Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 11:07 PM)
It's a lot better then being 6-6 last year and getting destroyed in games? or the year before?

I think it shows they could have been anywhere from 3-9 this season to 9-3 this season if things went one way or another. It's not positive I'm just sad knowing what this team could have done with a defense worth a s***.

Well my main point was the were leaning more towards the 3-9 than 9-3 for sure..

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 05:14 PM)
SIU whips EIU 48-7. Eastern hadnt allowed a 100 yard rusher all season, and SIU put two on them today(QB McIntosh 155 yards, RB Karim 115 yards).

Bring on William and Mary

I can't wait for the game next weekend. This is gonna be fun

Almost a huge brawl at the end of the USC-UCLA game. USC was taking knees up 14 with under a minute to go but UCLA was still calling timeouts. So on 3rd down USC ran a play action pass and scored a TD and then celebrated pretty extensively on their sideline. The UCLA started heading towards the USC sideline and got over half way there before they were stopped.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 10:55 PM)
6 losses for Notre Dame, all 6 of them came down the to the final minute.

It's sad knowing that Jimmy and Golden are probably gone after seeing the show they put on tonight. Thanks D for being absolutely awful all season.

Not sad for them since it was Golden's brother that punched Jimmy in the eye.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 12:50 AM)
Almost a huge brawl at the end of the USC-UCLA game. USC was taking knees up 14 with under a minute to go but UCLA was still calling timeouts. So on 3rd down USC ran a play action pass and scored a TD and then celebrated pretty extensively on their sideline. The UCLA started heading towards the USC sideline and got over half way there before they were stopped.

Nothing wrong with what USC did there, UCLA was calling timeouts so they were still playing which means USC should still be playing too. I'd feel sympathy for UCLA if they wearn't calling timeouts and USC did that.

I'm late to the party, but Pete Carroll should never b*tch about another team running up the score on them. I don't care if UCLA was using time outs, they weren't going to come back and win. If Carroll didn't complan about Harbaugh a couple of weeks ago, I'd be more on his side after Saturday's game.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 12:50 AM)

UCLA totally asked for it. If they want to act like the game is still in play by calling TOs, they need to respect USC doing the same thing and going for a score.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 09:13 PM)
UCLA totally asked for it. If they want to act like the game is still in play by calling TOs, they need to respect USC doing the same thing and going for a score.

I'd feel the same way, if Carroll didn't b*tch and moan about what Stanford did to them.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 09:21 PM)
I'd feel the same way, if Carroll didn't b*tch and moan about what Stanford did to them.

Carroll was Knee'ing the ball to end the game and not run up the score, and clearly UCLA wanted no part of that. So if UCLA is still playing, then USC should still be playing too.

Carroll did nothing wrong.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 10:04 PM)
Carroll was Knee'ing the ball to end the game and not run up the score, and clearly UCLA wanted no part of that. So if UCLA is still playing, then USC should still be playing too.

Carroll did nothing wrong.

Except cry about Stanford running the score up on them, even though USC does it whenever they can.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)
They would have because the Fiesta Bowl wanted to take a BCS eligible Big 12 team. They would have taken them over Boise, not Iowa or Penn State.

Iowa/PSU are going to the Orange Bowl. I believe that is the first bowl that will be picking this year and they want one of the Big 10 schools.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 01:03 PM)
Iowa/PSU are going to the Orange Bowl. I believe that is the first bowl that will be picking this year and they want one of the Big 10 schools.

I still dont believe that PSU can get selected over a team that beat them. Iowa deserves a BCS bid IMO. PSU wasnt impressive against ranked teams.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 10:38 AM)
Except cry about Stanford running the score up on them, even though USC does it whenever they can.

Ok, but back to Saturday's game Carroll was taking knees, and not running up the score so he did nothing wrong Saturday. Once UCLA calls timeout it's fair game.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 01:03 PM)

You think they'll take either school over TCU?