Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 1, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
With his kicker out, I don't know that he had a choice but to try to win it. It was a great game though.

Disagree since it was a chip shot, NW should have won anyway.

And congrats on having the worst field of all the bowl games Capital One bowl committee. It would be better if they just played in a swamp.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 1, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)

And congrats on having the worst field of all the bowl games Capital One bowl committee. It would be better if they just played in a swamp.

At that point yes. Next drive? Who knows. I go for the win too.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 1, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
In terms of pure game play, maybe. But I would argue USC-Texas for the NC and Boise State Oklahoma were better, purely for the significance of the games.

well yeah, but that was last decade ;)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 1, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
At that point yes. Next drive? Who knows. I go for the win too.

Exactly. NU was at a disadvantage going forward. I wouldn't have done it, but I don't dislike the call.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 1, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)

Florida Citrus Sports might be the dumbest committee of all time. In the past 3 weeks, the Citrus Bowl has hosted 8 state high school title games, the Champs Bowl and now the Capital One Bowl. Just idiotic. UCF plays 30 minutes away so they need to start moving some of the HS games to that stadium. And not have 2 bowl games within 72 hours.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jan 1, 2010 -> 06:36 PM)
man Pryor is a terrible quarterback

He only outgained the entire Oregon team on one leg without 2 of his top receivers.

Good win. I'm glad all that was talked about all week was how fast and great Oregon's offense was, it took alot of pressure off Pryor and the Bucks offense.