So what's up with Danks and the hospital?

Steve9347

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 08:41 PM)
So Torres would make the next scheduled start than or so I'd presume?

I guess it depends on how Colon does. I'm guessing we'll probably see a bullpen arm come up for a bit, and we'll decide what to do when Danks' spot comes up again when we get there.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 06:45 PM)
I guess it depends on how Colon does. I'm guessing we'll probably see a bullpen arm come up for a bit, and we'll decide what to do when Danks' spot comes up again when we get there.

Colon wouldn't be ready in time for Danks next start so that would mean the Sox would have to skip a turn in the rotation. If Torres has already been sent down though, it'll be too late and both him and Poreda will be unavailable.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 06:50 PM)
Colon wouldn't be ready in time for Danks next start so that would mean the Sox would have to skip a turn in the rotation. If Torres has already been sent down though, it'll be too late and both him and Poreda will be unavailable.

Who else is left who'd be available?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 02:50 AM)

I don't believe the 10 day rule applies to DL issues for other players.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 08:50 PM)

If Danks does go on the 15 day DL, they can recall Torres back if he has officially been sent down. Realistically the Sox wouldn't have made the move until right before the game tomorrow (officially) and just recalled Colon to replace Danks.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 23, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)
Has to be Torres.

Can't imagine someone like Egbert, JVB or Whisler would get another crack at it...way too early for Hudson.

Garcia's far from ready? Or has there been more encouraging reports in recent days?

yea he is bcuz he barely threw a bullpen session on mon? and the next scheduled one was for today i believe. he still has to get 3-5 starts in the minors ozzie had said