Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 1, 2010 -> 07:23 PM)
He only outgained the entire Oregon team on one leg without 2 of his top receivers.

Good win. I'm glad all that was talked about all week was how fast and great Oregon's offense was, it took alot of pressure off Pryor and the Bucks offense.

:notworthy

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jan 1, 2010 -> 08:36 PM)
Why is Brenneman calling a game with Tebow in it? Did no one learn from last year?

Because evidently spending only 15 minutes around Tebow doesnt make you a better human being. Guess he needed another 15 minutes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 1, 2010 -> 08:23 PM)
He only outgained the entire Oregon team on one leg without 2 of his top receivers.

Good win. I'm glad all that was talked about all week was how fast and great Oregon's offense was, it took alot of pressure off Pryor and the Bucks offense.

Nice to see Tressel actually put Pryor in a position to have a good game. Not just running the ball up the gut 2 times and chucking it down field on 3rd down. Short quick passes and low risk rollouts worked perfect against Oregon tonight. Needs to do that more next year except the night Miami comes to town!

I didn't see most of the game, but that could be saying something about your defense more than Pryor.

I never said he wasn't a good football player.. just simply from the quarterback standpoint, hes not that good.. either way, they won as I expected..

Good day for the Big Ten.

Great game with NU, but very disappointing loss. Demos single-handedly blew the Wildcats oppurtunities of winning their 1st bowl game in 60+ years... Congrats, what a wonderful way to end your career as a football player. 4 missed kicks (1 that would have for sure won it), and shanked punts left and right.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 12:30 AM)
I never said he wasn't a good football player.. just simply from the quarterback standpoint, hes not that good.. either way, they won as I expected..

He reminds me of Donovan McNabb before he learned how to pocket pass more successfully.

I think the ligament tear actually helped him because it required him to actually look for receiver options because he knew that he couldn't run as much as he could before the tear.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 07:26 AM)
He reminds me of Donovan McNabb before he learned how to pocket pass more successfully.

I think the ligament tear actually helped him because it required him to actually look for receiver options because he knew that he couldn't run as much as he could before the tear.

Gotta remember he's a true sophomore as well with a young receiving core and O-line.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 07:14 AM)
3rd bowl win in school history. Pretty nice, two seasons after going 2-10.

It's a really hollow 7 win season with how it was done, but ya gotta start somewhere. Gets a bit more difficult next year.

Sat, Sep 04 Northern Illinois Ames, Iowa TBA

Sat, Sep 11 Iowa at Iowa City, Iowa TBA

Sat, Sep 18 Utah Ames, Iowa TBA

Sat, Sep 25 Northern Iowa Ames, Iowa TBA

Sat, Oct 02 Texas Tech (Family Weekend) * Ames, Iowa TBA

Sat, Oct 09 Kansas State * at Kansas City, Mo. TBA

Sat, Oct 16 Oklahoma * at Norman, Okla. TBA

Sat, Oct 23 Texas * at Austin, Texas TBA

Sat, Oct 30 Kansas (Homecoming) * Ames, Iowa TBA

Sat, Nov 06 Nebraska * Ames, Iowa TBA

Sat, Nov 13 Colorado * at Boulder, Colo. TBA

Sat, Nov 20 Missouri * Ames, Iowa

I think there's six wins in there, just not sure where. Probably NIU, UNI, KSU, KU, CU are 5 we can get, gotta find one more elsewhere.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 06:59 PM)
I could easily see the Cyclones going 7-5 or even 8-4. I think Paul Rhoads is a fantastic coach.

That'd be a minor miracle. The thing we have going for us is we don't lose many impact guys, and have suitable replacements for the ones we do lose.

Should have the best OL and RB in the North, with a more than qualified QB. The defense will remain a question mark.

The s***ty thing is, we should have been 7-5 coming in, with wins against KSU and KU instead of Nebraska.