Sox. Tigers. Baseball. Fox. 3P. G

Heads22

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 06:22 PM)
Basically we have dropped out pants and inserted our head for 3 games here. This is something we used to do with the Twins. Kick the ball around, no hitting, and late inning struggles by the pen. Hopefully we keep on the plan to transform this team in the offseason.

i know JT, JD and Pk are doing real well this year but we do have to change this team. awesome pen, game

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 11:23 PM)
What a swing of emotions over the course of four games...I was thinking we were just going to take off as a team like in 2003, but that was a pipedream to think this team could replicate the 2nd half of 2003 or that these Tigers are as vulnerable as those Royals were.

this weekend set up horribly for the Sox it seemed like. At least Danks is ok.

Our bullpen is a shambles. Four back in the loss column with Tigers playing so loose on Sunday going for the sweep.

Hard to believe we haven't won a game this series yet.

Man there are no words to describe what's gone on in Detroit after the perfect game.

QUOTE (scotty22hotty @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 11:26 PM)
there goes our chances for a blockbuster trade :(

thankfully...I have no faith in KW with trades right now. I would hate to see him go all in, only to put the Sox in position to be the 3rd or 4th best team in the AL.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:26 PM)
Doesn't matter. Sorry, not after the last 2 games.

Yes it does. Because I can't remember a game where we've won the way they did today. Except for Podsednik, no one on our roster ever does what they just did to us; an unending string of balls hit where our defense wasn't.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 07:26 PM)
not that I can recall

All of their runs came off shallow singles or ground balls. Having said that though it doesn't really matter, we only scored 3 runs.