Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 10:11 PM)
Tough crowd, final score was 24-21. Not sure swiss cheese is close to accurate.

I could have driven my car through those holes, a team with a running game and a good defense is going to beat Cincy in a bowl game. You can run all day on those teams.

I gotta say the chop block rules are just terrible. If it's dangerous to block below the waist when already engaged, why is it not dangerous when not engaged? And how is it ok for defenders to essentially chop block to tackle? It's an inconsistent rule and is probably worse than hands to the face on a QB. At least your head has a helmet, your knees are exposed.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 11:44 AM)
The Land of Lincoln trophy debuting today in the Illini/Northwestern rivalry is pretty sweet. I like when rivalries in football have that.

they always had a trophy, this one is lamer.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 01:59 PM)
I gotta say the chop block rules are just terrible. If it's dangerous to block below the waist when already engaged, why is it not dangerous when not engaged? And how is it ok for defenders to essentially chop block to tackle? It's an inconsistent rule and is probably worse than hands to the face on a QB. At least your head has a helmet, your knees are exposed.

GT is notorious for this. As soon as the center snaps the ball, the entire GT O-line dives at the knees of the d-lineman. Pretty cheap IMO.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 02:13 PM)
The Big 10 refs are just as bad as the SEC refs. Illinois just got f***ed bigtime.

What play are you talking about? The 4th down? It was really close and even so, Illinois had to go 70 yards in 30 seconds (on a running clock once the ball was spotted) with no timeouts.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 04:24 PM)
What play are you talking about? The 4th down? It was really close and even so, Illinois had to go 70 yards in 30 seconds (on a running clock once the ball was spotted) with no timeouts.

It wasnt close. The Illinois player caught the ball and was laying down as the Northwestern player fell on top of the WR and took the ball. Game speed it was a tossup but the replay was clear as day.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 03:40 PM)
I thought Michigan is a basketball school now?

May as well be. Next week won't be pretty.

I think Michigan improved enough to give RickRod one more year. ALmost everyone is coming back.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 03:56 PM)
Damn, Vanderberg looks fantastic in the 1st half. 4 drops, well 3 drops and a tough grab that Moeaki should make (which turned into a pick) have prevented us from scoring more, but a phenomenal 1st half performance for a freshman QB @ Ohio State.

Whoops...INT Poison Nuts

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
It wasnt close. The Illinois player caught the ball and was laying down as the Northwestern player fell on top of the WR and took the ball. Game speed it was a tossup but the replay was clear as day.

It wasn't a pick, but it was 4th down and it was probably an incompletion. I thought the tip of the ball hit the ground right after he caught it. It remains irrelevant, they weren't going to drive under the circumstances.