Mark Buehrle-Future Hall of Famer?

rangercal

QUOTE (LZPride08 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 01:08 AM)
has there been a pitcher(s) that has a Perfect Game in his career but hasn't been inducted to the HOF?... i thought THAT itself was a shoe-in to the HOF

Look no further than in our own organization. Charlie Robertson.. Not in the hall. I'm sure the other losers...er... stat guys here can say the others if there is any (probably is) assuming that Cone, Wells, RJ (still playing) and Rogers don't count yet.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (LZPride08 @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 01:08 AM)
has there been a pitcher(s) that has a Perfect Game in his career but hasn't been inducted to the HOF?... i thought THAT itself was a shoe-in to the HOF

The following have not been inducted into the hall of fame while throwing a perfect game.

Charlie robertson, don larsen, len barker, mike witt, tom browning, dennis martinez, kenny rogers, david wells, david cone, randy johnson, and of course buehrle.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 09:10 AM)
The perfect game = HOF argument for me is the same as the 4 HR argument. Mike Cameron hit 4 bombs in a game, but belongs no where near the hall of fame.

I believe MB could win 30 games somewhat the same way that Maddox won his just with 15 win seasons consistently. With 10 or 11 seasons. He'd be 41 however; I wouldn't blame him if he walked away from the game before then. Now if he would have about 5, 20 win seasons in that 10 or 11 additional years I think then he could he'd have a better chance of being a hof inductee.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 05:42 AM)
The following have not been inducted into the hall of fame while throwing a perfect game.

Charlie robertson, don larsen, len barker, mike witt, tom browning, dennis martinez, kenny rogers, david wells, david cone, randy johnson, and of course buehrle.

Wow, I hear so much about Larsen and his world series perfect game, I always assumed he had a great career and was a hall of famer. Actually, his career record was 81-91, and he even went 3-21 in his second season with Baltimore. His career ERA was 3.78, but ERA+ was 99. he played for 8 different teams, including the White Sox.