Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 10:55 PM)
TCU should be thankful they didnt get matched up with Florida.

Both should be. TCU has a great defense, but Dalton was just terrible tonight. The thing that separates TCU and Boise from other 'high scoring' teams is that they have real defenses. Heck, TCU was known as a defensive team before they ran through the MWC.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 01:34 AM)
Both should be. TCU has a great defense, but Dalton was just terrible tonight. The thing that separates TCU and Boise from other 'high scoring' teams is that they have real defenses. Heck, TCU was known as a defensive team before they ran through the MWC.

Florida would maul TCU. Florida has a better defense than BSU and TCU could barely move the ball on them whatsoever. Clearly their offensive production was a product of who they played during the season. They faced really 3 teams with a good defense and scored well below their avg PPG. Florida's offense is better than BSU as well. This was a good and even matchup, but I still think there is quite a bit of a talent gap between these schools and a Fla, Texas and Bama.

Take a look at what a team like Cincy did against Fla. They couldnt score until Fla put the second team in. This was a team in a major BCS conference putting up 40 points a game. Granted they arent even close to what TCU or Boise are defensively, so Fla may only put up 24 or so points on them instead of the 70 they couldve hung on Cincy.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)
TCU has some nice looking cheerleaders. They are right up there in the cheerleader bowl.

Um, yeah. Whatever happened in the football game, I think TCU still came out as the winner last night. Heres a Boise State cheering section:

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 10:09 AM)
Um, yeah. Whatever happened in the football game, I think TCU still came out as the winner last night. Heres a Boise State cheering section:

The BSU fans in general looked quite hillbillyish. I enjoyed the constant cutovers to the TCU dance team section, fantastic. I have to put them at or a tick below the Oregon cheerleaders.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 06:37 PM)
Alright ramblin wreck, let's see what you've got...

Not a lot of punts, not a lot of defense, not a lot of fans, and a whole lot of yards on the ground. I think Iowa wins this game 27-13. I'm just praying for a split today for GT, as they have a big basketball game at 6PM against Georgia. If GT loses both....it's going to be a long night for me!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 01:05 PM)
Not a lot of punts, not a lot of defense, not a lot of fans, and a whole lot of yards on the ground. I think Iowa wins this game 27-13. I'm just praying for a split today for GT, as they have a big basketball game at 6PM against Georgia. If GT loses both....it's going to be a long night for me!

Not sure why people think Iowa's offense will be all too dynamic.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 07:30 PM)
Not sure why people think Iowa's offense will be all too dynamic.

Put it this way: GT's defense would make a baseball lineup with Mark Kotsay as the DH seem dynamic. They have one superstar defensive player, and then the other 10 players suck!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 11:05 AM)

Come on Hawkeyes!!

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 03:49 PM)
Ah, the vaunted Cyclones D.

Iowa could be really dangerous with a good QB and a legit WR threat aside from McNutt.

I was joking. IMO the best thing that could happen to Iowa would be if Stanzi missed the plane.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
I was joking. IMO the best thing that could happen to Iowa would be if Stanzi missed the plane.

It's weird, I'd say that ISU and Iowa have very similar offensive talent (certainly not on D).

Jacory Harris had surgery on his throwing thumb. He's played with a torn ligament in his thumb dating back to the UNC game on November 14th. Might explain the significant drop off in play the last month of so of the season. Out only a month so that's good.