Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 12:44 PM)
Benn's going to go pro. He's already #3 on McShay's WR rankings, and with the rookie salary cap coming in 2011, I just can't see many players returning next year that are draft eligible.

Me as well, especially with Benn considering he's on a squad that doesn't come close to utilizing him.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 02:13 PM)
Some mocks already have Benn going 16 or so, so there is a very good chance that he gets picked in the first round.

He's an elite talent. Scouts can easily see that. He's been wasted for 3 years due to inept QB play and just a bad offense overall since he's been here (well, not including the rose bowl year when we had Mendenhall).

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 02:47 PM)
Weirdest ending I've ever seen in the Illinois/Fresno game.

Pretty fitting way to end the season for the fighting Zookers. Finished 1-3 in non-conference, way to schedule em RG. Although when you give up 53 points to a WAC team, theres not many teams you are gonna beat.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)
Although when you give up 53 points to a WAC team, theres not many teams you are gonna beat.

That's ignorant to the quality of Fresno State. They're not a bad team at all. It's a solid program with a good coach.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 03:40 PM)
That's ignorant to the quality of Fresno State. They're not a bad team at all. It's a solid program with a good coach.

Yeah, you are right. I wasnt trying to discredit Fresno State's quality, but that was the most points they have scored all season, which Illinois shouldn't be allowing.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 03:54 PM)
Yeah, you are right. I wasnt trying to discredit Fresno State's quality, but that was the most points they have scored all season, which Illinois shouldn't be allowing.

True. It was funny when the BTN sideline reporter interviewed Hill after the game and he was offended by her saying it was a shock to Big Ten nation or something stupid.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 04:17 PM)
True. It was funny when the BTN sideline reporter interviewed Hill after the game and he was offended by her saying it was a shock to Big Ten nation or something stupid.

Haha. The same Fresno State team that took Wisconsin to double OT at Camp Randall in September. Oh yeah, what a shock.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 07:22 PM)
So what's the Championship game then? Texas and Bama? I'm assuming there's no way Nebraska wins.

Nebraska shutting down Texas so far with 2 picks of McCoy. Huskers up 6-0 in the first. They are gonna have to start scoring TDs soon cause Texas is probably gonna break out at some point