Dbacks, O's, Braves Scout Sox; Why?

Chisoxfn

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 01:37 PM)
Levine said KW has been rejected twice by the Dbacks about Haren....don't know if that has anything to do with it.. but interesting none the less to know KW is askin about Haren.

Well. if Haren is being talked about, I find it encouraging that the DBacks are at least interested enough to send scouts. Fields has played 2 of the last 3 right? Torres and Richard have shown what they can do. If you gotta give up the farm to get a stud starting pitcher, I'd rather give the overwhelming offer to the Dback for Haren than to the BJays for Halladay. Something is brewing.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 11:53 AM)
I bet the Sox are looking at Qualls

I don't think the Sox are trading for a reliever unless they dump a reliever. I really think they are going hard after Haren.

Would you guys do Richard/Poreda/Hudson/Flowers/Shelby (or Fields or Anderson) for Haren?

I would. Would the Dbacks?

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 11:37 AM)
Levine said KW has been rejected twice by the Dbacks about Haren....don't know if that has anything to do with it.. but interesting none the less to know KW is askin about Haren.

Was this recent?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 01:56 PM)
I don't think the Sox are trading for a reliever unless they dump a reliever. I really think they are going hard after Haren.

Would you guys do Richard/Poreda/Hudson/Flowers/Shelby (or Fields or Anderson) for Haren?

I would love Haren, but I have to think KW is trying to upgrade the righthanded setup guy dramatically because of the failure of Linebrink and Dotel so far. If he could pawn off Dotel on the Braves, then also flip some prospects for Qualls I think he would do just that.

In a perfect world I would like Linebrink to be dealt, but that contract and recent results just dont show that as being possible IMO

Odd thing for Steve Stone to say. The trivia question had Carlos Pena, McGriff and Abrey Huff as possible answers. Stone Pony read the three names and said "One of those guys will be traded before the deadline. You figure out which one." Unusual that he would say that someone on another team was going to be traded. Why would we care? What positions can Huff still play. He's played mostly 1B and DH this year. Can he still play 3rd or LF? That would make Fields expendable and Huff the Q backup plan. With the O's scouts mentioned in paper, I thought that was an interesting side comment by Stone.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 02:48 PM)
You let them pick any four players in the organization. Buehrle-Old Danks-Floyd-Quentin-Beckham are totally off the table. They want someone like Lexi, obviously the package changes a bit, but again, those five are totally off the table, everyone else is fair game for Haren,

If you can have a 1-4 of Haren-Buehrle-Floyd-Danks(R-L-R-L) for the next two-three years, you make it happen.

I have already made that trade on MLB the Show...it looks good on the game. Of course on the video game it took far less than in real life.

Yes in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 02:48 PM)
You let them pick any four players in the organization. Buehrle-Old Danks-Floyd-Quentin-Beckham are totally off the table. They want someone like Lexi, obviously the package changes a bit, but again, those five are totally off the table, everyone else is fair game for Haren,

If you can have a 1-4 of Haren-Buehrle-Floyd-Danks(R-L-R-L) for the next two-three years, you make it happen.

I might move Alexei in a package for Haren. In fact, he’s one of the few players in baseball I’d actually consider moving Alexei for. However, I would not make such a trade until after the season for two reasons. First, I don’t like our options at 3B if we lose Alexei and shift Beckham back to SS. Sure we could acquire someone, but it’s going to cost a lot to get someone of Alexei’s caliber who’s not a base-clogger at 3B. Second, I don’t like moving any significant major league pieces for Haren right now. He’s got a bad history of falling off in the 2nd half. That doesn’t automatically mean he won’t be successful with us, but there is still some inherent risk. If it only costs minor league talent, then I’m totally down with making the move now.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 01:51 PM)
Well. if Haren is being talked about, I find it encouraging that the DBacks are at least interested enough to send scouts. Fields has played 2 of the last 3 right? Torres and Richard have shown what they can do. If you gotta give up the farm to get a stud starting pitcher, I'd rather give the overwhelming offer to the Dback for Haren than to the BJays for Halladay. Something is brewing.

:pray

Keep pursuing him KW!!!!!

Yes, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Remove Shelby and add D2 and then maybe we have somewhat of a shot.

If Haren is in any way a possibility I'd much rather give up a ton more for financial benefit and longterm security.

Maybe the Sox can get a major piece or two for Jenks, and then add that to an offer that practically guts the upper levels of the farm? Might as well do that. I just read MLBTR and Ricciardi says Halladay is going to "test" free agency, i.e. sign a megadeal with NY, Boston, LAA, or LAD.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 04:26 PM)
If Haren is in any way a possibility I'd much rather give up a ton more for financial benefit and longterm security.

Maybe the Sox can get a major piece or two for Jenks, and then add that to an offer that practically guts the upper levels of the farm? Might as well do that. I just read MLBTR and Ricciardi says Halladay is going to "test" free agency, i.e. sign a megadeal with NY, Boston, LAA, or LAD.

If the Sox could extend Halladay for like 2 more season it would be stellar but I'm sure no one in the right mind would advise Roy to do that.

Haren is the best bet and I think I'd even go as far as trading:

Poreda/Richard/Danks/Flowers for him.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 06:27 PM)
If the Sox could extend Halladay for like 2 more season it would be stellar but I'm sure no one in the right mind would advise Roy to do that.

Haren is the best bet and I think I'd even go as far as trading:

Poreda/Richard/Danks/Flowers for him.

I agree but I think we'd have to add a lot more, and right now, coming off of today's events, a big splash with Haren would really put the fanbase on cloud 9 and should alleviate concerns about lack of ticket sales over the remainder of the season.

Knowing Kenny as we do, if we could get Haren for that package Haren would already be in uniform. He's probably already offered as much for Halladay or close to it, and Hallday should be quite a bit cheaper than Haren. Poreda easily could have been up here for the scouts, and it's very hard to not see Richard being shopped. Both were involved for Peavy. D2, Flowers, and Viciedo are the only ones we don't know about, but Kenny doesn't often hold on to prospects. If we can find a third team to add prospects or young players for a reliever, maybe we've got a shot.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 04:44 PM)
I agree but I think we'd have to add a lot more, and right now, coming off of today's events, a big splash with Haren would really put the fanbase on cloud 9 and should alleviate concerns about lack of ticket sales over the remainder of the season.

Knowing Kenny as we do, if we could get Haren for that package Haren would already be in uniform. He's probably already offered as much for Halladay or close to it, and Hallday should be quite a bit cheaper than Haren. Poreda easily could have been up here for the scouts, and it's very hard to not see Richard being shopped. Both were involved for Peavy. D2, Flowers, and Viciedo are the only ones we don't know about, but Kenny doesn't often hold on to prospects. If we can find a third team to add prospects or young players for a reliever, maybe we've got a shot.

Viciedo can't be traded until a year after he signed his contract. Flowers was not part of the Peavy talks.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 06:50 PM)
Viciedo can't be traded until a year after he signed his contract. Flowers was not part of the Peavy talks.

Can't you be a PTBNL after 6 months or something like that? I think he can, maybe wrong on that though. Since Viciedo signed in December, if the deadline for a PTBNL trade to be completed is 5 months or less, Viciedo can be dealt.

I know Flowers wasn't part of the Peavy talks. I was saying that Poreda and Richard were, and the other guys we don't know about. I have to assume they're all up for sale when it comes to Kenny though. Unlike Beckham, there are questions about all of these guys as to whether they'll perform in the Majors so I don't see why Kenny would treat any of them like Beckham.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)
Can't you be a PTBNL after 6 months or something like that? I think he can, maybe wrong on that though. Since Viciedo signed in December, if the deadline for a PTBNL trade to be completed is 5 months or less, Viciedo can be dealt.

I know Flowers wasn't part of the Peavy talks. I was saying that Poreda and Richard were, and the other guys we don't know about. I have to assume they're all up for sale when it comes to Kenny though. Unlike Beckham, there are questions about all of these guys as to whether they'll perform in the Majors so I don't see why Kenny would treat any of them like Beckham.

Your probably right. Viciedo was a signing as opposed to a draft pick. I know draft picks can't be dealt for a full year after signing and than there is a limit as to how long someone can be a PTBNL.