Sox. Tigers. Baseball. Fox. 3P. G

Heads22

QUOTE (DanksFan @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 05:06 PM)
there is no such thing as momentum for our sox

Sure seems that way. Detroit really sucks, but they ARE lucky. The ESPN radio announcer said that both Thames and Granderson broke their bats on their hits.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 06:07 PM)
Does Jenks even have any value in a trade at this point? I can't see many teams wanting a closer that gives up base runners every time he's in to close. He walks guys. He gives up runs. Let's just face the facts. Jenks is NOT a good closer in this league anymore. He was fine when he could reach back and throw 99-100 every time he came out. Now, he's lucky to tap 95 most of the time, his hook isn't nearly as nasty as it used to be... What does he have that makes him better than, say, Thornton, as a closer?

its a confidence/mental thing with him right now. he touched 97 today

Jenks was bringing it a 97 on Granderson.. just was a bad pitch. I can understand AJ's thinking though. I'm sure he thought Granderson was looking for a curveball so he tried to fool him. He guessed wrong. I don't think Coop shoulda got Bobby thinking like a true pitcher personally. I've said that for two years now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 06:08 PM)
Can someone tell me what exactly Jenks did wrong here?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

People here really need to look at the real situation before just blasting a player they may not like.

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 06:09 PM)
This was NOT on Jenks!!! A good LF makes the first catch... he gets a shattered bat single... and then makes one bad pitch on a bad pitch selection.

Lets get um in the 10th and put Jenks back in for the save!

I agree. Jenks threw very well today. Had some ball luck and a borderline bad pitch selection. I don't think he should be left off the hook now as he did blow a save, and that fastball shoulda been high on Granderson since Curtis likes the high fastballs.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 06:09 PM)
Sorry, but this wasn't a meltdown. f***ing Podsednik was playing in Ontario, Thames broke his bat in two, Granderson hit a ball hard but in the infield.

On the other hand, Jenks's stuff actually looked good. Maybe he just needs 4 days between appearances.

Oh, if Paul Konerko or Carlos Quentin would like to arrive in Detroit at some point, I'm all for it. Especially Quentin.

yup. i understand u should win these games, etc but since the break (not including the 1st game) were averaging 3 runs a game. sorry, but thats not guna cut it. not in this league