Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Dec 3, 2009 -> 10:46 PM)
Mangino lost control, have no idea what happened or what caused it. Now, who becomes our next coach, I am hoping for Harbaugh.

Is Bill Self stepping down too? Cause the only way Harbaugh goes from Stanford to Kansas is if he can become the head basketball coach.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 3, 2009 -> 12:55 PM)
They're right and you're right. However, they took a ton of fans last time.

The point being is why does the commish of the conference say anything at all? There's no obligation in the Big 12 bowl agreements according to record.

All the conference schools split up bowl revenue anyways. It should matter one iota to Beebe who the Insight takes. His job should be marketing the conference on a national scale, not marketing one school over another. Why does he not mention that an A&M team that is also 6-6 would also be selected to the Independence Bowl over Mizzou? Or that a 7 win OU team would get selected 3 spots ahead?

Too bad the Big 10 would never take ISU.

In a lot of ways, I think ISU would fit better in the Big 10 than the Big 12. Funny though, that would mean the Big 10 would have 12 teams, and the Big 12 would have 11 teams.

Not gonna happen in any case.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 4, 2009 -> 06:35 AM)
Is ESPN360 free or is it an Insider subscription deal? I want to watch the SIU/William&Mary game Saturday and need to know if I have to pick up a copy of ESPN the Magazine so I have Insider

It's free, but your internet provider has to support it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 3, 2009 -> 07:07 PM)
Theres no way they would announce within the week since their targets are all going to bowl games. Coaches simply wouldnt do that IMO, especially Kelly. If it is true, I hope domers realize tht defense is once again not going to be played in South Bend.

Brian Kelly was announced as Cincy's coach on Dec. 3rd the and coached them in their Bowl game that year...

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 4, 2009 -> 05:00 PM)
It's free, but your internet provider has to support it.

One of the more f-ed up things on the web

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2009/06/cab...-video-charges/

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2009/02/espn-stands-fir/

ESPN knows they can make more money by making the major ISPs pay a lump sum than charging for individual subscriber fees. They're trying to treat it like it's cable television. If you have the wrong ISP, ESPN won't even let you pay to subscribe. For people who don't use it but do have a major ISP, it's almost a tax imposed by a private company.

Edited by JorgeFabregas

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 01:03 PM)
I was hearing he is being projected as 1st round talent, but never got much of a chance to show it. Think he still goes first round?

I don't think so. He is a first round talent IMO, but he hasn't put up good numbers and I don't think he will be a great combine guy. He also has been consistently banged up although he is tough enough where he plays through it. He has a tough decision to make, go pro and you are probably a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Come back, hopefully play with a better QB and stay healthy and he has a chance to be a 1st round pick. Of course there is a lot more risk in the 2nd scenario (injuries, lack of production, depth of next years WR class, etc.).

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 01:44 PM)
Benn's going to go pro. He's already #3 on McShay's WR rankings, and with the rookie salary cap coming in 2011, I just can't see many players returning next year that are draft eligible.

Wow I'm surprised he is that high after the last couple of seasons, he is that type of talent though. If he is a 1st round pick you definitely go. He won't be a great combine guy though so we will see what happens.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 01:47 PM)
Wow I'm surprised he is that high after the last couple of seasons, he is that type of talent though. If he is a 1st round pick you definitely go. He won't be a great combine guy though so we will see what happens.

Look at guys like Antonio Cromartie. He played 2 years at nickel and KR/PR and tore his ACL before his junior year where he was potentially going to play WR and DB. He still went in the 1st round. He didn't do much at the combine either since he was hurt.