Sox. Tigers. Baseball. Fox. 3P. G

Heads22

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A.J. called a really bad game today.

He called inconsistent pitches to Granderson. Granderson was 0-2 three times and he ended up reaching base all three times.

This was one of the worst games we've played all year. It may be the dagger. If Detroit sweeps us, we're f***ing done considering we have to go to Minnesota right after.

Buehrle's perfect game may have been the WORST thing to happen to this team. It has lost all of its focus. It's playing like s*** defensively and hitting like crap with RISP.

BTW, did anybody think the ball Granderson hit was foul? It sure looked foul on the angle Fox showed it.

QUOTE (DanksFan @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 06:27 PM)
The Tigers have had a lot of luck this series too... seriously. I think their collective team put a rabbits foot up its ass before this series.

ok but what can u do? all that matters is that we havent won. whether it was 4-3 and all 4 coming via the long ball or all on errors, a loss is a loss/ :(

QUOTE (DanksFan @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 12:28 AM)
Right now it's pretty much like "everyone on this team sucks ass except for Buehrle and Wise. And Josh Fields, too."

oh Wise sucks, don't worry. One catch in a game where we were up 5-0 doesn't mean his .150 or so OBP over the last few weeks makes him any better

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 05:27 PM)
The Twins didn't hit the ball hard against us in previous years as well. Same result.

Well, since you bring up the hated Twinks, I can't remember a team reminding me so much of the Twins as the lucky-ass Tigers did today.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 06:27 PM)
The Twins didn't hit the ball hard against us in previous years as well. Same result.

And yet, we've smashed the ball right at people.

This is what happens when you have a team of machos vs. a team of little guys in baseball. The little guys don't have to be at their best to win. The machos do.

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 06:21 PM)
The point about Jenks isn't just this game... The point is, when was the last time you saw him come out, and NOT allow at least one baserunner? Hell, he's gotten a couple saves this year where he's given up runs and squeeked out of it. He's not a dominate pitcher anymore, and he rarely, if ever, comes into the game, and doesn't allow a baserunner. Your closer shouldn't blow big games like this for you. He's got an ERA over four for f***'s sake.

QFMFT....

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 12:30 AM)
And yet, we've smashed the ball right at people.

This is what happens when you have a team of machos vs. a team of little guys in baseball. The little guys don't have to be at their best to win. The machos do.

We didn't hit anything hard after the 6th inning or so. Basically the story of our season.

ok but what can u do? all that matters is that we havent won. whether it was 4-3 and all 4 coming via the long ball or all on errors, a loss is a loss/ :(

There's 2 months yet. Losing a couple games now isn't bad, but my biggest fear is if it puts Detroit on a roll. I hate how sports are sometimes. The Sox are a far better team then Detroit, but a combination of bad luck and decent pitching from Detroit ended up killing us.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 06:29 PM)
A.J. called a really bad game today.

He called inconsistent pitches to Granderson. Granderson was 0-2 three times and he ended up reaching base all three times.

This was one of the worst games we've played all year. It may be the dagger. If Detroit sweeps us, we're f***ing done considering we have to go to Minnesota right after.

Buehrle's perfect game may have been the WORST thing to happen to this team. It has lost all of its focus. It's playing like s*** defensively and hitting like crap with RISP.

BTW, did anybody think the ball Granderson hit was foul? It sure looked foul on the angle Fox showed it.

No it wasn't inconsistent. He called the same pitch 2 times in the same situation and got beat on it with men on. Whomever has a scouting report that Granderson gets beat on high fastballs with 2 strikes needs to try again. Gavin gets to 0-2, and AJ calls a high fastball. Bobby gets to 0-2, AJ calls a high fastball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 05:30 PM)
and this isn't even a rip on Ozzie as much as it's praise on Leyland, but he's managed a hell of a series so far.

yea,not even close...weren't the Tigers slumping til we came to town by the way?wtf

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 05:33 PM)
Fathom's mentioned it, if the Sox lose tomorrow they have to seriously consider becoming sellers with MIN, NYY, and BOS coming up.

I don't think you make those decisions based on schedule.

QUOTE (DanksFan @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 06:31 PM)
There's 2 months yet. Losing a couple games now isn't bad, but my biggest fear is if it puts Detroit on a roll. I hate how sports are sometimes. The Sox are a far better team then Detroit, but a combination of bad luck and decent pitching from Detroit ended up killing us.

even if we get swept, i donth think our season would be over but i dont want kw trading our future for no reason. one pitcher or hitter isnt guna help. if the bullpen continues to struggle, then thats it,

Anyone else remember the 1991 season, where the team was 1 game back, Wilson Alvarez threw a no hitter his first time out, the team was 20 games over .500, and suddenly they went on a major losing skid, finished the season in 2nd place and were 8 games under .500 after the no-no?

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 06:34 PM)
I don't think you make those decisions based on schedule.

I would hate to see us give up prospects if we are 4-5 games out. I wonder what kind of return we could get for Dye considering what STL got for Holliday.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 04:35 PM)
I would hate to see us give up prospects if we are 4-5 games out. I wonder what kind of return we could get for Dye considering what STL got for Holliday.

Holliday will be offered arbitration. JD almost certainly won't.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2009 -> 06:32 PM)
No it wasn't inconsistent. He called the same pitch 2 times in the same situation and got beat on it with men on. Whomever has a scouting report that Granderson gets beat on high fastballs with 2 strikes needs to try again. Gavin gets to 0-2, and AJ calls a high fastball. Bobby gets to 0-2, AJ calls a high fastball.

It was inconsistent. With Gavin, he constantly went away with curve balls in Granderson's first two at bats, resulting in walks. I don't remember a single time where Gavin threw one in his face like Jenks tried to.

I can't blame A.J. for the job Jenks did because Jenks missed his spot. That ball was supposed to be higher. It was right on the top of the strike zone. If it was even a little higher, we wouldn't be b****ing and moaning.

That said, he has to call a curve in that situation. If it's a bad one, block it. That's A.J.'s job.

Edited by chw42