BA wouldn't have had it

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 03:37 PM)
I no longer disagree with keeping him over BA.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
I don't know if BA woulda GOTTEN to that ball. Wise went a loooooooong way and BA isn't as fast. BUt, you know what...?

WHO GIVES A s***?!?! MARK BUEHRLE GOT A PERFECT GAME!!!

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 03:43 PM)
... but he didn't... because he's in AAA.

In the post game Ozzie said "We keep him for a reason". Right there.

Great catch

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 05:01 PM)
Podsednik's homer is way up there for me.

#1 for me is Hester's opening kickoff for a TD. At one point in the game the Bears led that game by a TD. Then the game stopped and nothing else happened. At least that's what I remember.

For some reason, it makes watching a no-no so much cooler when there's a great catch to preserve it; it not only enhances the drama, but almost creates a sense of the inevitable.

As a kid growing up in Chicago, I remember seeing highlights of Billy Williams leaping into Wrigley's vines to preserve one for Kenny Holtzman. I vividly remember watching OneDog lay out to keep Wilson Alvarez's alive in his first White Sox start.

This one, coming in the 9th to preserve a perfecto, was the ultimate. All things considered, it was one of the greatest catches I've ever seen PERIOD, and will be remembered by each of us forever.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 05:18 PM)
He get's a break today, that catch was incredible, but he needs to contribute in other areas. No one gets a free pass, not even today.

I wanted to say this but I would have felt like such a dick amid all the euphoria.

QUOTE (Linnwood @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 01:15 PM)
I will never talk s*** about Wise ever again.

I won't hesitate to correctly point out that Wise can't hit for sh*t.

But he's beginning to grow on me defensively. Dude's made some VERY nice plays out in CF this year, and I give credit where credit is due.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 04:23 PM)
I won't hesitate to correctly point out that Wise can't hit for sh*t.

But he's beginning to grow on me defensively. Dude's made some VERY nice plays out in CF this year, and I give credit where credit is due.

And if he only comes in for defense in the 8th and 9th innings...he won't be hitting much.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)
He gets a break today, that catch was incredible, but he needs to contribute in other areas. No one gets a free pass, not even today.

boooooooo! Thunderbolt! WISE gets a free pass today man! Come on man! That was the catch of his life to preserve a PERFECT GAME!!!!! Have a heart and give the man a free pass today!

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 04:03 PM)
#1 for me is Hester's opening kickoff for a TD. At one point in the game the Bears led that game by a TD. Then the game stopped and nothing else happened. At least that's what I remember.

I concur. Outside of the final out in the WS, that was the most exciting play I've ever watched.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 05:32 PM)
You too!! Can't give Wise a break for a little while! booooo haters!!! Yea WISE!!!!

lol. I didn't hate. In fact I actually made a semi pro-Wise post just before that.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 02:26 PM)
And if he only comes in for defense in the 8th and 9th innings...he won't be hitting much.

As long as Pods continues to post an OBP in the .350 range, that would be fine for me.