Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 05:47 PM)
Northwestern 8-4 after upsetting Wisconsin. This NU team has developed into a damn good one. Onto bowl speculation...

Pat Fitzgerald is one of the most likable coaches in college football. Wonder if a bigger program comes calling sooner or later.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 22, 2009 -> 11:49 PM)
Oklahoma -11 @ Texas Tech

Might have to actually take up betting for that one. OU has lost their last two trips to Lubbock and needs some serious payback for the year changing raping last year in Norman.

Oh well, UNC and TTU should be in some of the pre-season top 25 polls, should be another fun year.

Looks like that was a pretty good prediction. :chair

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 01:47 PM)
If by draped you mean a bigger minority than most road games, possibly. You make me root against Ohio State.

No joke. This board has made me just hate anything to do with Kansas and Ohio State. The homerism is just like a stench.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 09:13 PM)
No joke. This board has made me just hate anything to do with Kansas and Ohio State. The homerism is just like a stench.

How should fans of a team act that wouldnt upset you so much? Homerism is rampant on this board, you included, for whatever team they support.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 11:45 PM)
notre dmae is goin to a bcs game dude!! their skeduel is so e-z!!!!!!1

I said if they don't go to a BCS game that he's fired.

The schedule was a 8-9 win schedule if they had played like they know that they can.

I'll never understand the ND hate. We don't go around ripping on your teams so why do you guys hate ND?

Great Game to attend today. Not. It was fun while it lasted Charlie.

So who should we hire Jim Harbaugh, Brian Kelly, Urban Meyer(If he would leave florida), Pat Fitzgerald? Personally I want Kelly.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 07:33 PM)
Pat Fitzgerald is one of the most likable coaches in college football. Wonder if a bigger program comes calling sooner or later.

He just signed a long extension at NU and I really think he wants to be there. It's where he went to school after all.

As for ND hate, it's generally the arrogance of a school/fanbase in the middle of Indiana that's too good for a conference and too good to not be on national TV every week. This coming from a program that has had one good season in the last several. All the attention gets annoying when it's no longer deserved.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 11:55 PM)
He just signed a long extension at NU and I really think he wants to be there. It's where he went to school after all.

At Northwestern I don't believe he can ever have BCS success. It's sad I know I love him because he went to my high school, and I hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 10:44 AM)
Funny how a bunch of people you never meet can make you hate a university. Anyways, I have heard 3 names in the "search" for Mangino's replacement.

Edsall

Holtz

Gill

This is going to be a long offseason for the Rock Chalkers.

I've probably made you hate ISU :P haha

Well, one of the UT players had all charges dropped today from that incident 2 weeks ago. Video cameras showed he wasn't involved. Our team is so banged up right now, his probable return should help.

FYI, Tennessee has lost 20 scholarship players from this point last season to now (14 left program/kicked out, 6 season ending injuries - 5 of which on defense). I think that shows even more what an amazing job Lane Kiffin and this staff has done this year. But, I'm worried about Kentucky this week. We're missing half of our defense.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 01:12 PM)
Jealous of success?? Fan of the underdog syndrome? I like being the national powerhouse and having people hate it...oh wait this is the football board......

We are the only homers apparently. Although reading the first several pages of this thread......

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 02:00 PM)
I know you're an Illini hater, but do you really believe that they're returning "crap?" Illinois is damn talented. Maybe overrated, but you make it sound like they're gonna have a losing record again, which will 100% not happen.

Sorry to bring this up because I have nothing against you personally, but I took a lot of heat for saying Illinois wasn't going to be good this year. The talent level may be there, but it's certainly on Zook that they are this bad 2 years in a row.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 04:49 PM)
Sorry to bring this up because I have nothing against you personally, but I took a lot of heat for saying Illinois wasn't going to be good this year. The talent level may be there, but it's certainly on Zook that they are this bad 2 years in a row.

So you may be half way right. My main argument was on the talent level, not the coaching at lllinois. You said they had a "crap" roster. I didn't agree with that then and I still don't agree with that. They have lots of talent. The coaching staff, however... that's another whole discussion.

I definitely was wrong about the losing record thing, though.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 04:26 PM)
You're still not really right, though. My argument was on the talent level, not the coaching at lllinois. You said they had a "crap" roster. I didn't agree with that then and I still don't agree with that. They have lots of talent. The coaching staff, however... that's another whole discussion.

It's a fine line. My point is that they had a bad team the year before, returned a bad team, remained a bad team. Coaching is clearly the problem, but I stand by what I said.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 04:30 PM)
It's a fine line. My point is that they had a bad team the year before, returned a bad team, remained a bad team. Coaching is clearly the problem, but I stand by what I said.

But aren't you contradicting yourself? You can't call it a bad team and then say coaching is clearly the problem. Here's the issue:

Illinois has a talented bunch of players. They are not a team. THAT is on the coaching staff which is why Zook should go (and I love me some Ron Zook). Enthusiasm only takes you so far.