Daniel Hudson

chisoxfan09

I have read three scouting reports on his stuff and upside and am confused. One says his slider is definitely his number pitch with a nasty bite against right handers and the other two say his curve is better? He is definitely mowing down AA batters (5-0 with very low WHIP) so I think maybe AAA by the end of the year. Maybe not but an ST invite is possible for next year. What are your thoughts JPN?

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 01:40 AM)
I have read three scouting reports on his stuff and upside and am confused. One says his slider is definitely his number pitch with a nasty bite against right handers and the other two say his curve is better? He is definitely mowing down AA batters (5-0 with very low WHIP) so I think maybe AAA by the end of the year. Maybe not but an ST invite is possible for next year. What are your thoughts JPN?

Well, according to his interview on Future Sox, he throws both. After watching him, especially tonight, he's one to hold onto and NOT trade. He doesn't have one dominant pitch, he mixes them well and effectively and has a lot of life on his fastball. It tends to get harder and faster the longer he pitches.

Well, according to his interview on Future Sox, he throws both. After watching him, especially tonight, he's one to hold onto and NOT trade. He doesn't have one dominant pitch, he mixes them well and effectively and has a lot of life on his fastball. It tends to get harder and faster the longer he pitches.

HOw is he getting most of his whiffs? He gets ahead in the count and then puts them away with the slider/curve or brings heat on most of the K's?

Edited by chisoxfan09

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 02:18 AM)
HOw is he getting most of his whiffs? He gets ahead in the count and then puts them away with the slider/curve or brings heat on most of the K's?

He mixes it up, the hitters don't know what's coming.

He mixes it up, the hitters don't know what's coming.

It looks like he is not a power pitcher but decent enough life and movement on the fastball to be very effective. I am thinking if he does well he will be at Charloote for sure next year and maybe a mid year call up.

JPN, just read through his interview again and he says he induces a lot of ground balls. Have you seen a heavy sink on the fastball? I will look at the stats from AA and see whst the ratio of GB/fly balls is. Cya

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 05:08 AM)
It looks like he is not a power pitcher but decent enough life and movement on the fastball to be very effective. I am thinking if he does well he will be at Charloote for sure next year and maybe a mid year call up.

I'd say that he can be a power pitcher at times.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 05:31 AM)
JPN, just read through his interview again and he says he induces a lot of ground balls. Have you seen a heavy sink on the fastball? I will look at the stats from AA and see whst the ratio of GB/fly balls is. Cya

There is definitely a heavy pop in the catcher's mitt when he throws his fastball. I'll take a closer look at his fastball next time he makes a home start so I can answer your question better. Ask me again after the August 4th game.

knowing KW I would be shocked if Richard, Poreda and Hudson are on the Sox next Saturday unless the org has determined this is a transition year.

Not saying I'm for unloading prospects (would have to depend on the return) just looking at KWs track record