Gammons Speaks

Jim Fainter

He might have been talking about the Urbina trade. They got 3 of the Marlin's top 7 prospects. They did all right for Everett, but remember they are paying 98% of his salary, and these kids are in A ball, although their futures look bright. We'll see.

Yeah, he's right, the rangers made tons of trades this month, not just everett, they did really well off the urbina trade.

Tonight on sportscenter they had an interview with valentine and they did a little segment on the sox, valentine said the sox WILL make the playoffs.

Guest hotsoxchick1
gammons2.jpg

Hi, I'm Peter Gammons, and I always talk out of my ass! Ass ass ass ass ass! Have I ever predicted anything right? How 'bout them Red Sox? Going for their 85th straight World Series vict....what do you mean they haven't won since 1918? They win every year in my private fantasy world where I can kiss Pedro and Theo Epstein's ass 24 hours a day!

omfg.. lmmfao.......cerb you are the best....... :lol: :lol:

More Gammons. 7-30. Wed.

He really blasted the Cinci management for the way they are dismantling the team. I thought he was going to cry or spit or s***.

" Cinci fans will rue the day that current ownership bought the team from Marge Schott."

"Bud Selig should not allow these trades." (paraphrased that one)

Man, Peter is PISSED about the Reds shenanagans that are going on...I've never seen him actually upset...but really, it makes no sense for the Yanks to get Boone, just because they can...our commish is spineless

Man, Peter is PISSED about the Reds shenanagans that are going on...I've never seen him actually upset...but really, it makes no sense for the Yanks to get Boone, just because they can...our commish is spineless

And in a nutshell, that is why he is pissed. Not because the Reds are being dismantled, but because the Yanks are going to steal White and Boone. He didn't cry when Boston picked up Williamson.

Did anyone else see Gammons get pissed about Jeff Weaver on Tuesday night? I guess when the relievers for NYY came in and blew the game against the Red Sox on Sunday and Weaver didn't react too well in the dugout. Gammons was basically saying stuff to Harold Reynolds like, "I was there...I saw what happened...this guy has done nothing his whole career" and Reynolds says, "He didn't lose the game." Gammons responded with, "he didn't win it."

Lay off man, this was the yankees #5 starter who pitched, i believe, 6 or 7 solid innings and the relievers came in and blew it for him. He just reacted in a bad way. At least he is showing that he cares, he wasn't in taking a shower.

Oh Stutterin' Peter. :rolleyes:

And in a nutshell, that is why he is pissed. Not because the Reds are being dismantled, but because the Yanks are going to steal White and Boone. He didn't cry when Boston picked up Williamson.

Actualy he did say something about the Red Sox getting Williamson. He thinks the whole situation is bad for baseball.

Did anyone hear him talk about this like 4 team deal that has Drew getting traded like 2-3 times (and i can't even remember where he ends up..Oakland maybe?)

It was ridiculous, he's like "i can't even explain it"

Yes its Oakland, but don't remember the trade at all

He did, but only after this Boone deal came to light. Even then he was nearly as upset about the Williamson purchase, as he was about the Boone-dogle.

Of cousre he wasn't because he didn't realize what was happining till the Boone deal came up. And once he figured it out he critized them for everything they were doing.

His problem is every team is trading for every player. So it a trade occurs he has his ass covered, and came up with a scoop.

Gammons baseball acumen was on display at the All Star Game. He picked Boone to win the HR Derby. Boone hit 0 HR's and even whiffed at one. For the actual game he compared the NL line up to the 1933 game's AL lineup, Ruth Gehrig, Foxx ect....and said if the NL had the lead after six the game was over. It wasn't a Cap Cod league team the AL had out there, but listening to him you would have thought that. Gammons is mostly fiction, there's really no substance to most of what he says.

do you people realize that gammons works for the boston globe? do you realize that the boston red sox play in boston, which is where the boston globe is located?

phil rogers contributes to espn.com too, and all he writes about is the cubs and white sox but nobody ever complains about that.

I knew that he worked for the Boston Globe, but I had NO idea that the Boston Globe was located in Boston OR that the Red Sox played there!!!!

Fact of the matter is, Gammons is an imbecile who is almost NEVER correct about anything he says.

And he looks like a gerbil.

And he is 112 years old.

Also, I don't care about Phil Rogers - maybe if Phil Rogers was flapping his loose jowels on ESPN television instead of pecking away at his PC for espn.com, I'd have more of an opinion about him.

do you people realize that gammons works for the boston globe? do you realize that the boston red sox play in boston, which is where the boston globe is located?

phil rogers contributes to espn.com too, and all he writes about is the cubs and white sox but nobody ever complains about that.

I knew that he worked for the Boston Globe, but I had NO idea that the Boston Globe was located in Boston OR that the Red Sox played there!!!!

Fact of the matter is, Gammons is an imbecile who is almost NEVER correct about anything he says.

And he looks like a gerbil.

And he is 112 years old.

Also, I don't care about Phil Rogers - maybe if Phil Rogers was flapping his loose jowels on ESPN television instead of pecking away at his PC for espn.com, I'd have more of an opinion about him.

Well everyone acts so shocked when he talks about Boston all the time. It's like they can't put 1 and 1 together.