we live in town. In the lots by 5, because you need 6.5 hrs of tailgating.

Well that's just crazy. I don't know how you did that... I probably won't be going to bed until 3am.

Edited by dasox24

TCU Is Going to Sport Some Badass New Unis This Weekend

TCU will be sporting new uniforms for its Mountain West Conference match-up against Utah in Fort Worth on Saturday.

The Nike Pro Combat jerseys have "Horned Frogs" written across the top and "Never Back Down" along the inside of the collar.

The jerseys are also 25 percent lighter than a normal uniform and optimized for encountering water without gaining weight.

slide_3566_50534_large.jpg

slide_3566_50535_large.jpg

slide_3566_50536_large.jpg

The Mizzou one is interesting, but I'm not especially thrilled by it. I need a better view of the helmet to fully judge, it looks a little different.

I love the gloves though. The logo on the inside of them is too cool. I will have to buy them.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 09:06 PM)
I'm not really liking any of these uniforms the more I look at them. I guess the OSU one is nicest because someone has to have the nicest looking uniform.

Its supposed to be a "throwback" but its not really all that accurate to be honest.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 09:23 AM)
How f-ing stupid do you have to be to do something like this while on a full ride to a bigtime SEC school? I will never understand this

Something to the tune of "you can take the person out of the street, but you can't take the street out of the person".

Ed Orgeron also said something to the effect of "we aren't recruiting choir boys". :unsure:

f***ing awesome. How could they be so stupid? There goes 3 of our top freshmen.

I feel bad for Janzen Jackson. How could he be so dumb? He had a bright future. He was our starting FS and has some serious talent. As the son of the DB coach for Miami (OH), you would think he'd be smart enough to not do something like that. I mean, your dad is a D1 coach and you're on a full-ride scholarship, why the hell would you be involved in an incident like this? The only thing in his favor I can think of is that he wasn't one of the robbers. He was just in the "getaway" car (i guess you could call it that) when it got pulled over later on campus.

The only 2 people identified by the 3 guys who got robbed are Richardson and Edwards.

Lane isn't going to be having this s***. Richardson and Edwards will definitely be off the team. Jackson is to be determined. I'm curious to see how involved he really was, or if he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 07:23 AM)
How f-ing stupid do you have to be to do something like this while on a full ride to a bigtime SEC school? I will never understand this

Makes me feel good about my new home. If I'm gonna be robbed, at least I'll get to meet a football player.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 09:18 PM)
HAHAHA, is there a team in the Big East that actually DOES play defense? Two top 25 teams that have absolute swiss cheese D.

Tough crowd, final score was 24-21. Not sure swiss cheese is close to accurate.