Do you like ESPN?

Do you like ESPN?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch ESPN?

• Yes, it's a legitimate sports news source and one of the main places I get information
    • Hell no, it's worthless unless you are a fan of one of their favored teams
    • I don't ignore it, but there are other places I look before ESPN

Stuart Scott is one of the top 3 reasons I hate ESPN. For a guy who has never played sports, they sure like to plaster his mug on every damn commercial and ESPN tv show. Every time he start yapping I just want to poke him in his good eye.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
Stuart Scott is one of the top 3 reasons I hate ESPN. For a guy who has never played sports, they sure like to plaster his mug on every damn commercial and ESPN tv show. Every time he start yapping I just want to poke him in his good eye.

Thats the least of my concerns. I mainly dislike the guys who have played sports because they dont know what it takes to be a real anchor/analyst. Fernando Vina or Eric Young anyone?

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 05:19 PM)

I also think it's somewhat of a disservice to have a well-educated African-American man talk hip, street lingo to the audience.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 08:32 AM)
The NBA gets no more off season news in July than MLB would in December.

They're covering NBA summer league stuff and still talking about basketball. What channel are you watching?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 04:23 PM)
I also think it's somewhat of a disservice to have a well-educated African-American man talk hip, street lingo to the audience.

"ah no you di-int!"

"boo-yah!"

ESPN is absolute garbage. My favorite experience recently involved watching the two sportscenter anchors complain about Favre coverage, only to throw it to TWO frickin ESPN "reporters" camped out at Favre's home for the latest "news." 20 minutes later we learned absolutely nothing, except that Rachel Nichols talked to someone, and is completely unattractive.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

With the exception of living sporting events they have exclusively, ESPN is dead to me. I used to watch Baseball Tonight, which was a fun game of watching the entire hour for Sox highlights only to find out that the BBTN crew didn't deem our team worthy of coverage. (It sill amazes me how infrequently the Sox made BBTN in 2005, when they were in first place for 162 games.)

Now that MLB Network has launched I have no reason to watch any of ESPN's shows.

Yeah the thing that pisses me off most about ESPN is the NFL live gets to air every night at 11:30 for a half hour. Wtf? I can deal with the day time airing, but there is no need for a half hour of NFL stuff in night time coverage when it's not Football season. Baseball tonight only airs during baseball season.

Anyway I watch it because its the only 24/7 Sports Channel that covers everything, but am not a big fan of it. Baseball tonight is decent because of Tim Kurkjian and Buster Olney and sometimes Peter Gammons when he isn't in love with the Red Sox.

I love the MLB Network though and watch that a lot.

You guys want to know why ESPN totally sucks now? Tune into baseball tonite right now so you can catch the baseball analysis of the winner of the recent American Idol, David Cook.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Aug 2, 2009 -> 07:53 AM)
No.

You should see the Australian Versions of Sportscenter and PTI they put on. Cringeworthy.

You should post some clips

Edited by KyYlE23

I deplore ESPN and only tune in to live sporting events. With the NFL and MLB networks, I see no reason to tune in for these particular sports. I'm still waiting for a more available college football/basketball alternative. They have some good writers on their website, but now almost all are for insiders and I refuse to pay.

They care only about ratings and entertainment value, and since they have been Disneyfied(You may not find that in Websters), they are just a running joke.

What bothers me most, is they now only care about breaking a story first, or taking credit even when they don't, and so often their reports are false. They have lost all journalistic integrity.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 11:22 AM)
ESPN Radio is good IMO

I enjoy Mike and Mike in the Morning and Doug Gottlieb is funny. And Bill Simmons' podcasts are classic.

Mike and Mike seem to over value their own importantce. Bill Simmons is funny, but when he talks at length about the Red Sox, Patriots or Celtics, he loses his national relevance.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
Mike and Mike seem to over value their own importantce. Bill Simmons is funny, but when he talks at length about the Red Sox, Patriots or Celtics, he loses his national relevance.

I can't listen to his nasally voice, it's terrible. It's the one Adam Carolla podcast I couldn't get through, it grades on me.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
I can't listen to his nasally voice, it's terrible. It's the one Adam Carolla podcast I couldn't get through, it grades on me.

Thats too bad, cause those 2 put on such an amazingly funny podcast.