Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 04:23 PM)
He couldn't have come in in any capacity at all? Even run an option or a shovel pass? Nothing? Hell, even a decoy. I know if I was a player on Texas, I'd still feel a bit slighted. And I know for a fact that there are at least a few guys on that team who aren't the biggest McCoy fans right now. It's going to be annoying listening to people suck his dick for a while.

Dude, if you can't throw a 7 yard pass there is pretty little value in you. Clearly he can't play.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 01:27 AM)
Dude, if you can't throw a 7 yard pass there is pretty little value in you. Clearly he can't play.

People keep saying McCoy was less hurt than he was, as he didn't want to return to the game and hurt his draft stock. It's likely the exact opposite, and his injury is more severe than they're letting on but he wants to rehab it as much as he can prior to the combine.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 05:09 PM)
Why the hate for Pete Carroll? He's awesome. Cocky as s*** and backs it up. Plus, he has a sense of humor unlike a lot of over-the-top, too serious coaches out there. He'd be an awesome coach to play for.

Because I'm also convinced he's a dirty recruiter.

Yeah, it's pretty poor for people to be calling out Colt. I wasn't his biggest fan, but clearly, if you can't throw a 7 yard pass, you're not going to make it. I applaud him for doing his darnest to get Gilbert ready for the 2nd half. He had confidence in Garrett when Garrett didn't have any.

It was a great game and both QB's did all they could. I wanted Alabama to win before the game started, but I kind of wish it was given to Texas after the fact.

I also think the injury is much more major than what Colt is letting on. He said it didn't hurt, just felt numb. His coaches and almost everyone at Texas didn't want him to play so he didn't hurt his draft status. They were even saying this on the telecast. I would feel the same as Colt. He worked 4 hard years for that game and it was ripped away like Tonya Harding hitting Nancy Kerrigan with a lead pipe.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 01:45 AM)
Yeah, it's pretty poor for people to be calling out Colt. I wasn't his biggest fan, but clearly, if you can't throw a 7 yard pass, you're not going to make it. I applaud him for doing his darnest to get Gilbert ready for the 2nd half. He had confidence in Garrett when Garrett didn't have any.

It was a great game and both QB's did all they could. I wanted Alabama to win before the game started, but I kind of wish it was given to Texas after the fact.

I also think the injury is much more major than what Colt is letting on. He said it didn't hurt, just felt numb. His coaches and almost everyone at Texas didn't want him to play so he didn't hurt his draft status. They were even saying this on the telecast. I would feel the same as Colt. He worked 4 hard years for that game and it was ripped away like Tonya Harding hitting Nancy Kerrigan with a lead pipe.

Where's ptatc to describe the mechanism of the injury?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 07:27 PM)
Where's ptatc to describe the mechanism of the injury?

It's been described as if you slept on your arm all night, and being that I do that all the time and I have s***ty circulation, I understand. Sometimes I cant open a door when I wake up in the morning. McCoy has been a warrior in the NCAA the last several years and anyone who said he stayed out because of the draft is f***ing retarded.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 06:23 PM)
He couldn't have come in in any capacity at all? Even run an option or a shovel pass? Nothing? Hell, even a decoy. I know if I was a player on Texas, I'd still feel a bit slighted. And I know for a fact that there are at least a few guys on that team who aren't the biggest McCoy fans right now. It's going to be annoying listening to people suck his dick for a while.

LOL, what the hell does that accomplish?

Unbelievable.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)
Tommy Tuberville to Texas Tech. :headbang

Those e-mails involving the AD, chancellor and a booster are coming true. The booster's line (paraphrasing) 'I promise our chances of getting a better coach are better than him getting a better job.' Tech got a better coach. Where's Leach's better job? Funny how that worked out.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 02:15 PM)
Those e-mails involving the AD, chancellor and a booster are coming true. The booster's line (paraphrasing) 'I promise our chances of getting a better coach are better than him getting a better job.' Tech got a better coach. Where's Leach's better job? Funny how that worked out.

Tech got a good coach at a cheaper price. There's still a big Leach rally scheduled for the 14th though, that should be fun.

Still, Tuberville is keeping the offense in place, and just adding a defense. LB coach James Willis at Alabama is expected to be the new DC.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)
People keep saying McCoy was less hurt than he was, as he didn't want to return to the game and hurt his draft stock. It's likely the exact opposite, and his injury is more severe than they're letting on but he wants to rehab it as much as he can prior to the combine.

I never once thought that, personally. I sorta always assumed that if McCoy could have been back, he would have been, and I don't think he really cared about his NFL stock. Hell, I personally didn't think he was a first day pick. If anything, I think his stock would have soared had he been able to come back and win the game.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 12:36 AM)
McCoy seems like a good guy and all, but there is no doubt in my mind the only reason why he didn't come back was because of his NFL future. And yeah, that is the smart move in the long run, but I still feel he completely abandoned his teammates. Plus, that clip of him chit chatting with VY and smiling and joking made me sick. Seriously, your team is about to lose the NC, and your joking around? Your not in the game, but your teammates still look towards you.

And yeah, they reported he wanted to come back in but was recommended not to, but thats BS. Since the x-ray was negative, there was no medical reason that could prevent him from coming back. If he really, truly, wanted to come back in, there was nothing that could have stopped him. I would have at least liked to see him attempt to throw a pass on the sideline.

Also, its a shame many of the lesser bowls were far more exciting than all of the BCS bowls. Best bowl game this season, Outback or GMAC? or other?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 06:23 PM)

Wow. Nice posts there by you two.

There's no one that gets to a championship game and wants to come out. No one. Ever.

I'm no huge Texas fan, either... but saying that McCoy didn't want to play or should have been a decoy or that his teammates hate him or whatever for this is a pretty damn stupid thing to say.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 11:46 AM)
That is never a good call. You make a call like that, that early in the game, if you don't think you have a shot in hell to win.

Its the NC, you don't hold anything back. Obviously it was a play they practiced and if it was there, which it was, it could have been huge. You gotta take chances and risks, its the last game of the season and the last football game ever for a lot of seniors. Gotta go for it all.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 10:56 PM)
Wow. Nice posts there by you two.

There's no one that gets to a championship game and wants to come out. No one. Ever.

I'm no huge Texas fan, either... but saying that McCoy didn't want to play or should have been a decoy or that his teammates hate him or whatever for this is a pretty damn stupid thing to say.

Its you last collegiate game ever, and the NC. My arm would have to be ripped off before I ever left the field. Hell, maybe he couldn't throw, but one of McCoy's biggest assests is his ability to run the ball. You could have rotated QB's to take some of the pressure off of Gilbert. Run a lot of the zone read or option with him.

I firmly believe his NFL future played a HUGE factor in his decision.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 11:09 PM)
Its you last collegiate game ever, and the NC. My arm would have to be ripped off before I ever left the field. Hell, maybe he couldn't throw, but one of McCoy's biggest assests is his ability to run the ball. You could have rotated QB's to take some of the pressure off of Gilbert. Run a lot of the zone read or option with him.

A quarterback that can't throw the ball is useless. McCoy is smart enough to know that.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 11:09 PM)

And his arm was ripped off. What part of that can't you understand?

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 11:12 PM)
And his arm was ripped off. What part of that can't you understand?

The fact that he was joking around with VY, and showed full movement of his arm on the sidelines leads me to believe he could have gone back in.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 07:30 PM)
It's been described as if you slept on your arm all night, and being that I do that all the time and I have s***ty circulation, I understand. Sometimes I cant open a door when I wake up in the morning. McCoy has been a warrior in the NCAA the last several years and anyone who said he stayed out because of the draft is f***ing retarded.

Oh, so because my opinion is different than yours im "f***ing retarded."

Im sure you know exactly what was going on in Colt's mind at that moment, and IM sure you were in the locker room when everyone was discussing the matter at hand.

I never once acted like I knew for a fact McCoy sat out because of the NFL draft. However, in my opinion, hell yeah it played it a huge factor in his decision. It was HIS decision, not anyone else's, and HE chose to sit out.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 11:25 PM)
Oh, so because my opinion is different than yours im "f***ing retarded."

Im sure you know exactly what was going on in Colt's mind at that moment, and IM sure you were in the locker room when everyone was discussing the matter at hand.

I never once acted like I knew for a fact McCoy sat out because of the NFL draft. However, in my opinion, hell yeah it played it a huge factor in his decision. It was HIS decision, not anyone else's, and HE chose to sit out.

I'd like you to sleep on your dominant arm tonight. When you wake up, before you go piss, I want you to take a football or baseball, and attempt to throw it straight and accurately past 7 yards. No warm up throws, just flat out throwing it. If anything, Colt's status would've skyrocketed if he came back into the game to lead them to the national championship.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 11:15 PM)
The fact that he was joking around with VY, and showed full movement of his arm on the sidelines leads me to believe he could have gone back in.

I think you missed the part where he couldn't throw a seven yard pass to his dad...