Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

In the only PHF cares department, Texas Tech hired Troy's OC Neal Brown and is getting ready to hire Alabama LB coach James Willis to be the DC. I love the hires, Brown ran the 3rd best offense in the nation yardage wise this year, one spot ahead of Texas Tech's offense. Willis has the credibility, and recruiting ability to be a great hire.

Although Notre Dame is trying to poach QB Scotty Young and WR Kadron Boone away. :fight

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 07:29 PM)
Lane Kiffin to USC according to ESPN.

Very fitting. He will clean up that program. :lolhitting

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Too funny. He f***ed over Tennessee, I'm incredibly not shocked. This is just classic.

Monte and Orgeron going with. Tennessee's great staff is now USC's great staff. The Trojans made the best hire, that is if their program doesn't get destroyed.

LMAO Kiffin is such a douche

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 07:29 PM)
Lane Kiffin to USC according to ESPN.

Very fitting. He will clean up that program. :lolhitting

Nu'keese. COME ON DOWN!!!

Edited by KyYlE23

Come on....USC >>> UNC when it comes to college football. I agree the sanctions are an issue but Butch Davis would be a great hire and I think he'd take the right job (ie, a power-house Football program).

Its not about which is the better football school. Its about which school provides the better opportunity going forward. If I was a coach, I would have had serious reservations about leaving a solid job, for the uncertainty of USC. If USC had no baggage, then obviously USC >>>> UNC.

Kiffin is the exact type of coach I figured they could nab.

A super young coach who could have a career after the sanctions with USC. At Tenn Kiffin was a medium fish in a huge pond. At USC hes the big fish in a small pond, and if his plan is to make this a permanent stop, the only way he would ever have a shot was if USC was under a cloud.

If USC had no questions, Kiffin isnt the next coach.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
Why wouldn't they come here? It's the best city in the country

Obviously, best city in the country is arguable and arbitrary and quite irrelevant in this discussion.

there's no pro teams to compete with for news coverage.

You obviously mean football here, because the Lakers, Dodgers, and Angels would disagree with that.

Even if there are sanctions, they won't last forever.

They just might last long enough to get him fired or in deeper s*** if he (now Kiffin, but when the post was made, it was whoever) further dip into a dirty well.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)
Carroll will be back at USC in 3 years after Kiffin is done s***ting on it and Pete runs the Seahawks back into the ground.

With Chow as OC, Monte as DC and Orgeron recruiting, I could coach that team to 10 wins a season.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 05:41 PM)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Too funny. He f***ed over Tennessee, I'm incredibly not shocked. This is just classic.

Monte and Orgeron going with. Tennessee's great staff is now USC's great staff. The Trojans made the best hire, that is if their program doesn't get destroyed.

Great hire by USC. Looking forward to see Evan's comments :)

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 10:13 PM)
With Chow as OC, Monte as DC and Orgeron recruiting, I could coach that team to 10 wins a season.

Kiffin and USC are putting together quite the coaching staff.

Am I the only one who thinks this will work out good for both Carroll and Kiffin?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 12:09 AM)
Great hire by USC. Looking forward to see Evan's comments :)

f*** this s***. I never thought that f***ing bastard would stay for a long time, but 1 year??? Go f*** yourself, Lane. You too, Carroll, for leaving USC.

I mean, the worst part isn't losing him as a coach, but it's the fact that we're gonna have to go through another rebuilding year and I'm sure our Top 10 recruiting class just went down the drain. It doesn't matter who we hire - it's too late in the game to have a big enough impact to save the recruits we had. We're gonna lose so much. Plus, who the hell are we gonna get now that all the big coaching hires have been made. I wanted Brian Kelly last year as my top choice, but now he's gone to ND. I honestly have no clue what we're going to do. We're pretty much f***ed...

Phillip Fullmer or Johnny Majors might be available.

Seriously though, they need to scout the successful FCA (1AA) coaches and offer one a mammoth deal.

Montana

S. Illinois

SD State

SC State

Butler

Dayton

Appalachian St

Kiffins departure conference lasted 66 seconds and he didnt thank any UT personnel. What a classy guy. Lots of rumors going around that Orgeron is contacting UT recruits and encouraging them to jump ship as well

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 12:09 AM)
Kiffin and USC are putting together quite the coaching staff.

Am I the only one who thinks this will work out good for both Carroll and Kiffin?

I think this will wind up working out terrible for Kiffin, because he's going to face like a 5 year+ postseason ban to clean up for Carroll's dirty work.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 07:38 AM)
Kiffins departure conference lasted 66 seconds and he didnt thank any UT personnel. What a classy guy. Lots of rumors going around that Orgeron is contacting UT recruits and encouraging them to jump ship as well

It was classier than that. He came into the room originally and objected to the presence of cameras, told them to remove the cameras and left, came back and there were still a few cameras in the room, so he then made his statement and left without taking questions.

He spent probably 3 minutes longer than that talking to the actual team.